Running Boards - DeeZee and Others | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wow that's disappointing, how much did you pay for them? I'm glad to say that my Aerial Nerf Bars have been holding up really well, they even withstood my 300lbs mother in law without any problems lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow that's disappointing, how much did you pay for them? I'm glad to say that my Aerial Nerf Bars have been holding up really well, they even withstood my 300lbs mother in law without any problems lol.

I hope your wife doesn't read this forum. :D

Hi Razziel, have you called DeeZEE to let them know what happened? Im sure they will do something to fix this problem. Just a thought.

I havent, since im in Ecuador, itll be hard for them to do anything to fix this.

Im having some sturdier tabs made down here, I hope those will hold better.

Hi Razziel, have you called DeeZEE to let them know what happened? Im sure they will do something to fix this problem. Just a thought.

x2, this is always a good starting point. Also, anytime you bolt on something, always a good idea to circle back after a few days and re-tighten/check the bolts. Bummer to hear about your experience...

x2, this is always a good starting point. Also, anytime you bolt on something, always a good idea to circle back after a few days and re-tighten/check the bolts. Bummer to hear about your experience...

Hi, thanks for the advice, but as I stated before, im not in the US, so itll be hard for them to do anything.

I had some stronger tabs hand made down here.... I really hope those will do the job better that the ones provided by dee zee.

Check this pics.... youll see the difference between the tabs provided by dee zee, and the hand made ones.

fef676207278611.jpg
803bcc207278623.jpg
01f677207278635.jpg

Anyone know if the Dee Zee running boards for the 2012 fit on the 2013?

Yes, they fit just fine. Ordered from AutoAnything.com for 2012 Explorer and had no problems installing them on my 2013.

yj9Al.jpg

RWTL1.jpg

They look great, nice work!

As a newly supporting vendor on here, this was a tough thread to read but brings up some points I would like to share (and this goes for any products you order from us). We are committed to giving great service before AND after the sale.

First, feedback from threads like this is important so I can share with the manufacturer for a fast resolution. Thank you for all your comments.

Yes, we do drop ship straight from the manufacturer which keeps prices and shipping costs down. If something suddenly is not on our site, it usually means we are out of stock. Once in stock, it will be back on the site.

We can ship to Canada, but please call or chat and my guys will get you a shipping quote. The good news is that we are working on a better option ;)

As a supporting vendor, we offer 15% off order over $150 for forum members, just click my banner below, add items to cart and the discount will be applied to all applicable items at checkout!! The code is FRMEXP15.

Wow, those pictures are ginormous!!!

Didn't intend for them to be that big, but at least they provide a good view. FWIW, both pics shot on my iPhone 4.

That they do :)

They look good. We have been pleased with ours. I like the color on your Ex, looking sharp with the polished wheels :thumbsup:

They look great, nice work!

As a newly supporting vendor on here, this was a tough thread to read but brings up some points I would like to share (and this goes for any products you order from us). We are committed to giving great service before AND after the sale.

First, feedback from threads like this is important so I can share with the manufacturer for a fast resolution. Thank you for all your comments.

Yes, we do drop ship straight from the manufacturer which keeps prices and shipping costs down. If something suddenly is not on our site, it usually means we are out of stock. Once in stock, it will be back on the site.

We can ship to Canada, but please call or chat and my guys will get you a shipping quote. The good news is that we are working on a better option ;)

As a supporting vendor, we offer 15% off order over $150 for forum members, just click my banner below, add items to cart and the discount will be applied to all applicable items at checkout!! The code is FRMEXP15.

Awesome deal. I jumped on it and ordered the DeeZees this week. Hopefully they will arrive undamaged!

I just bought these ATS Design running boards from autoelegance.com and paid $375 with the brackets. It took about an hour to install both sides. Really easy and they look great!

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,368
  • IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,374
  • IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,373
  • IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,365

looks good, yes.
I had mine finally replaced with DeeZee running boards black/ crome in may.
Till today they are okay, maybe because of the increases ground clearence. And they ware easy to install to less heavy to carry home ;)

Exp02.jpg

Well, good news I got the boards in under a week. Bad news is there packing still sux! Box was tore at the end because the ends of the boards poked through and there was no padding at the end. One is slightly bent at the end and both have missing paint. I think DeeZee needs to increase the length of their boxes and add some additional padding. I have pictures loaded on my computer at work, but not sure how to post them. I don't have the "url"

Jeff

Hi Jeff, sorry to hear. Can you please PM your order# so I can follow up with DeeZee about their packaging.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back