MFT Update | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update

Since everyone here thinks complaining about Ford has nothing to do with the topic, my 2011 X has been at the dealer since Wednesday for the upgrade. Will be picking up in the morning fully prepared for it to not be done correctly and working properly, as advertised in 2011 when I bought the vehicle... Just a preview: Since the vehicle was finished late this afternoon, and the syncmyride website still doesn't show the upgrade being done, I'm wondering what they actually did for the last two days?

So, I will bring the problems with the MFT here, and won't complain since they just get deleted... Kind of like what Ford does when someone complains about their product not working properly. They just hit "delete" and everything is better! And I would sell it and get something else, but I'm not wealthy and can't afford to take the $20k hit that a 20 month old vehicle with 13K miles on it would cost me. But lets not get started on the residual value of this thing... I'm guessing that would just get deleted too!

Get a lawyer, I can give you info for a great one in California if you need it.
What I found out is that complaining here won't get you anywhere and won't make you feel any better. Get a lawyer, get your problems resolved and move on. I'm giving this advice as someone who was in the same rut you are in. I'm happy now, you can be too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes. I agree. Get a lawyer and have your problem solved or not. If you have a good enough case you can win. If not then it's usually just griping on the owners part. If you document everything and give them chances to fix it 4 or 5 times and the problems not resolved then you have a case. If not.......

Things get deleted not because of the problem being brought to light, but because of the pissing matches that they generate which detract from the information available in the thread on the specific problem. No one is trying to hide any problems on this forum, or keep information from coming to light. I'd rather have the problems posted so that when a solution is found, everyone can benefit from it. We're just sick and tired of the pissing matches that develop.

Please also consider that this is an independent forum that is not connected to Ford, and we have no control over their policies or actions. As you know, there are Ford Customer representatives that have joined the forum, but they are not part of the ownership or management of the forum. Our actions on this forum can hopefully help and sway Ford in how they build vehicles and react to customer problems and complaints. The best way we can do that is with a well constructed list of issues that conveys the breadth of the problem to Ford, not a mishmash of vitriolic posts that make it difficult to see the issues and portray the owners as a bunch of jerks out to bash Ford.

Has Ford dropped the ball in many ways with the new Explorer? You bet they have. Are they working on solutions to the problems? I would hope so. Some of them it's obvious they are, others it's not so obvious if they are or are not. However, Ford is a large corporation, and like many large corporations, they have trouble admitting failure publicly and often will keep things quiet about a problem until they have a solution in place. Do I agree with this? Absolutely not, but I nor anyone who runs this forum have control over it and *****ing about it here won't change that.

I personally have had several issues with my '11 Explorer. Most have been resolved because my dealership is responsive and takes action. So far, here is the list of problems I've had (that I can remember off the top of my head):

• MFT Issues (fixed)
  • A-Pillar buzz (fixed)
  • Oil lines on windows (fixed)
  • Center stack cubby hole cover stuck (fixed)
  • Driver's mirror water filled (fixed)
  • Rear defrosted broken on one line (fixed)
  • USB port inoperative (fixed)
  • Premature seat cover failure (fixed)
  • Speaker cut out problems (fixed twice)
  • Cooling Fans (fixed)
  • Odor in cabin under acceleration (not fixed yet)

Do I come on here and scream bloody murder about how Ford sucks and no one should ever buy a Ford again? No, I report the problems through my dealership and report them up through Ford customer care, and I keep at it until I get what I want. I'm polite about it, but persistent and I get results. Am I upset that I had these problems. HELL YES!!, but I bought the vehicle and it was my choice to buy it so I can either live with it and deal with the problems, or get out from underneath of it and move on to something else. *****ing about it won't fix anything.

Many of the complaints I have seen on the board (outside of the actual technical problems) have been about dealership customer service. Many of you don't seem to realize, or you forget that the dealerships are independently owned and are licensed to sell Ford products. They are not subsidiaries of, owned by, or controlled by Ford. They are independent business's and can operate however they want. If they have poor customer service, it's not an issue with Ford, it's an issue with that dealership.

If we all work together and present the problems as succinctly and professionally as we can, we hopefully will get results and our problems will be fixed.

JDraper - If there were a "Thanks" button on here,you would have many a thanks.

Well, I picked up my vehicle this morning from the dealership, and the upgrade was not performed. That is one of the reasons it was there...

So, when I returned home and did my due diligence to make sure it had not been installed, I called the dealer back an gave the service advisor the opportunity to explain why it hadn't been done. Here was his response: "3.0.1 is the latest release..." I'm guessing the service tech looked at the order to do an upgrade, and sat in the vehicle and said "This is the latest upgrade.... This owner is an idiot". Sorry, but that was my attempt at a little humor since most here seem to need a slightly more positive tenor to the posts. :)

I stopped him right there, and flipped out... Seriously??? I know a certain amount of blame should fall of the dealer, but Ford obviously didn't communicate that an upgrade was available well enough if no one at the dealership knew about it??

This was trip 8 to the dealership for MFT issues, so I guess it will be 9 since they didn't do what they were supposed to and I'll have to go back.

Does anyone know the "ACTUAL" reason that certain owners can't install the MFT upgrades at home, still? I know many have said it has to do with a cooling issue and Ford being worried about over-heating. But if that recall was completed, what else would be holding up being able to download and install at home?

While I agree with most of the Moderators post, I think many Ex owners here have taken many of those suggested remedies without satisfaction.

I found that the higher up in Ford I communicated my issues to the less they knew about the product and its associated issues.

I eventually did use the arbitration process because your right, the best plan is to stop talking and actually do something to remedy the situation.

The frustrating part for many owners is that when they bought their Ex they didn't think they would need to hire a lawyer or go to arbitration in order to get the vehicle to work as advertised.

