A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Our 2013 Explorer, purchased only a couple of weeks ago, hasn't experienced anything "drastic" with the MFT, which I really like.

I've noticed the following "sluggishness" with it, though:

1. Navigation can be VERY slow to calculate a route after entering a street address at times. (Other times it seems just fine).
2. This could be a fluke, but we went to Dallas for the weekend and, on the way back, navigation had us get off to go west on a state highway in Oklahoma. We got gas at the exit, continued heading the way navigation told us to go, then watched in amazement as the navigation told us to do a legal U-turn, and led us back to the highway we were on originally (which was the correct route, by the way).
3. My iPhone 4s works fine with the MFT, but I've noticed that, if I step out of the car when it's running and move out of Bluetooth range, that it (most of the time) has trouble connecting back up to the iPhone when I get back into the car.

Otherwise, I love the system.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I was going to nashville airport when it froze on me we were trying out the voice command, and this was on the second day of ownership, after a few voice commands I noticed the nav wasn't moving anymore, tried pushing buttons, nothing, steering wheel controls wouldn't work. I pulled into a rest stop and turned it off, after about 5 minutes cranked it and screen said performing system maintnence, then it started working again, I haven't used voice control since, but my wife has and said it still freezes when using voice command, I gotta take it to the dealership for that and my windshield washer fluid disappears and I've never even used it.

Ok, so v3.0.2 is the most current, correct? The reason I'm asking is that my SyncMyRide account suddenly came up with "The Performance Upgrade is Now Available" but it's showing me with 3.0.2 so either it's confused or there is a new one? :feedback:

Ok, so v3.0.2 is the most current, correct? The reason I'm asking is that my SyncMyRide account suddenly came up with "The Performance Upgrade is Now Available" but it's showing me with 3.0.2 so either it's confused or there is a new one? :feedback:
The latest just released version is V3.2.2.
The V3.0.2 is likely what you have now. The site shows the current installed version only. Once you have installed the update then you have to download the status checker and report the update. Only then will it show with the new version. I believe that running a Vehicle Health Report may also do that.

Peter

Does this new version 3.2.2 has the main screen quadrant included also????

I have good news and bad news. There is an update to Sync. SyncMyRide tells me I am eligible and can download the update. When I click on download the screen freezes and there is no download. I tried twice and SyncMyRide tells me that I have successfully download the update 2 times. What a bummer!

I have good news and bad news. There is an update to Sync. SyncMyRide tells me I am eligible and can download the update. When I click on download the screen freezes and there is no download. I tried twice and SyncMyRide tells me that I have successfully download the update 2 times. What a bummer!

Which browser are you downloading it from? Using your VIN and IE8, I was able to download the files to a USB flash drive.

I'm sorry, wcharon, I don't understand your question.

Hi, Bishop!

Like Peter said (Thanks, Peter) v3.2.2 is the most current software. Certain vehicles have unique update requirements, based on specific hardware or software components, which our dealerships are best qualified to provide. Your vehicle has been assessed to belong in this category.

Rebecca

As far as I can see, it is the same as V3.0.2 except that the outside temp display is back next to the time display. I haven't played around with it at all but haven't noticed any other difference so far. It has the same 4 quadrants.

Peter

Rebecca. thanks. It must have been the browser. I was using Chrome. When I switched to IE it worked fine. Like Peter, the only difference that I can see is the return of the temp next to the time display. Are there any other improvements?

Rebecca. thanks. It must have been the browser. I was using Chrome. When I switched to IE it worked fine. Like Peter, the only difference that I can see is the return of the temp next to the time display. Are there any other improvements?

Glad it worked for you! :D The main focus is the Outside Air Temp; it has a few "behind the scenes" enhancements though.

Rebecca

I called the Sync support and after letting them log in as my account they confirmed that my account is hosed (both my explorer and the wifes Fusion Hybrid aren't allowing us to download anything Sync related).

They are to call me back in a week and said they'll fix it so that I can download it from the site. FML.

Any experience with 3.2.2 yet?
The only thing I see is that the outside temp is back on the MFT screen next to the time, where it used to be. Other than that, I haven't noticed anything different. For the limited time I have used them, voice and touch responses seem to be the same as before (good).

Peter

Hello together

I brand new in this forum and a really Ford Explorer enthusiast. In the moment I got the Explorer 2012 limited 2 liter 4zyl. A great car!
I'm living in Switzerland and our Ford Dealer are not able to upgrade the MFT. Because the Explorer will not be offical sell by Ford Switzerland.
Is it possible that somebody of you got a idea how I can get the update for the MFT system?
It would be great!

Thanks and best regards
Philipp

Sh*T Here we go again

:thumbdwn:I knew I should have stayed away from the MFT upgrade but... After loading it up a couple of days ago today I got my first big issue with MFT since 3.0 was loaded by the dealer. Rear view camera was stuck on a single image and even with the engine off I couldn't get the MFT screen of the rear view camera still image or radio to shut down. Thanks FORD! Seems like you've released another winner.

I called the Sync support and after letting them log in as my account they confirmed that my account is hosed (both my explorer and the wifes Fusion Hybrid aren't allowing us to download anything Sync related).

They are to call me back in a week and said they'll fix it so that I can download it from the site. FML.

Hey, Bishop!

I sent you a private message yesterday. Did you receive it?

Hello together

I brand new in this forum and a really Ford Explorer enthusiast. In the moment I got the Explorer 2012 limited 2 liter 4zyl. A great car!
I'm living in Switzerland and our Ford Dealer are not able to upgrade the MFT. Because the Explorer will not be offical sell by Ford Switzerland.
Is it possible that somebody of you got a idea how I can get the update for the MFT system?
It would be great!

Thanks and best regards
Philipp

Hi, Philipp!

Please contact your local Customer Relationship Center at +41 (0) 43 233 21 21. They'll be able to assist you the best.

:thumbdwn:I knew I should have stayed away from the MFT upgrade but... After loading it up a couple of days ago today I got my first big issue with MFT since 3.0 was loaded by the dealer. Rear view camera was stuck on a single image and even with the engine off I couldn't get the MFT screen of the rear view camera still image or radio to shut down. Thanks FORD! Seems like you've released another winner.

Did you get your system working again, strike? If not, try a Master Reset (if your screen isn't totally frozen):

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Rebecca

Upgraded to 3.2.2 in my 2013 XLT MFT this morning... So far so good...
How do I turn on Bluetooth MAP for iOS 6 and my iPhone 4 tho?

holy cow the syncmyride site is barely working! is it normally sluggish?

got it to download! how often do updates typically come out? annually?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

got it to download! how often do updates typically come out? annually?

They just seem to come out when they come out. No set schedule :) A while back, a 4th quarter update was mentioned, but nary a reference has been made of it beyond when it was rumored that there would be 3rd and 4th quarter updates. The 3rd quarter one happened v3.2.2 - so now we will wait and see if the 4th qtr one materializes.

Back