Tire Pressure / Sirius Questions

motionmanjim

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
2 Quick Questions:

1. Since we have TPM, how do you see the actual tire pressure? It doesn't show up on the Vehicle Health Report either. On my Acadia, this showed up on my OnStar report, and was available through the Drivers Information Center.

2. How can I get the right-hand dash display to automatically go to the Sirius screen at vehicle start without having to press the OK button? Since the MFT Home Screen only shows "Entertainment" at the bottom left, you can't see song title or artist without pressing a button. I guess for that matter, is there a way for the MFT display to remember last setting, and go to that at vehicle start? For example, if map screen was on at shut-down, go to that at start?

Thanks!

Jim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no way to see the actual tire pressure like you can in GM products. I wish it did because that is seriously handy. Maybe that can be updated later (not holding breath :))

I am not sure about the Sirius side of your question, as we don't listen to ours.

There is no way to see the actual tire pressure like in GM products. I wish it did because that is seriously handy. Maybe that can be updated later (not holding breath :))

I always though that was a pretty major oversight by Ford. The car computer knows the pressure of the tires, but they didn't build that into the display for the driver to see. My Dodge Journey was much cheaper than the Explorer, and I use the display to check the tire pressure every day. I miss that feature when I'm driving the Explorer. The other feature I use all the time in the Dodge and miss in the Ford is Auto Climate Control for the rear passengers.

Hey Rebecca, any chance we can get the tire pressures actually shown somewhere on the Systems Check screen? That would be seriously handy :)

Hey Rebecca, any chance we can get the tire pressures actually shown somewhere on the Systems Check screen? That would be seriously handy :)
I heard they are working on this. It's supposed to come out some time after AppLink. ;)

I heard they are working on this. It's supposed to come out some time after AppLink. ;)

Okay...that's enough out of you wisenheimer! :D

There is no way to see the actual tire pressure like in GM products. I wish it did because that is seriously handy. Maybe that can be updated later (not holding breath :))

I am not sure about the Sirius side of your question, as we don't listen to ours.

My dad's 2010 Vette allows you to view the Tire Pressure of all the tires.
Mind you it is in KPa (metric FTW!!)

My dad's 2010 Vette allows you to view the Tire Pressure of all the tires.
Mind you it is in KPa (metric FTW!!)

Hehe, I can see where my post was not as clear as it could be (fixed that). What I was trying to say, is that it would be nice to be able to see tire pressures in Ford vehicles like you can in GM vehicles. Better?? :D

Hehe, I can see where my post was not as clear as it could be (fixed that). What I was trying to say, is that it would be nice to be able to see tire pressures in Ford vehicles like you can in GM vehicles. Better?? :D

I read that at work..quickly...whilst on the phone.

Much better. Thank you :thumbsup:

I have submitted your suggestion, VinceL; this is a good one for FordSocial:

www.Social.Ford.com - YourIdeas :)

Rebecca

Rebecca

Why does this have to go on Social.Ford.com? It seems like a rather simple, but useful request. Heck, I can't even find the idea on Social, the categorization is bad and doesn't seem like there is any moderator to control things.

My 2006 Murano displays the tire pressures on the MFD in the center stack. You would think in 6 years of improvement, not only would it display the pressures but also tell you which corner each tire was on.

Yeah, I pretty much don't bother with Social anymore. The idea is nice, but there are so many ideas coming in so fast that any one suggestion good or bad is lost almost instantly. And since there are so many just stupid things suggested there that it is not worth it to me to dig. Still, I'll give Ford props for trying, but Social was destined to be broken.

Rebecca, thanks for passing my suggestion along :)

+1:thumbsup:

Why does this have to go on Social.Ford.com? It seems like a rather simple, but useful request. Heck, I can't even find the idea on Social, the categorization is bad and doesn't seem like there is any moderator to control things.

My 2006 Murano displays the tire pressures on the MFD in the center stack. You would think in 6 years of improvement, not only would it display the pressures but also tell you which corner each tire was on.

I was simply letting Vince know this would be a good suggestion to post on FordSocial should he choose to. I, unfortunately, have no control over what is on the report, and can only send the suggestions up the chain. I'm too much of a softy and would spoil you all with whatever you wanted, so they won't put me in charge. ;)

Yeah, I pretty much don't bother with Social anymore. The idea is nice, but there are so many ideas coming in so fast that any one suggestion good or bad is lost almost instantly. And since there are so many just stupid things suggested there that it is not worth it to me to dig. Still, I'll give Ford props for trying, but Social was destined to be broken.

Rebecca, thanks for passing my suggestion along :)

You're welcome, Vince!

Rebecca

Rebecca

I guess I don't care who gets credit for this idea, as long as it gets passed along.

Any comment about having to hit a bunch of buttons to return to the navigation screen or see what is playing on Sirius, HD Radio, or iPod?

I guess I don't care who gets credit for this idea, as long as it gets passed along.

Any comment about having to hit a bunch of buttons to return to the navigation screen or see what is playing on Sirius, HD Radio, or iPod?

I have that same complaint with the Sirius. Turn off the car, get back in and you have to go through a whole screen menu again to get to the artist/etc on Sirius? Why doesn't it remember your last preferences in that?

Back