At least I didn't.

Just completed the update. Everything is working great! They added a couple of files compared to the last upgrade. They also beefed up some of the others. New files is more than likely to speed up things. Touch response is way better and the system seems faster. Voice response etc... but I might be imagining the speed up.. nice to have the temp on the main screen again.

Cheers

At least they are listening to comments and bringing back some stuff. Good for Ford. Yay Ford. You guys are the best.

Very excited that the temp display is back! I will run the update tomorrow!

Just completed the update. Everything is working great! They added a couple of files compared to the last upgrade. They also beefed up some of the others. New files is more than likely to speed up things. Touch response is way better and the system seems faster. Voice response etc... but I might be imagining the speed up.. nice to have the temp on the main screen again.

Cheers

I have been using mine for a week now and the touch and voice really seem to be more responsive - maybe it is just the fresh install but who knows.;)

Cheers

I updated yesterday driving to Costco with my wife. Started when I left my house and ~23mins later it was done. I had to repair our cell phones to bluetooth and reset Sirius Presets....but other than that...everything was fine.

I do notice a faster touch response...I'll ask my wife today as she is driving it to work.

The temp display on the screen is huge for me because when I am a passenger in the vehicle, I hate having to ask what the temp is outside.

Matt

What a pain, now I have to deal with the dealer again...

"Oh, a new update? We didn't get that in the mail yet..." I told him they can download it from the PTS website.. "Oh, I doubt it but you can bring it in..."

2012 Limited, syncmyride.com says I need to get it done by the dealer. I was fully updated before and reported the updates to syncmyride.com...

Chapman Ford in EHT, NJ

Looks like I have to go to the dealer for the update, as well.

Not sure why I have to keep going to the dealer to get these updates. I have not been able to do one myself, yet.

Update went fine, no issues...I think it is a bit more responsive too.

Definitely an improvement. I've had it for a couple of days now. Voice response has improved greatly. It is picking up all my commands. Haven't had a chance to see if they fixed the windnoise on the phone. We'll see. Apparently it was a software thing that needed to be fixed. I am very pleased with the update.

You won't be able to re-load the update without dealer assistance. SYNC will see that you already have v3.2.2 and it won't go any further.

Please send me your VIN, mileage, and dealer info in a private message so I can escalate your concern to our Customer Care Team.

Rebecca

I wantd to report back on this. I took car to dealership today to correct this. They said they had to do a "hard reset" and everything was back to working correctly. I'm not quite sure what is involved with a hard reset, but I didnt lose any of my settings and all Sirius Travel Links were working properly.

I was one of the people who posted a little bit of frustration over this MFT 3.2.2 update......... which unfortunately may or may not have started additional negative posts (some of which were deleted). So with that said, most importantly today, I want to report back on this forum about the Ford customer service I received.

Rebecca (Ford IVT team) asked me for my car information so she could escalate my concern to Customer Care Team. This past Friday the 21st I received a call from Ford Customer Care. The regional Customer Service Mgr., Crystal, left me a detailed message for me to call her back, which I did. Due to her 1/2 day schedule on that Friday she returned my call today. She was extremely helpful, explaining the problem at which time to I did tell her the dealership had called and had it all working. She went on to offer me a solution that I consider to be more than adequate for the inconvenience of not having Travel Link for 2 weeks. She also said that she will be calling me back one week from today to make sure all of my services were still working properly.

I'm very impressed with how Ford handled this! From Rebecca monitoring this forum helping us all out to doing what she said she would do by escalating this to Customer Care Team. Great job Rebecca, Crystal and the customer care team!!

From someone who manages a busines that relies heavily on having great customer service, not enough positive customer service experiences get talked about so I wanted to pass the above along.

As others have said, you can voice a bad experience on this forum without going overboard, but also take the concern to Ford and Customer Care to get it resolved.

Upgrade help

Hello to everyone, I´m new to this site, I´m from Chile, just received my new Explorer 2013 LTD. I was reading all your post with the help of Rebecca, thank you for all the goot tips and information. MY PROBLEM, I can´t log into syncmyride to get updates, since is only for US customers, so I can´t upgrade my sistem to the 3,2,2. I talk to my dealer here in Chile, and they didn´t know anything about upgrading, even they ask me " are you sure you can upgrade your sistem???", well for my surprise they are not very inform what they are selling here, Ford Chile?? Is there still a posibility for me to get help or upgrade?, can I access some how to syncmyride for updates??. Can someone send me the zip file to my email address to upgrade the sync?, or it goes one on one car only? Any help or comment will be appreciated, thank you, greetings from down here?

Rebecca, hi, is there a way to make this notice to Ford Company, we have so little support here?

Cris

also posted this in the general section:

If you have to go to the dealership for the upgrade take a look at the TSB and make sure you tell them you have some of the issues outlined in the TSB.

I went to get mine upgraded and they refused to do the update since it clearly states you need to have issues. After calling the Ford IVT team and them calling the dealer he finally gave in and performed the upgrade "under protest". I'm sure not all service writers are as **** as the one I had to deal with but you might want to be prepared...

Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rk590xvpn0txyx/TSB12-9-1.pdf

I notice in the screen shots of the 3.2.2 upgrade the outside temp shows, but the current street name is not under the compass. Did 3.2.2 remove it so that we could get outside temp?

I notice in the screen shots of the 3.2.2 upgrade the outside temp shows, but the current street name is not under the compass. Did 3.2.2 remove it so that we could get outside temp?

No, the street name is still there, just not all the time (like before, another bug I believe). Elsewhere, I just blotted it out on my pictures for privacy concerns.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, appreciate the info, I didn't want to trade one for the other.

Back