Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

1. Feature
2. 2011 Limited/Tow
3. 15,000
4. 3.0
5. I think it would be really great if the Entertainment section of the home screen would allow me to set Favorites from different "bands". For example, I could set a couple FM Radio Stations, a couple Sirius Channels, etc. on one set of favorites without having to switch between bands to get to those favorites.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. Feature
2. 2011 Limited/Tow
3. 15,000
4. 3.0
5. I think it would be really great if the Entertainment section of the home screen would allow me to set Favorites from different "bands". For example, I could set a couple FM Radio Stations, a couple Sirius Channels, etc. on one set of favorites without having to switch between bands to get to those favorites.

:thumbsup:

HI ALL

i'm owner of ford explorer 2012 XLT from bahrain
i have problem that RDS in the radio that shows the FM radio information can not turn on ..and i can't see stations names !!!

if you can fix this problem in next update please ... i already talked with the dealer here and they don't have any idea about it and no body help me with this issue ...

:(

BUG
Rapid Spec FWD 202A-XLT
32000 Miles
MFT Sync VersionGen2 - V3.2.2

After updating to V3.2.2, trying to select BT Stereo Source to stream audio from phone, as soon as I click the down arrow to move to page 2 to select BT Stereo, page 2 briefly display and then bounces back to page one.

If quick and luck enough, you can catch it, a few times I could not

I am able to select from the dashboard using the right navigation keys.

Using iphone 4s with IOS 6

This clip in Youtube shows the bug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-GwkYEJMc0&feature=plcp

BUG
Rapid Spec FWD 202A-XLT
32000 Miles
MFT Sync VersionGen2 - V3.2.2 (this was on the prior version, have not had low fuel to duplicate just yet, but will confirm later)

Starting up vehicle, fuel level low and warning is displayed, can not dismiss warning until I shut down and restart a few times.

This does not always happens, but once is once too many.

Here is a youtube clip to show the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RabxzOpI7EE&feature=plcp

BUG
Rapid Spec FWD 202A-XLT
32000 Miles

When I start the vehcile, I expect the Entertainment option to show a list of current sources, it just shows AM/FM, Sirius and CD.

Sometimes you can navigate around the list and it will refresh and show all the sources, but it should show all the sources all the time.

Here on this YouTube clip I was able to navigate to the blank row and press OK causing the system to blank out and reset.

It does not always reset like this, but most often time I am able to navigate to the blank line.

There should be no blank line and all the sources should be refreshed as and when they come on-line !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xS5YBDrVQ0&feature=plcp

I-phone 4 sync issues with 2013 Ford Explorer Limited

Bug.
Ford Explorer 2013 Limited
400 miles
I-phone 4 running 6.0
Phone will connect briefly then freeze up all sync ###ntions including navigation and phone. Will periodically display error message like "No SKB card detected. Another similiar phone works fine on same car.:mad:

XLT 2013 MFT Black Screen

Seriously. 4 days off the dealer lot and my center screen has gone blank. No radio, phone, navigation, etc. Any quick fix for this or do I need to go to the dealer and start the "process"?

Black Monitor

Hello, sorry for my bad English. I live in germany and have Problem with Black Monitor after the Insalling the 3.5.1 Update from syncmyride. The installation beginns automatically, and he stops by Files 6 ( of 10 ). The Engine is allways running for 2 hours and the Downloadprocess is standing on File 6. What can i do now? Now, the Monitor was Black and allways the Computer will beginn a new Start.

Hi, Scheibletti ;)

Try to redownload the update and try to finish the update with another USB stick. You can also try to do a full FAT32 formatting before ( no quick format) copying the update files. It will take some time but maybe it helps resolving your issue and finishing your update. Maybe there was a reading error on the stick or a corrupt update file.

Where did you get that update from?

Klaus
(viel Glück)

MFT-Update

Hallo Klausj, wußte nicht dass du es bist.
ich habe die Datei von syncmyride.com runtergeladen, habe dir ja die Probleme schon bei motor-talk geschildert.
Habe Rebecca auch schon eine mail geschrieben, aber bis jetzt noch keine Antwort erhalten.
Gruß Uwe

1.) Bug & feature
2.) XLT Rapid Spec 202A
3.) 950 miles
4.) MFT v.2.8
5.) iPod classic 120gb
6.) HTC Thunderolt (Verizon)
7.) I keep reading on here that people have 'flawless' ipod playback. I'd like a clear definition on 'flawless' or better yet some video. The ipod playback STINKS on MFT. It's slow and poorly designed. I shouldn't have to start browising from scratch whenever I want to go back to the same playlist and choose another track that may be 100 songs away. There are aftermarket systems that are several years old that handle the ipod far better tha MFT. Page scrolling is excrucatingly slow. There's nothing that ay of the Ford 'reps' on here can do to fix this i am aware. I am also skeptical that Ford will make any solid efforts to appease the thousands of scorned Ex owners.

