*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Dear VinceL,

sorry about that, I just realized the temp is displayed as you say... it was there in front of me all the time...

Regards,
Pete.

Hi, Pete!

I'm glad VinceL was able to help you with this! Just so you know, we are working on an update for MyFord Touch to bring the outside temp back to the main screen. It'll be configurable for those that wish not to have it displayed. :)

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Forgive me for possibly asking a very basic question but I was not sent an update kit via mail and was notified to take the vehicle in for the update to the MFT/ Navigation.

How do I know if it was ever done? How do I verify my version is current (both MFT and Navigation)? The SD card shows a 2011 date on it so I dont think it was changed but who knows how this works.

The last time I took it in for service, I requested this be done. At the end of the service/ at pickup, I was informed that they could not get it done, technical issues (whatever). Today I was assured it was already taken care of.

It's really frustrating depending on others to do work that I know I could do, wish the kit was sent to me instead.

I would like to verify what I have and figure out what is out there for me to get at this point.

The syncmyride site just keeps looping when I ask run the "status checker", its actually been going for 10minutes now with no results.

EDIT/; just went to account settings on (syncmyride) this is what it shows:
SYNC Version
Gen2 - V2.7 BT4T-14D546-AL
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F496-AN
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F497-AL
BT4T-14F603-AL

does any of that indicate the NAV version?
On the explorer, I can see system information and it seems to show a NAV version but i dont konw what the current one is.
Any help would be appreciated.

Forgive me for possibly asking a very basic question but I was not sent an update kit via mail and was notified to take the vehicle in for the update to the MFT/ Navigation.

How do I know if it was ever done? How do I verify my version is current (both MFT and Navigation)? The SD card shows a 2011 date on it so I dont think it was changed but who knows how this works.

The last time I took it in for service, I requested this be done. At the end of the service/ at pickup, I was informed that they could not get it done, technical issues (whatever). Today I was assured it was already taken care of.

It's really frustrating depending on others to do work that I know I could do, wish the kit was sent to me instead.

I would like to verify what I have and figure out what is out there for me to get at this point.

The syncmyride site just keeps looping when I ask run the "status checker", its actually been going for 10minutes now with no results.

SYNC Version
BT4T-14F603-AL

On the explorer, I can see system information and it seems to show a NAV version but i dont konw what the current one is.

SMR website is often not updated immediatly after the software is loaded into your vehicle., even when the dealership does it.

Best way to check is to go into settings and software version right from the MFT screen itself.

If you get version v2.7 showing on your screen you have old software as the Performance Upgrade is v3.0.2 and the NAV SD card is A2

Doing it yourself is easy.

SYNC Version
BT4T-14F603-AL

Hi, neocvera!

You can run a Vehicle Health Report in your Explorer and it will update SYNCMyRide to 3.0.2 if the upgrade was completed. Please send me a private message with your VIN if you have any questions! :)

Rebecca

Hi, Pete!

I'm glad VinceL was able to help you with this! Just so you know, we are working on an update for MyFord Touch to bring the outside temp back to the main screen. It'll be configurable for those that wish not to have it displayed. :)

Rebecca
Rebecca,
Any sense when the update will be out?

hey all! i'm still learning this site. just came across it tonight! I have had the a lot of these same issues out of my 13 XLT, but one thing that bugs me to no end is that I can not opperate my iphone music library via my phone. For me this is a bigger problem because the touch system does not work well at all. and trying to find a song I want to hear... well I just hope the tune is stuck in my head!
I was wondering if anyone know a work around that will allow you to use the phone to navigate your music library? (just to be clear this is connected via USB and is not an internet radio station. these are mp3/4 files downloade to the phone) Thoughts?

Back