• Register Today It's free!

best way to pop a dent.

MyTrac

Reaction score
City, State
Utica, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
I have ab nice dent on my front quarter panel from a hit and run. is there any way to get it out without taking it off?? tried this pops a dent thing and it sucked squirrel nuts. any ideas or help?? will a collisions shop do it for cheap????? I don't need it repainted or nothing

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ive had good luck with non creased dents with a suction cup i bought at harbor frieght. I think it was made to hold windshields. All depends on if is near where the metal is tacked to a support

Tried cans of air?

Joe what do you mean by cans of air??

Did you watch the vid? It's in there...

Call Dent Wizard. :D

it wont work on mine bc mine is creased. taking it to the local place to have it popped out.

i know few companies do dent outs, they make a small hole and grommet it after they are done, last time i used them it was under 100 - 150 dollars.

ugh they are really gonna make me pay them to repaint it??? cant they take off the panel and punch it out??? I don't want a hole in my truck!!!!

no, they need it to be on so the rest of it can maintain strength, then they massage the dent out.

it depends on where the dent is, quarter panels are in the back, so 99% they have to put a hole on the side of it, so they can stick the tools in.

i guess its the fender. the passenger one....oh well i guess it has to be done.

harbor freight slide hammer- 20 dollars; 3M bondo kit- 20 dollars; can of spray paint- 5 dollars... knowledge- priceless.

have you checked with a shop that does paintless dent repair to see if it is possible to pop the dent without altering the panel?

I took it to a place called gentiles in town. they did what they could for free!! I will eventually get the whole truck repainted and the scuffs and stuff redone....but that will not be for a looonngg timeeeeeeee

Back