• Register Today It's free!

Ford frustrations!!! Help!

billybob107

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
I am/was a proud owner of a new 2013 explorer XLT. I bought the SUV end of July, and loved it, until about 1,600 miles. Thats when I got what I thought was the "Black Screen of Death". However this wasn't the case. I have been back and fourth to dealership for now the 3rd time! First time they did a hard restart, before I left the parking lot of the dealership the touch screen was dead! The screen will flicker and then come back but the touch screen is dead until the car is restarted. The second time at the dealership they replaced the USB module and stated it was fixed after having it for 2 1/2 days. Two hours later while driving around town the touch screen locked! I bought a new car to avoid these problems! The dealership ordered a APIN, and installed it today, and guess what, its still locking up!!!!! They state they are in contact with the FORD hotline, but I am at wits end, the car has been in the service department for a total of 8 days now! Does any have any advice in regards to Lemon Laws, or any ways to get this fixed! I have lodged a complaint with Ford corporate and waiting to hear back from them. Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would suggest sending Corey (I believe that’s your name) on here a PM and ask him to look into it. He may be able to get you a direct call or something from Ford. I am not up to date with all this technology talk but has your Ford dealer replaced the wiring and monitor its self for MFT. I have not had an issue and I have a 2011 one. I am not sure about the Lemon Law but I think others on here used it. I will search for you and see if I can find anything.

EDIT: Assuming you are from NC I just found the Lemon Law website on your DMV page. http://www.ncdoj.gov/consumer/automobiles/lemon-law.aspx Take a look and see what you qualify for.

My advice, post in the correct forum. There is an MFT dedicated forum where dedicated Ford IVT employees respond to issues like this.

I am/was a proud owner of a new 2013 explorer XLT. I bought the SUV end of July, and loved it, until about 1,600 miles. Thats when I got what I thought was the "Black Screen of Death". However this wasn't the case. I have been back and fourth to dealership for now the 3rd time! First time they did a hard restart, before I left the parking lot of the dealership the touch screen was dead! The screen will flicker and then come back but the touch screen is dead until the car is restarted. The second time at the dealership they replaced the USB module and stated it was fixed after having it for 2 1/2 days. Two hours later while driving around town the touch screen locked! I bought a new car to avoid these problems! The dealership ordered a APIN, and installed it today, and guess what, its still locking up!!!!! They state they are in contact with the FORD hotline, but I am at wits end, the car has been in the service department for a total of 8 days now! Does any have any advice in regards to Lemon Laws, or any ways to get this fixed! I have lodged a complaint with Ford corporate and waiting to hear back from them. Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum billybob107. :wavey:
It isn't unusual for some new vehicles to have early issues, and that is particularily true of the new Explorer. It has so many electronic features that they can be very difficult to track down when a problem happens.
As blwnsmoke mentioned, your post would be better off being in the following forum;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177
You an also send Rebecca (FordIVTteam) a private message and see what she can do for you.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum billybob107. :wavey:
It isn't unusual for some new vehicles to have early issues, and that is particularily true of the new Explorer. It has so many electronic features that they can be very difficult to track down when a problem happens.
As blwnsmoke mentioned, your post would be better off being in the following forum;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177
You an also send Rebecca (FordIVTteam) a private message and see what she can do for you.

Peter

Umm.... we are in the 3rd model year... this whole MFT mess doesn't qualify as an early issue any more.

Umm.... we are in the 3rd model year... this whole MFT mess doesn't qualify as an early issue any more.
I wasn't referring to the new Explorer model. What I meant was that any new vehicle may have problems early on and especially one that has so much electronics in it. As with many electronic devices that are made, if it is going to fail, it is usually quite early in its lifetime.

Peter

I would suggest sending Corey (I believe that’s your name) on here a PM and ask him to look into it. He may be able to get you a direct call or something from Ford...
I appreciate the shout-out, Justyman87. However, it’s better to get in contact with our awesome In-Vehicle Technology team member Rebecca (FordIVTteam). I’m sure she’ll pop in to help. :D

Cory

Hi, billybob107!

Please send me a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this further for you. Also, include if you have your Explorer back or not. Thanks!

Rebecca

this is the main reason why i stay away from any vehicle that came out the year were in or the next cus they usualy have tiny bugs that need tweaking ive noticed this with alot of the newer cars while working at dealerships.

Back