What size BTF lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What size BTF lift?

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer
Im wanting to lift my 04 x, but im not sure on what size to go with. I mean I dont want my upper ball joints going out all the time and dont want my CV axles rubbing either. I do some mild off roading not a lot so would the 1.75 front and 1.25 rear lift be enough or do I need to go with the 2.25 front and 1.75 rear? Thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 1.75/1.25. Does the job, you'll be fine with that height. If you want more height, than go with 2.25/1.75. You don't NEED to get the BTF Upper arms, but they'd help especially with the more lift you add.

I'd say go with the 1.75 front, 1.25 rear combined with the 1.5" bodylift and run 285s and youll have all the ground clearance you need. I've got the 2.25 front, 1.75 rear and the ride quality is horrible on city streets....but I like being eye level with 2500s and f-250s so I deal with the bumpiness :thumbsup:

Yeah I was thinking that 1.75/1.25 would be enough for me. Hbrichman can you clear 265's, the it set up like that? Kazer the problem with the body lift for me is the fact that I just dont like them at all. I see trucks here around me and I just dont like it, thanks for the imput though.

Understandable. Yeah 265s will clear at stock height so they'll be fine with the 1.75/1.25 spacers. If you wanted to clear 285s you would need the 2.25/1.75

Here is some pics of my truck with the 2.25/1.75 with the 1.5" bodylift. I was iffy on the bodylift at first also, but with larger tires, the frame doesn't look terrible. I've since put my running boards back on and now the frame only sticks down a half inch below the running boards
100_0632.jpg

100_0630.jpg

100_0628.jpg

100_0623.jpg

Do you have problems with your upper ball joints or did you get the BTF UCA also? BTW your X looks awesome.

Thanks. I miss those rims and tires. no btf arms here. I replaced the stock upper ball joints with moogs and they're doing fine. I beat up the truck off road a few times and it began to tear both boots, but they don't squeak and work fine

Well now you have me considering the 2.25/1.75. Im not sure yet, but I wont be getting them untill the first of the year (Feb) at the latest. But hey thanx for all the info and I'll you all know when it gets closer to time.

Is there a website for there lifts? The one I clicked on says its for sale. Also can you run a 3" body lift instead of the 1.5" lift? Everything I read says 1.5" is that just cause you can get it for $50 so its a cheaper route and still clear the 285s? Reason I ask is I want to run 33x12.5

Is there a website for there lifts?

btf-fab.com you have to call him, its a custom made product and not mass produced.

Also can you run a 3" body lift instead of the 1.5" lift?

Re-read the 1.5" lift thread. It tells you what to do for the 3" lift as well. If you notice. To get the 1.5" body lift all you are doing is cutting down 3in blocks, so buy 10, 3in blocks and the correct bolt's specified.

btf-fab.com you have to call him, its a custom made product and not mass produced.

Re-read the 1.5" lift thread. It tells you what to do for the 3" lift as well. If you notice. To get the 1.5" body lift all you are doing is cutting down 3in blocks, so buy 10, 3in blocks and the correct bolt's specified.

What does there kit normally run for the 2.25/1.75? Reading there site had me wondering do they build an actual suspension lift kit?

I read the body lift part a couple times just didnt know if people just do the 1.5 cause of the cost effectiveness or what.

I read the body lift part a couple times just didnt know if people just do the 1.5 cause of the cost effectiveness or what.

Besides being cheaper, the 1.5" body lift doesn't require the installation of front bumper brackets or a steering shaft extension. It's just less stuff you have to modify and install.

Looks like this will be a future mod when i pick up my x

Im wanting to lift my 04 x, but im not sure on what size to go with. I mean I dont want my upper ball joints going out all the time and dont want my CV axles rubbing either. I do some mild off roading not a lot so would the 1.75 front and 1.25 rear lift be enough or do I need to go with the 2.25 front and 1.75 rear? Thanx

my drive 05 explorer xlt. lifted 2.25front and 1.75rear. i will order tw 265
177484_4282002657040_247890478_o.jpg

For starters, learn to word a sentence.

Second, OP means "Original Post"[/QUOTE
I was posting a pic showing him my lift in relation to his question.
No need to be a dick.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was posting a pic showing him my lift in relation to his question.
No need to be a dick.

His question that you quoted was asking what size is safe enough where he doesn't need to worry about ball joints, but still gain enough ground clearance to do some mild offroading. Showing him a picture does not answer his question.

Back