Custom "stealth" Subwoofer Boxes - Is There a Demand For These? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom "stealth" Subwoofer Boxes - Is There a Demand For These?

Jstcruz

Reaction score
City, State
Deltona, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ex XLT & 84 Ranger
Hey guys. I am new to the site - awesome site! - but I have noticed in my search for "stealth" box ideas that many people out there want one but do not have the time or know how to build one. Ive done the research and am just about to build one for my X. If anyone wants one, I have some extra materials to build a couple more if anybody is interested. I'm in the Orlando area and just got a 97 XLT a couple of months ago. I love my X and this site makes it easy and fun to own!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys. I am new to the site - awesome site! - but I have noticed in my search for "stealth" box ideas that many people out there want one but do not have the time or know how to build one. Ive done the research and am just about to build one for my X. If anyone wants one, I have some extra materials to build a couple more if anybody is interested. I'm in the Orlando area and just got a 97 XLT a couple of months ago. I love my X and this site makes it easy and fun to own!

i'm interested, currently in doubt to buy the JL audio one for the rear, so surprise me :)

At this point I'm just seeing what is out there as in what people are willing to pay for one. I'm not trying to make a ton of money - I would just like to help some folks out and make a couple bucks while work is slow. Where are you located and what kind of setup do you want? I can help you with sub and amp choices and install as well. Just tryin to stay busy with what I love doing!

Bumping this kinda old thread...have you built any of these yet? I would be interested in getting one but I would have to see design. I want to keep as much cargo space as possible.

I built one for my truck a little while ago. It worked out very well, looks great and sounds awesome. If you want to email me at Lite.em_up@yahoo.com I can show you some pics of mine going together. I don't know how to post pics on the thread or I would..

ya i might be intrested as well, some specs would be good too, :)
thank you for your time and effort:)

As far as specs go, all I can tell you - since I can't find my figures from building mine at the moment - is that the internal volume of my box came out close to .06 cuft. I had to use a ring to bring the woofer out just a little bit so it could fit in the box but I used a nice healthy Polk DB 10 inch woofer. There are woofers that are not quite as deep as this one, but some are also deeper so you have to be aware of the mounting depth of the woofer you plan to use and also the reccomended volume. if you are under the reccomended volume by a small margin you really wont notice any loss from it. For what it is, a single 10 and a 300 or so watt amp will give you some very nice sound if you do it right.

There could be... My cheap solution was the stock 8" sub box refitted with an 8" JL, but the stock enclosures are getting hard to find for some reason, and lots of people ask about the boxes...

I'd want one for a deep 10 but it needs to fit behind the factory grill also... How much shipped to 18428?

Sorry if I didnt get back to you guys. If there is still any interest in this let me know :D

Would like to see pics of the box before you installed it. Dig the pic you posted recently of your truck. Since I carry stuff in my Ex, grille-less would not work for me.

It looks very much like the one in the link above, I folowed his example very closely since it worked out well for him. I have been trying to find a good looking grill for mine but no luck. I might try to make one some time.

0802101651.jpg

0802101702a.jpg

0802101702.jpg

0829101808.jpg

I like it! Nice job.

I like it! Nice job.

Thank you, and thank you Vlad!

Btw Grn, I had stickers made that say "Thy shall not leaveth thou chariot stocketh"! lol. The people at the shop I go to thaught it was funny. Let me know if you want one.

awesome box! no dimensions?

Awesome work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back