MFT Update | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update

As I understand it, having fiddled with it excessively (that's what she said), is that the Offset gives you a little more control. The dash dimmer is convenient for turning the brightness up and down quickly. The Offset allows you to make the screen a little brighter or dimmer than the dash dimmer setting, so while the two are linked, you have an added bit of customization available. I like the option, but it seems not to work 100% of the time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Successfully Upgraded Explorer Sync Software to Version 3.2.2. Outside temperature back on the center screen where it belongs. A note to Firefox users - Use MS Explorer to download software to your thumb drive. Firefox is apparently not an approved browser.

As I posted in another thread, Firefox will work. I am not sure why it wouldn't cooperate when I tried to update our car.

Firefox worked fine for me. :thumbsup:

I wasted a good hour with mixed results with Firefox, and finally saw the note "For best results use an approved browser". Jumped over to MS Explorer and it was flawless. It may be what extensions you have in place in Firefox.

Rebecca,

Can you summarize what does this MFT update take care of?
Obviously the temp is back on the display (which is a good thing)
I read on this thread, that MFT response after update seems to be faster?
Does this update address the poor sound quality of cell phone conversations over the vehicle's Bluetooth?
Anything else?
thanks,

Rebecca,

Does this update address the poor sound quality of cell phone conversations over the vehicle's Bluetooth?
Anything else?
thanks,

See post #91

Besides temp. not much. My MFT takes longer to load now and just started at shut down to show the Ford logo behind whatever screen it is on at the time. Guess it's time for another app. reboot. Third time since installing update.

Please try a Master Reset first:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

If that doesn't work, going to your dealer to have 3.2.2 re-installed would be your best bet. Keep us posted!

Rebecca

Rebecca,

I tried the Master Reset and there is no change.

My Travel Link subscription is everything but Traffic. After the 3.2.2 update (the premature release version that was originally pulled from site) showed I was subscribe to all services including Traffic. So I thought that was the problem and your suggestion of Master Reset would correct it all. Well, after Master Reset my subscriptions are shown accurately but I still dont get any data.

Only slight change I now have is that Sports has stopped the spinning wheel update, but if selected it just states No Data Available.

I had Sirius resend an activation signal as well as what they call a soft reset signal being on the phone with them for 20 mins last night - still no change. Sirius suggested if after 24 hours it doesn't update then I need to go to dealer Sirius is suspected a malfunction in satellite module.

I dont think it is a bad module due to everything worked fine before the premature release of 3.2.2 was installed.

Can you send me the current 3.2.2 so I can update it again? I cant d/l from syncmyride because I already updated the site showing I have it. I really dont have time of dealing with the hassle of taking it to dealer right now.

Thanks,

Rebecca,

Anything else?
thanks,

New,
Regarding the poor sound quality of cell conversation...try this: Make a phone call while you are at freeway speeds, then while you are connected, make volume adjustments using the radio volume control. Once you find the volume level that allows clear conversation, you are set. You will not have to readjust at each phone call. Good luck! Let us know if it works for you...

My voice commands weren't working today, so I went into the settings menu and adjusted the voice's volume. It worked after that. Go figure.

Best Update So Far

Just to update, my 2011 explorer is working great after the update. The sync and voice commands are super responsive, withno reboots or unusual activity going on eight days! Forme at least, this update has made a noticeable difference. June 2011 build, iPhone 4s BTW with 7500 songs on connected USB. Really Satisfied!:thumbsup:

Seems better

It does appear to be a little more responsive. I don’t find myself trying to hit the same button over and over.
I have to say though, when I was getting the TSB's taken care of last week I got a '13 Lincoln loaner and the MLT in that thing was super responsive. The screen sensitivity was fantastic (although the gui left a bit to be desired). It felt a bit more like glass to the touch.

Makes me wonder if some of the issues are not solely hardware and unfixable. ;)

What a pain, now I have to deal with the dealer again...

