3rd row access | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd row access

annem13

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 explorer limited
Hi...just got my explorer today and i'm not happy that third row access is not possible with car seats! Any suggestions? Other than that....I love my new explorer!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is if you got the second row buckets without the console option....

Third row accessibility (knowing you would have car seats in the second row) should have been a part of your decison making process prior to making your purchase.

Good luck

Hi...just got my explorer today and i'm not happy that third row access is not possible with car seats! Any suggestions? Other than that....I love my new explorer!

While not optimal, you could put one carseat in the 3rd row passenger side of the car so that the 2nd row 40 still rolls & tumbles. The carseat would really be accessible but when the seat is folded.

Not sure how old your carseat-baby is but that's what I would do. If it's an infant seat, that could be more difficult.

Dont feel bad. If my cousin didnt already have an Acadia with bucket seats i might not have considered getting them.

Do you have two car seats?

If so, any way you could squeeze both of them on larger seat? Then you'd be able to move the smaller one to get to the third row.

Thanks for the replies! My daughter who is 7 probably won't be in a car seat much longer. I may move her booster to the 3rd row.

Yeah, your 7yo could totally put her booster in the back. My 8.5yo moves his booster all over this truck!

When I had 2 little ones and then had the 3rd, it was hard to configure the carseats in the mini-van - but with just the one now and a portable seat at that (not latched in) - it's great :)

I don't know your carseat laws but ours are 8yr *or* 59lb/59" - we're waiting for the height at this point and then he's DONE! :)

Yeah, your 7yo could totally put her booster in the back. My 8.5yo moves his booster all over this truck!

When I had 2 little ones and then had the 3rd, it was hard to configure the carseats in the mini-van - but with just the one now and a portable seat at that (not latched in) - it's great :)

I don't know your carseat laws but ours are 8yr *or* 59lb/59" - we're waiting for the height at this point and then he's DONE! :)
I just checked on the Internet and it says for height it is 4'9" which is 57". If that is the case, that means 2" less waiting time.;)

Peter

Peterk - you're right. I totally forgot that it was different. It is so easy to say "59/59" but you're right - so much better at 57! We are *very* ready for that seat to be GONE!

I have a long way to go...my 7 yr old is tiny!

Back