MFT Update | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did the update Saturday and ever since then my Sirius Travel Link services have not been working. The only one working is Sports. All others keep showing the spinning wheel like it is updating. I talked to Sirius tonight and they tried a variety of troubleshooting tricks but no luck.

Anyone else have the similar issue?

I downloaded the update Saturday night and just got around to installing it tonight. I started the install after getting gas and it was finished by the time I got home, about 25 minutes later. Everything seemed fine, the phone was paired, and addresses were still there. It was refreshing travel link when I shut it off and went inside. I will post if I notice anything weird with the update, but so far it all seems fine.

Well this sucks... do you guys check the sync website every day or something? I don't check for a few days and completely miss the update before it was pulled. I guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks before they put it back up

Well this sucks... do you guys check the sync website every day or something? I don't check for a few days and completely miss the update before it was pulled. I guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks before they put it back up

Why are you upset? LOL

It was pulled because it was busted, consider yourself lucky you didn't get it and have it do something weird to your car! :D

Why are you upset? LOL

It was pulled because it was busted, consider yourself lucky you didn't get it and have it do something weird to your car! :D

Let's see..I have an android phone and a Windows computer... you think I'm not used to using bug-ridden slow software? It's not a real upgrade unless you have to disassemble the dash to pull the fuse while simultaneously giving it a few whacks to let it know who is boss

Ps took me 10 minutes to type this out on my wonderful droid charge

I did the update Saturday and ever since then my Sirius Travel Link services have not been working. The only one working is Sports. All others keep showing the spinning wheel like it is updating. I talked to Sirius tonight and they tried a variety of troubleshooting tricks but no luck.

Same thing happened to me. Did update Sunday morning. Monday morning went for a spin and they still weren't working. After about ten minutes I pushed the weather bar and up came aquiring data or something like that.
Message went away and 1-2 minutes later weather worked. Did that with all the buttons. Now everything works. Weird. I was going to try reboot app but now I don't have to!
Hope it still works tomorrow.:D

My Explorer has been doing that constantly and this was before the update. My issue is MFT continues to reset itself on a daily basis now and every time it does, Sirius Travel Link services keep showing the spinning wheel except for sports.

Let's see..I have an android phone and a Windows computer... you think I'm not used to using bug-ridden slow software? It's not a real upgrade unless you have to disassemble the dash to pull the fuse while simultaneously giving it a few whacks to let it know who is

Ps took me 10 minutes to type this out on my wonderful droid charge

Hehehe, silly me, I should have known! :D

Why are you upset? LOL

My opinon is it had issues with installing. I had troubles getting it to install. When it finally did, I have no issues whatsoever. Working same as it was before update...temp is back, thats all i notice.

And if we've already installed 3.2, what are we supposed to do?????

Sit tight! We're still investigating and I'll update when I have more info. Shoot me a PM if you are having any issues, or like Vince said, enjoy the outside air temp! ;)

What about the files downloaded at the dealer from the PTS website? Are those ok to use?

Dealer installs are good. I don't suggest rushing to the dealer to have it performed though. We will have it added back to SYNCMyRide in no time.

When you have time, please try what GWA1 suggested if you haven't done so already.

Rebecca

Installed it on Sunday. It full-on black screen crashed this morning, and it's never done that before. If you have it and haven't installed, don't do it!

Installed it on Sunday. It full-on black screen crashed this morning, and it's never done that before. If you have it and haven't installed, don't do it!

Did your display come back, nnichols?

Rebecca

My opinon is it had issues with installing. I had troubles getting it to install. When it finally did, I have no issues whatsoever. Working same as it was before update...temp is back, thats all i notice.

I would tend to agree. The fact that I had to start the process manually is what leads me to that conclusion. Otherwise everything is working normally and I have the temperature option. It does seem that the touch response is faster, but not sure if it is my imagination or not :)

its a lot quicker, also i can go 3 days without a bug, thats a big improvement over the last update, i guess well see how it works long term

My update is working fine as well. No issues. Sync Services, Travel Link, Nav, everything...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rebecca,

I tried what GWA1 suggested, been trying it, no change. I did do the reboot app and now Sports is doing the same thing. How much longer until Ford corrects this? We're paying for 3rd party services such as Sirius Travel Link that we're unable to use.

Should I master reset?

Should I re-install 3.02?

Thanks,

Back