I feel that the best solution here is custom programming. Just like they do with smartphones, where genius programmers cook up these custom versions of Droid, winmo, etc. We need a custom version of MFT which addresses the multitude of inefficiencies. Hopefully there are some people reading this who either have the programming skills or knows someone who does.

Hi.

I guess I would be one of the anoying people that is feeling very good about the iPod interface and MFT and SYNC overall. Only had it a few weeks, but very happy with it. I wanted to qualify it a bit though because of your comments. We agree, I think - but I see it differently.

In my old Escape, I has a hard wired 'PIE' interface wired into the SAT interface of the head unit.

this:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38524_P.I.E.-FRD03-POD-S.html

It had 2 modes: 'head unit control' and 'iPod control' (hang with me here, I DO have a point to make)... The 'head unit control' was excruciating. Slow, tedious.. using 'skip' and 'scan' controls on the vehicle radio to try and navigate the ipod menus and playlists. Horrible. The 'iPod control' setting was a dream. Just use the ipod as you normally would which - lets face it - has very nice controls. I had a clip with suction cup on windshield so it was mounted heads up just to the right of and slightly above the steering wheel. Nice.

MFT - totally different animal and same as many iPod interfaces - totally takes over control of the iPOD and you cant override it. I have accepted the fact that no matter what - you simply are not going to get the slick interface of the iPod itself. Could it be better or faster? Probably.

What I have done is both trimmed down the number of playlists I have down to about 200 - and renamed them to make them both easier to find and ALSO easier to access via voice commend.

With almost 1,500 albums and 14,000 tracks - getting to a specific song can be... challenging no matter what I do. I can live with it. Lately I can often just use voice commands to pull up an album (if I remember the name!) or artist.. and then skip thorugh. Not easy in all cases since I set up my classical composers as 'artists' and have about 100 CDs for each of 'Mozart' or Beethoven for example. I might also have 15 CDs (including a couple crappy ones ;) ) for a rock artist so jumping to a particular artist isnt always getting me 'exactly' where I want to be - but pretty freaking close - and here is the important point to me: I can do it without taking my eyes off the road or having to mess too much with the radio or iPod. This is a big deal in my eyes - I told my wife the other day - and I was only half joking - 'this thing is probably going to save my life'. I realize how much time I spent looking at my phone or iPod.

I think if the end user is disconnecting/reconnecting the media device or devices - of assorted types - then yes - having to 'browse' or select or use voice control to select a playlist it is totally reasonable and not that hard...to me - but obviously my perception and expectations of the experience differ from yours. To date - I have had no trouble whatsoever with MFT starting exactly where it left off playing music - but leave the iPod Classic I have for that always connected.

In short - for me... Use voice commands. Streamline playlists. Work within the system dont fight it - it is not a trackwheel and direct hardware interface to the iPod - its an external software interface and external database/index - which is fine. If I find that the volume of music is creating too many difficulties for me - I might just load up a USB stick with a few thousand songs on it... but as of now - it is working well enough for me that I dont see any need for that.

Yeah - the PIE hardware interface I had was lightning fast since it let you use the actual iPod as a music library navigation tool - but right now I prefer MFT and SYNC and its not even close. The thing is - I think you and I agree that the manual navigation of an iPod through MFT touch screen is slow and clunky (compared to native iPod navigation! Its not that different from other external iPOD control systems, it just isnt.) - but my point is that I dont really need that direct manual browsing very often - hardly at all and when I do, it is fine.

Internal cabin temp please

1. feature
2. 2013 Lmtd 301a
3.1350 miles
4. v351
5. a. Would be nice to display internal cabin temp (as well as outside.)
b. Choice of which to display or both in consoles.
c. AC should behave based on internal cabin temp. settings or changes.

Currently internal cabin temp can only be guessed at by raising/lowering
displayed Climate temp and feeling heat or AC increase or decrease in the air mix.

