• Register Today It's free!

I'm new on here looking for ideas

jsplash88

Reaction score
City, State
indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 ford sport trac
I just bought an 05 sport trac and want to do some modifications to it. I have blacked out my taillights and corner lights. I want to lift it but just a mild lift. And I would also like to beef up my transmission for towing purposes. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do a TT/shackle lift for a few inches of lift for under 150 bucks, then get a tranny cooler. itll help a lot when towing. good luck!

Welcome from San Diego, enjoy the forum! Got any pics?

New shocks will help too...

Cool thanks for the info. I'm not really sure how to get pics on here yet other wise I would have some pics up. Once I figure it out I'll have some pictures.
I also have another question, I was thinking of getting a wheel adaptor kit and putting f15 fx4 wheels on the trac. I think the 17 instead of 16 would look good. I also wanted paint them black. Has stone seen or heard of somebody putting the bigger wheels on a sport trac?

your best bet is to buy a fresh set of aftgermarket wheels. you will end up spending a lot more having to buy the spacers because you will need to pay a premium to get dependable spacers that wont get you killed on the road or on the trail if spacers are the route you are going to go. and just my opinion, but adding spacers is just adding another point of possible weakness on your rig. aftermarket wheels can be had for so cheap these days, i think it just makes better sense to go that route. good luck and post pics when you can!

Back