"Oh, a new update? We didn't get that in the mail yet..." I told him they can download it from the PTS website.. "Oh, I doubt it but you can bring it in..."

2012 Limited, syncmyride.com says I need to get it done by the dealer. I was fully updated before and reported the updates to syncmyride.com...

Chapman Ford in EHT, NJ

I am not finding an actual download link to the update anywhere on SMR. the only 'download now link I see is for the status checker. help?

Rebecca,

I tried the Master Reset and there is no change.

My Travel Link subscription is everything but Traffic. After the 3.2.2 update (the premature release version that was originally pulled from site) showed I was subscribe to all services including Traffic. So I thought that was the problem and your suggestion of Master Reset would correct it all. Well, after Master Reset my subscriptions are shown accurately but I still dont get any data.

Only slight change I now have is that Sports has stopped the spinning wheel update, but if selected it just states No Data Available.

I had Sirius resend an activation signal as well as what they call a soft reset signal being on the phone with them for 20 mins last night - still no change. Sirius suggested if after 24 hours it doesn't update then I need to go to dealer Sirius is suspected a malfunction in satellite module.

I dont think it is a bad module due to everything worked fine before the premature release of 3.2.2 was installed.

Can you send me the current 3.2.2 so I can update it again? I cant d/l from syncmyride because I already updated the site showing I have it. I really dont have time of dealing with the hassle of taking it to dealer right now.

Thanks,

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the update files, TheTigs; please see your dealer when you get a chance.

I am not finding an actual download link to the update anywhere on SMR. the only 'download now link I see is for the status checker. help?

Hi, hannibalhector!

Certain vehicles have unique update requirements, based on specific hardware or software components, which our dealerships are best qualified to provide. Your vehicle has been assessed to belong in this category.

Rebecca

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the update files, TheTigs; please see your dealer when you get a chance.

Hi, hannibalhector!

Certain vehicles have unique update requirements, based on specific hardware or software components, which our dealerships are best qualified to provide. Your vehicle has been assessed to belong in this category.

Rebecca

so does that mean that everytime an update is released, I will have to go to the dealer?

According to my dealer theres a new update out for MFT again (i huge one that is about 20GB) sounds like a full OS and MFT reload

Just saw this thread... no update for MFT is ever going to be 20GB ;) I doubt it's even 1GB. There's not that much ROM on the board.

I am sincerely hoping that what Rebecca said about me not being able to get updates directly from the site isnt true. That make zero sense to me. is it a 2011 ex thing? i thought the hardware was identical? the idea of going to the dealer just to install this minor update sounds silly. i'd almost be inclined to find an alternate download other than SMR...

so does that mean that everytime an update is released, I will have to go to the dealer?

No. You won't have to visit your dealer for every update.

I am sincerely hoping that what Rebecca said about me not being able to get updates directly from the site isnt true. That make zero sense to me. is it a 2011 ex thing? i thought the hardware was identical? the idea of going to the dealer just to install this minor update sounds silly. i'd almost be inclined to find an alternate download other than SMR...

You're not able to get this update via SYNCMyRide.com. Your dealer will be able to explain further. V3.2.2 is not a major update, so if you'd prefer to wait for a future one, you can, however, you should still contact your dealer to see if you should or shouldn't have it performed.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No. You won't have to visit your dealer for every update.

You're not able to get this update via SYNCMyRide.com. Your dealer will be able to explain further. V3.2.2 is not a major update, so if you'd prefer to wait for a future one, you can, however, you should still contact your dealer to see if you should or shouldn't have it performed.

Rebecca

no offense to anyone, but my experience with my dealer is that they are always seem to be unknowledgable when it comes to the technology aspects of service. tires, brakes, oil changes, they're great. when it comes to MFT, they never have any idea what's going on with regards to updates and the SMR site. Furthermore, my dealer is some 20 miles away and out of state. i try to only go when absolutely neccesary. i'd like to be able to install this update on my own. Is there something you can do to make it so that when i login to SMR, the download link is available? it would be most appreciated.

Back