2013 Blinker / turn signal...am I the only one?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Blinker / turn signal...am I the only one??

I agree.

Both ways are by accident because there's not enough catch or resistance there to prevent the high beams from being mostly flashed (lever pulled) or sometimes activated (lever pushed). There needs to be more catch / resistance to require more effort in order to flash high beams and a "click" noise to signal the driver when that effort requirement has been met. I just hope those on here who are with Ford hear this and relay the message to the engineers.

I agree 100%. The high beams should require more resistance to activate, and having said that, I would prefer less resistance activating the blinker.

Having said all that, my wife doesn't seem to have a problem with it, and it's her car, so there you have it :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm having the same issue. I took it to the dealer and there is nothing they can do about it. If I get a ticket for accidentally flashing my high beams, I'm making the dealer or Ford pay for it.

I'm having the same issue. I took it to the dealer and there is nothing they can do about it. If I get a ticket for accidentally flashing my high beams, I'm making the dealer or Ford pay for it.
Welcome to the Forum usmcsdiwife. :wavey:
As I've mentioned before is other posts, I'm not a big fan of this turn signal setup. I haven't had the same flashing problem but sometimes when I have the signal on, if I touch it again it turns the signal off instead of staying on. I also prefer to have it signal more than 3 times in the other mode.
There is nothing technically wrong with the turn signal. It is what it is, like it or not. Just make sure that you don't pull it topward you when you want to activate the signal.:eek:

Peter

I agree with others here...it does take getting used to...but it works as designed, I'm sure. For me, I'd like to see a little less effort required to signal a turn (not a lane change).

I must be in the minority. I like the blinker system a lot. I don't mind that it blinks only three times since that mode is really just for changing lanes. Speaking of high beams, I wish Ford would bring back the floor button you hit with your foot to turn on the high beams. I really enjoyed that driving the family Bronco in my teen years.

I despise the turn signals...it shouldn't take so much force to push the thing down. Ford engineers screwed up

It doesn't bother me, other than I turn them off when I've turned them on already.

LOL....seems like more and more people around where I live wouldn't be bothered by them at all, since they don't seem to use turn signals at all!

I agree 100%. The high beams should require more resistance to activate, and having said that, I would prefer less resistance activating the blinker...
I'm having the same issue. I took it to the dealer and there is nothing they can do about it...
...I also prefer to have it signal more than 3 times in the other mode.
There is nothing technically wrong with the turn signal. It is what it is, like it or not. Just make sure that you don't pull it topward you when you want to activate the signal...
I agree with others here...it does take getting used to...but it works as designed, I'm sure. For me, I'd like to see a little less effort required to signal a turn (not a lane change).
...Speaking of high beams, I wish Ford would bring back the floor button you hit with your foot to turn on the high beams. I really enjoyed that driving the family Bronco in my teen years.
I despise the turn signals...it shouldn't take so much force to push the thing down...
VinceL, usmcsdiwife, Peter, OzzieMike, boltsfan17, & phareous,

I suggest feeling how sensitive it is compared with another Explorer.

Also, I recommend “turning” these great suggestions into the “Your Ideas” section here :):

http://www.Social.Ford.com

Be sure to copy the link and share so others can comment and rate. :thumbsup:

Cory

I found this thread by searching because I wanted to see if I was the one one too. I always hit the high beams whenever I go for the full right turn signal.

I just know one of these days the guy in front of me is going to get out of the car.

Yeah, the blinker stalk still annoys me. Too much effort to activate blinker, should have more to activate high beams. If they had the tensions reversed, it would be perfect in my opinion. Overall, a small complaint, but sometimes the little things mean the most :)

I dispise the blinkers...half the time I just hold it instead of trying to click it. Sometimes I use two hands when I am stopped at the light. I hate it so much...easily the worst thing about the car.

I fixed my blinker stalk, it sold never happen again.

I sold my exp in a private sale yesterday

I too find the lever extra hard to push down to stay on. Too hard if you ask me. Never had a car that was this tough to push down. I have onset rheumatoid arthritis in my hands and it can actually be painful at times.

2nded.

I think I'd like to see less resistance for the 2nd "layer" of blinker rather than more resistance for the forward and back movements of the brights. The reason why the stick is accidentally going back and forth is because it takes some might to get that thing to the full blinker status.

My opinion about the way it works: I think it's great! I love the Euro features like this that the Explorer has. The only weirdness I've found is when doing a quick turn sequence, like a left at a light then an immediate right into a gas station. To use your blinker twice quickly for that, the 2nd attempt sometimes acts as a cancelation for the first turn signal. Therefore the 2nd turn, the right into the gas station, never happens. Minor, but still.

the chickening
2013 Explorer Sport - White Platinum

I think I'd like to see less resistance for the 2nd "layer" of blinker rather than more resistance for the forward and back movements of the brights. The reason why the stick is accidentally going back and forth is because it takes some might to get that thing to the full blinker status.

My opinion about the way it works: I think it's great! I love the Euro features like this that the Explorer has. The only weirdness I've found is when doing a quick turn sequence, like a left at a light then an immediate right into a gas station. To use your blinker twice quickly for that, the 2nd attempt sometimes acts as a cancelation for the first turn signal. Therefore the 2nd turn, the right into the gas station, never happens. Minor, but still.

the chickening
2013 Explorer Sport - White Platinum
As I've mentioned before, This is one item that I do not like on the Explorer. I can't tell you how many times I've accidently cancelled the signal. The problem is that the stalk always returns to the neutral position. I have no problem with it doing that when activating the 'lane change' feature, although 3 blinks is way too short. When actually signalling a turn, I would like to see the stalk remain in either the up or down position until the turn has been completed. I have had several occasions where the turn wasn't quite 90 degrees and the signal did not cancel itself.

Peter

I have had several occasions where the turn wasn't quite 90 degrees and the signal did not cancel itself.

Peter

If you're making a less than 90 degree turn, maybe just use the lane change feature?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're making a less than 90 degree turn, maybe just use the lane change feature?
Three blinks won't do for me in signalling turns, especially if I'm in traffic. I'd have to hit it 4 or 5 times.

Peter

Back