sync stopped talking to me | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sync stopped talking to me

2013silverlmtd

Reaction score
Hi all! Found this site while searching for solution to a problem with my 2013 Explorer. After working pretty well for the last 4-5 months, my voice button suddenly stopped working this week. When I press the "voice" button on the steering wheel, I get no prompts. I can still see on the display screen that it is working (it says "listening," "try again," etc...) but nothing comes out of the speakers. She still talks to me in navigation mode, I've checked all the settings, volume control doesn't seem to be an issue, and now I'm stumped. Any others have this problem? Or have any suggestions? I would rather not do a master reset if there is an easier solution.
THANKS!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only sure fire way to get it all back in line is to do a master reset. Shoe

Hi all! Found this site while searching for solution to a problem with my 2013 Explorer. After working pretty well for the last 4-5 months, my voice button suddenly stopped working this week. When I press the "voice" button on the steering wheel, I get no prompts. I can still see on the display screen that it is working (it says "listening," "try again," etc...) but nothing comes out of the speakers. She still talks to me in navigation mode, I've checked all the settings, volume control doesn't seem to be an issue, and now I'm stumped. Any others have this problem? Or have any suggestions? I would rather not do a master reset if there is an easier solution.
THANKS!!
I guess you could try the old pull and reinsert the fuse #29 thing if you can get at the panel. You could also try disconecting/reconnecting the battery keeping in mind that the transmission will have to relearn its shift points and the idle and fuel trim stratgey for optimum performance would also have to be relearned.

Peter

THANKS!!

Hi, 2013silverlmtd!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Like shoe said, a Master Reset will resolve this issue; it'll also erase all of your NAV and SYNC info. You can try a reboot if you have an empty USB flash drive. Please download the reboot file here:

http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Mine came back when I did a vehicle health report. However, she would not talk at all, even on navigation.

Say PLEASE.....

Sorry had to do it.

J

Say PLEASE.....

Sorry had to do it.

J
Welcome to the Forum jdr1000.:wavey:
I hope you enjoy your new vehicle as much as I enjoy my 2011.
I'm a little bit curious here. You show you have a 2013 Explorer Limited LDd. What dat? LDd?

Peter

Thanks for all the input! A master reset done at our local Ford dealership didn't resolve the issue, so they replaced the "Sync module" whatever that is. All is well.

Thanks for all the input! A master reset done at our local Ford dealership didn't resolve the issue, so they replaced the "Sync module" whatever that is. All is well.

Awesome! Glad to see you're up and running again. :D

Rebecca

;-)

I'd prefer that she didn't talk to me. That way, my frustration would end after the first failed attempt at getting a proper response...

;-)

I'd prefer that she didn't talk to me. That way, my frustration would end after the first failed attempt at getting a proper response...

Set her to ADVANCED and she won't talk to you anymore, RandyH2! LOL

MENU > SETTINGS > VOICE CONTROL > INTERACTION MODE > ADVANCED

MENU > SETTINGS > VOICE CONTROL > CONFIRMATION PROMPTS > OFF

Rebecca

Back