2013 Ford Explorer Vs 2012 Acadia Denali | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer Vs 2012 Acadia Denali

Which Vehicle for a young family of four?

• 2013 Ford Explorer

Votes: 44 81.5%
  • 2012 or 2013 GMC Acadia Denali

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 2013 Ford Expedition

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other Brand

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Dude!, get a bike

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
My experiance.

I had Acadia 2009 which I sold and bought 2013 Ex Limited. I am very happy with my decision.

If I compare both cars the only thing positive I can see in Acadia is engine power. Acadia is little bit better in pickup and drive but most of time I don't notice it so no big deal. Interior of Explorer is way way better then Acadia specially passenger row seats in Acadia were painfull really... very low and not comfortable at all. My wife always complained about these seats. Technology wise MFT is way ahead.. an in my case I have no issue with MFT till now. Shape wise Explorer is beautifull and elegant and better then Acadia.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Volvo XC60 T6 Platnium was my first choice. But, I couldn't find any in stock within surounding states. Also, the local dealer didn't have much of a service. To make a long story short. I got the explorer. It can sit two more people, better gas mileage, three thousand dollars cheaper after negotiation.

BTW, both SUV depreciation is about the same. I went with the american made ford instead.

Buy a Honda Odyssey, its a no brainer, put tons of miles on it and it still will be worth some money. safe, reliable and proven. Your car should be whats best for the family,your pocket book, not your previous life style. seriously every thing from getting in an out for the kids safely as well as a cavernous amount of room.

Probably not the most popular response on a ford forum, but hey you asked.

The new Acadia Denali's are much nicer than the original Lambda chassis SUVs. It combines the best of the Acadia and the Enclave to surpass both of those. The Traverse can hardly even be considered in this compare as its offerings are soi much less than the denali or enclave. That being said I liked the interior of the ex better but would just as soon go for an expedition for the extra hp and you really dont lose much in the way of gas mileage.

[QUOTE
Probably not the most popular response on a ford forum, but hey you asked.[/QUOTE]

You're right....it's not......and on top of that....the question asked was Ex vs. Acadia...Where the heck did a minivan enter zny part of the conversation???:scratch::dunno::crazy:

Buy a Honda Odyssey, its a no brainer, put tons of miles on it and it still will be worth some money. safe, reliable and proven. Your car should be whats best for the family,your pocket book, not your previous life style. seriously every thing from getting in an out for the kids safely as well as a cavernous amount of room.

LOL!!! How is that a no brainer? And when did the OP ever ask anything about an Odysey? As far as being safe, etc, what about the explorers safety ratings, proven crash tests, and multiple people's recounts of walking away from accidents make the latest gen explorer any less safe than an Odysey?

Why are you here?

[QUOTE

You're right....it's not......and on top of that....the question asked was Ex vs. Acadia...Where the heck did a minivan enter zny part of the conversation???:scratch::dunno::crazy:[/QUOTE]

I agree. Someone mentions minivan and all of a sudden thats whats best for all familes with 4 or more. There is not doubt they are more practical but sometimes in life we do what makes us happy

you know what? I would buy a van and modify it to look the best way possible but my wife hates vans... lol

I know I asked Acadia Vs Explorer but at this point I would buy Hyundai if I knew it was going to be more reliable than the CUV's mentioned.

Think about this for a second, and bare with me here, about 2 years ago the iphone 4 came out and there was a problem with it because the calls dropped while touching the antenna that surrounds it, it made national headlines!
Here we have a vehicle that has some issues that could be potentially deadly, and somehow this is all below the radar.... (has anybody even started a petition or something?)
now, im not trying to bash the explorer, I mentioned previously that I really wanna like this vehicle, heck I don't even own one yet, but im going to wait a few more months for possible fixes to all the issues that have presented to current owners before I consider the explorer again on the top of my list :(

We looked at Acadia, Explorer, and Traverse... We settled on the Explorer because the inside just seemed nicer and more polished, and the Explorer had the most features for the money

Here we have a vehicle that has some issues that could be potentially deadly, and somehow this is all below the radar....

What "potentially deadly" issues have been reported? The issues related to the explorer have all been cosmetic, or annoyances. I don't know of anyone that has had an issue that could be classified as "potentially deadly" aside from one person reporting complete loss of power going around a curve. That ONE person reported that problem, and no one else seems to have had anything like that occur. I think you've overdramatized some first year annoyances.

I sued Ford for lemon law over my 2011, and they resolved my complaints, but it wasn't because of a "potentially deadly" issue. I'm re-investing in another Explorer because it's honestly the most comfortable, safest vehicle we have ever driven.

What "potentially deadly" issues have been reported? The issues related to the explorer have all been cosmetic, or annoyances. I don't know of anyone that has had an issue that could be classified as "potentially deadly" aside from one person reporting complete loss of power going around a curve. That ONE person reported that problem, and no one else seems to have had anything like that occur. I think you've overdramatized some first year annoyances.

I sued Ford for lemon law over my 2011, and they resolved my complaints, but it wasn't because of a "potentially deadly" issue. I'm re-investing in another Explorer because it's honestly the most comfortable, safest vehicle we have ever driven.

He's referring to the steering issue.

He's referring to the steering issue.

That's what I assumed he was referring to also but still, that only plagues the 2011. The 2013 doesn't have the issue and I don't believe I've seen any reports of the 2012 having it either.

Back