• Register Today It's free!

Mft upgrade

shoeman

Reaction score
City, State
toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 BORDEAUX LTD FWD
Hi All . I just read on the FLEX forum that some members have updated there 2013 with a new MFT UPGRADE. Any ideas as to we are getting one. Thx Shoe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Upgrading to what? New version?

Seems to be a new performance upgrade 3.2.2, also available on the Edge as well . Read erlier that it places the temp back on the main screen , and a few other things as well.

Seems to be a new performance upgrade 3.2.2, also available on the Edge as well . Read erlier that it places the temp back on the main screen , and a few other things as well.

It's already on SyncMyRide.com. Lots of us upgraded last week or so.

Thanks for that info re the update being available. Does it take as long to load into the Ex as it did the USB stick? Took 35 minutes with hi speed cable modem. I'm assuming this time the vehicle doesn't have to be running during the update?

Peter

Hi Peter. The upload on to my USB took about 20 minutes or so , I am already at appx half hour in loading onto MFT. I will let you know what up dates there are , other than the Temp back on to the main screen (that we know already). If there is anything that is obvious .

There is already a thread about this in the MFT/IVT forum.

Just finished up . The only other difference I see is that there is more stuff re navigation in the settings, othet than the temp.

Just enter Syncmyride upgrade and I see tells me that I have the 3.0.2 Gen2, someone could tell me if the new update is only for the MTF with navigation thanks

go to get upgrades .most up to date version is 3.2.2. not just for nav equipt cars .

Someone could give me the steps to find the new update 3.2.0 Thanks

Go to sync my ride , loggin or register your EX if you have not already done do , go to updates, it may prompt you first to go to status checker ,to check the version you now have , after you do this in your ex , it will tell you tat you have an available up date , load the up date to a USB stick , then in to your MFT . IT will take about 40 minutes to load.

Thanks Shoeman, but can not find the update, tells me that 3.0.2 is correct, I live in Nicaragua, perhaps Rebecca could help me, I have Syncmyride account and done other updates

Update successfully installed. Took about 40 minutes to load into MFT. Vehicle had to be running. Update to V3.2.2 has been reported and now shown on Syncmyride.
Thanks again George.:thumbsup:

Peter

Update successfully installed. Took about 40 minutes to load into MFT. Vehicle had to be running. Update to V3.2.2 has been reported and now shown on Syncmyride.
Thanks again George.:thumbsup:

Peter

Nice to hear, I will have to check it out. I would love to have the temp back on the screen again, that always bugged me when it disappeared. lol. Can you drive the car for 40 minutes or does it have to be at idle ?. Seems like quite a waste to idle for 40 mins.

Nice to hear, I will have to check it out. I would love to have the temp back on the screen again, that always bugged me when it disappeared. lol. Can you drive the car for 40 minutes or does it have to be at idle ?. Seems like quite a waste to idle for 40 mins.
I found out about having to run the engine after I initially started the upgrade with the engine off. A screen popped up advising that the engine had to be running. I think you can be driving it as well as long as you don't shut it off before the update is complete. I did it in the garage with the doors open.
Good luck. BTW, I had to restart the Ex to get the climate working again.

Peter

Argh, why the heck does it say that I have to take mine to the dealer to upgrade yet again. This is ticking me off. :(

Argh, why the heck does it say that I have to take mine to the dealer to upgrade yet again. This is ticking me off. :(
Not sure why. For the 3.0.2 upgrade I had to take it to the dealer but not for the latest upgrade V3.2.2. Just downloaded it from the site and into the Ex.
Anyone else getting the 'take it to the dealer' notice??

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure why. For the 3.0.2 upgrade I had to take it to the dealer but not for the latest upgrade V3.2.2. Just downloaded it from the site and into the Ex.
Anyone else getting the 'take it to the dealer' notice??

Peter

Yep, thats me too! Clueless again Ford. Tried live chat, he said to use a different browser to check, WTF. my sync account still shows only installations doney Ford in 2011. Not the current one done this year.

This is what it says.

Install the performance upgrade

Back

Is your vehicle equipped with SD card Navigation?

YES.

Owners with SD Card Navigation will receive the upgrade by mail.

NO.

You can install the upgrade right away, using your own USB drive. Or, contact us to receive the upgrade by mail.

Back