Mft upgrade | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mft upgrade

Hi everyone!

For those of you receiving the "Visit your dealer" message on SYNCMyRide, you'll need to do so in order to have FSA 12B36 performed on your vehicle. Once this has been completed, the update will be available for download within 10 - 15 business days.

Rebecca

WHat would FSA 12B36 be///// I'll check it on the internet

Here it is

On your vehicle, contamination can build up on the internal electrical contacts of the engine cooling fan motors, causing the fans to be inoperative. Inoperative engine cooling fans could lead to high engine temp gauge readings and reduced air conditioning performance. Continued operation of the vehicle could result in illumination of the Malfunction Indicator Light and eventually cause the engine to automatically enter derate (reduced power) mode.

FMC has authorized your dealer to inspect the operation of the engine
cooling fans on your vehicle and replace them if necessary. In addition, your dealer will reprogram your vehicle's powertrain control modlue (PCM) to prevent contamination from accumulating in the future.

This service will be performed free of charge (parts and labor) under the terms of this program.

Effective till May 1, 2013 regardless of mileage. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.

Time needed for this repair is less than 1/2 day. However, due to service scheduling requirements your dealer may need your vehicle for a loner period of time.

Please call your dealer without delay and request a service date for Customer Satisfaction Program 12B36.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WHat would FSA 12B36 be///// I'll check it on the internet

Here it is

On your vehicle, contamination can build up on the internal electrical contacts of the engine cooling fan motors, causing the fans to be inoperative. Inoperative engine cooling fans could lead to high engine temp gauge readings and reduced air conditioning performance. Continued operation of the vehicle could result in illumination of the Malfunction Indicator Light and eventually cause the engine to automatically enter derate (reduced power) mode.

FMC has authorized your dealer to inspect the operation of the engine
cooling fans on your vehicle and replace them if necessary. In addition, your dealer will reprogram your vehicle's powertrain control modlue (PCM) to prevent contamination from accumulating in the future.

This service will be performed free of charge (parts and labor) under the terms of this program.

Effective till May 1, 2013 regardless of mileage. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.

Time needed for this repair is less than 1/2 day. However, due to service scheduling requirements your dealer may need your vehicle for a loner period of time.

Please call your dealer without delay and request a service date for Customer Satisfaction Program 12B36.
You can also check out the following thread.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352792&highlight=12B36

Peter

syncmyride changed

I use a MacBook Pro

I was advised to download Google Chrome and use that browser to access SMR.

That worked fine.

I was told this as well by a rep from sync support. Funny (annoying?) thing is I was able to download the last update, V3.02, no problem using Firefox on the same Mac. She had no answer for what/why they changed. I will get Chrome and do it this weekend.

Does anyone know the exact size of this download? I am on Hughesnet satellite internet with a 500mb limit and Fap before it can download. I have been trying for almost a week now with no success.

Ok but I already had FSA 12B36 done a long time ago with the 3.0.2 update. Well more than 15 - 30 days ago. However, despite this I still couldn't get the 3.2.2 update I had to pull it off the internet.

Rebecca can you please try to find a way to get this corrected for people in the same boat as me on SMR? Please, pretty please? I know well have to keep resorting to finding it on the internet if SMR never got the memo that we already had that done.

Does anyone know the exact size of this download? I am on Hughesnet satellite internet with a 500mb limit and Fap before it can download. I have been trying for almost a week now with no success.
I show it as being 750MB. It took me about 35 minutes to download using a cable modem and 40 minutes to load into the MFT.

Peter

I show it as being 750MB. It took me about 35 minutes to download using a cable modem and 40 minutes to load into the MFT.

Peter

The SMR website must be hosted on a dial up connection. Took me over an hour to download it(on the 3rd attempt since the first 2 failed) while connected to a 30mbps cable modem.

Peter

Thanks Peter. That answers why I can not download it. The wife will just have to wait to get the outside temp back.:(

The SMR website must be hosted on a dial up connection. Took me over an hour to download it(on the 3rd attempt since the first 2 failed) while connected to a 30mbps cable modem.

Must be whatever node it was routed through or the site was overloaded. Took me about 15 minutes to download it on a cable modem when I did it.

Must be whatever node it was routed through or the site was overloaded. Took me about 15 minutes to download it on a cable modem when I did it.

I can't stand slow internet anymore, it really frustrates me. I downloaded a 800mb file the other day over the cell network in 6 minutes, that was really nice.

For those that may not have noticed, the PDF of TSB that Dutchman71 provided, shows a copy of link to get download from. I was able to type this address in and get update downloaded. Those of you that smr indicates go to dealer, you may want to try this link.

http://www.syncmyride.com/syncmedia/swparts/Gen2v322build12156updatepackage.exe
You can likely do this but there is a reason you have to take it to the dealer. If you have not had the 12B36 reprogram done, you could have issues with overheating since the vehicle has to be running when the update is being done. Mine took 40 minutes to complete.

Peter

Peter

OK I finally got it downloaded at 4 a.m. this morning. I am showing 751MB and it took me 50 mins to download. I hate satellite internet but no other high speed option currently here for me.
Going to get new phones today(Iphone 5 and Nokia Lumia 900) and will do the update later today and then let everyone know how it goes.:)

TheTigs Thanks for posting the update link, download it to USB in one hour, and settled in exploring in 45 minutes with no problems, everything went well

There is already a thread about this in the MFT/IVT forum.

How do you get to that section? I guess I always just go to the same section of the page...

How do you get to that section? I guess I always just go to the same section of the page...

All you need to do is click on the "2011 - 2013 Ford Explorer" link towards the top of the page. It is above the annoying little google plus icon and below the "Serious Explorations" title and search things. That link will take you to the 4 main sub-forums for our generation Explorer :)

Thanks! I was always just clicking on the 2013 Explorer at the top. :cool:

Thanks! I was always just clicking on the 2013 Explorer at the top. :cool:
We do tend to get set in our ways, don't we.
That is why it is good to get out there and Explore. ;)

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back