Frequent AC activation when not needed lowers real world gas mileage.

If setting internal Climate temp to match the displayed external temp,
external air coming in is still heated a bit.
When its not hot outside, to have plain external air come in, need to lower displayed temp setting approx 3* so its just air, no heat, and no need for AC when external air is already cool.

These temp settings are working consistently for me on a daily basis:

Setting temp to 73* is the lowest amount of AC mixed with external air.
Cool but not cold, can feel slight humidity from external air.

Setting temp to 74* or higher allows external air in, no AC.
So on a hot day if external temp = 80*, set to 74*, can feel plain air.

Set temp to 73* minimal AC, set any lower AC increases in power.
AC works well, if set to or lower than 72*, almost froze my arm off :D

Using Sony premium audio with Touch Climate controls.
In general the basic left/right manual controls would allow for full control of air and climate functions,
Touch controls-not so much.

Touch controls are waaaay nicer than a full dash of controls...

Feature.
Cannot see the climate control LEDs on the Sony audio system while driving,
cant tell if AC is on or off.
The angle or the entire touch panel angle need to be driver centric.

Feature.
Please oh please more cubby holes, cubby slot, cubby areas in dash.
Best spot likely over the media bay pop up door.
Or how about thin pockets on the sides of the front cabin divider?

Feature.
Turn signals available on steering wheel buttons.

Feature
Space or cubby with pre made openings and connector panel near openings to attach only equipment - CB radio or other devices.

Thank you.

BUG
Rapid Spec FWD 202A-XLT
32000 Miles

When I start the vehcile, I expect the Entertainment option to show a list of current sources, it just shows AM/FM, Sirius and CD.

Sometimes you can navigate around the list and it will refresh and show all the sources, but it should show all the sources all the time.

Here on this YouTube clip I was able to navigate to the blank row and press OK causing the system to blank out and reset.

It does not always reset like this, but most often time I am able to navigate to the blank line.

There should be no blank line and all the sources should be refreshed as and when they come on-line !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xS5YBDrVQ0&feature=plcp

Sadly the fact that the list of sources on the right cluster doesn't refresh upon startup is a bug that has existed for 2+ years.

Has anyone seen this message before? It's been popping on and off for the last two weeks and never had an issue till this point. The message says "This USB device is consuming excessive power. It may not work correctly with SYNC."

I've used the same iPod since purchase and haven't really added any new music.

Any ideas?

Has anyone seen this message before? It's been popping on and off for the last two weeks and never had an issue till this point. The message says "This USB device is consuming excessive power. It may not work correctly with SYNC."

I've used the same iPod since purchase and haven't really added any new music.

Any ideas?

Hi, explorernoles,

This can be caused by a faulty iPod cable or battery. Try switching out your cable and, if possible, your iPod. If that doesn't help, make an appointment with your dealership to have your media hub looked at.

Rebecca

Hi, explorernoles,

This can be caused by a faulty iPod cable or battery. Try switching out your cable and, if possible, your iPod. If that doesn't help, make an appointment with your dealership to have your media hub looked at.

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca. I'll give your suggestion a shot.

Suggestion:

Whenever I start the vehicle I want the last used screen to be displayed, not the Home screen. If I shut the vehicle off with the Audio on fullscreen, I want that exact screen to be displayed when I start it again. At least give me the option in the settings to display "last used" or "Home screen".

Riley, I would like that feature with EVERYTHING ... make the default setting the last setting !

radio, nav, ac, seat coolers/heaters, phones, seat position, etc... etc...

If the same person drives the same car every day in the same conditions, why WOULDN'T you want the same settings ? if conditions change - THEN I'd be happy to push a few buttons !

(of course I'm whining about having to push a few buttons - This IS America and we have certain HIGH expectations :) :) :) )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2013 Limited, loaded except headrest DVD players.

When heat is required the second row climate control has options for floor, top vents, and floor/top vents combined.

When you control the second row heat from the front controls, it only controls the heat from the floor.

The front controls should have the same options the second row controls do, options for floor, top vents, and floor/top vents combined.

Last winter I was driving on the highway at -35 degrees. The floor heat was on and my twin 4 year old grand daughters in the second row said their hands were cold. I had to pull over and stop, get out and open the second row door to select floor/top vents combined.

Definitely an over site on Fords part in my opinion, especially in a top of the line SUV.

Back