MFT Update | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update

I wantd to report back on this. I took car to dealership today to correct this. They said they had to do a "hard reset" and everything was back to working correctly. I'm not quite sure what is involved with a hard reset, but I didnt lose any of my settings and all Sirius Travel Links were working properly.

I was one of the people who posted a little bit of frustration over this MFT 3.2.2 update......... which unfortunately may or may not have started additional negative posts (some of which were deleted). So with that said, most importantly today, I want to report back on this forum about the Ford customer service I received.

Rebecca (Ford IVT team) asked me for my car information so she could escalate my concern to Customer Care Team. This past Friday the 21st I received a call from Ford Customer Care. The regional Customer Service Mgr., Crystal, left me a detailed message for me to call her back, which I did. Due to her 1/2 day schedule on that Friday she returned my call today. She was extremely helpful, explaining the problem at which time to I did tell her the dealership had called and had it all working. She went on to offer me a solution that I consider to be more than adequate for the inconvenience of not having Travel Link for 2 weeks. She also said that she will be calling me back one week from today to make sure all of my services were still working properly.

I'm very impressed with how Ford handled this! From Rebecca monitoring this forum helping us all out to doing what she said she would do by escalating this to Customer Care Team. Great job Rebecca, Crystal and the customer care team!!

From someone who manages a busines that relies heavily on having great customer service, not enough positive customer service experiences get talked about so I wanted to pass the above along.

As others have said, you can voice a bad experience on this forum without going overboard, but also take the concern to Ford and Customer Care to get it resolved.

:thumbsup: I'm glad everything worked out for you! :) Thanks for posting your positive experience.

Hello to everyone, I´m new to this site, I´m from Chile, just received my new Explorer 2013 LTD. I was reading all your post with the help of Rebecca, thank you for all the goot tips and information. MY PROBLEM, I can´t log into syncmyride to get updates, since is only for US customers, so I can´t upgrade my sistem to the 3,2,2. I talk to my dealer here in Chile, and they didn´t know anything about upgrading, even they ask me " are you sure you can upgrade your sistem???", well for my surprise they are not very inform what they are selling here, Ford Chile?? Is there still a posibility for me to get help or upgrade?, can I access some how to syncmyride for updates??. Can someone send me the zip file to my email address to upgrade the sync?, or it goes one on one car only? Any help or comment will be appreciated, thank you, greetings from down here?

Rebecca, hi, is there a way to make this notice to Ford Company, we have so little support here?

Cris

Hi, Cris!

Please contact your local Customer Relationship Center:

+56-2-940-5800

They'll be able to point you in the right direction! :)

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you Rebecca, will do, is there a chance to send me an update via email??

After i went to the dealer for a dealer upgrade update (i cant update on smr only dealer update). My navigation all of a sudden went wrong. whenever I Input an address, the map is off route in between establishments when im already driving doesn't go to the road it should follow. Im totally upset, sad, and bad mood. Im thinking why does ford didn't learn their lesson from the 1st time they launched mft they are still sending updates which are half baked. Arent they ashamed of their customers who are paying thousands of dollars buying these new explorer with lot of mft flaws. Does ford tech employees especially the ones making the mft update has common sense or has wide logic in mind, because im thinking if you have common sense and good logic you will not send an update which is half baked or not 100% usable.

I hope ford understand my sentiment. Because i didn't got this suv for free. I hope also Ford will not venture to airline business ( I heard their CEO is from boeing) because alot of ford airplanes will crash due to faulty NAVIGATION that they cannot make correct/perfect the 1st day of use. To ford no offense peace.

Update installed with no problems. As others have stated, the system is faster and more responsive for sure, however, it could be to a clean install. Will have to re-***** after a couple of months.

Thanks for putting the temp back! Just in time for winter! Now I can check to see if the roads are getting close to freezing!

Sync web site said I had to take my 2011 Limited in to the dealer for the update (even though I've done 2 before myself via USB but whatever.) Just got a call from the dealer after they have had it for 2 days telling me that I already had the latest version. I tried to explain to them that this was not true but got "sorry, we only know what Ford tells us and sometimes we are the last to know."

GRRR!

Sync web site said I had to take my 2011 Limited in to the dealer for the update (even though I've done 2 before myself via USB but whatever.) Just got a call from the dealer after they have had it for 2 days telling me that I already had the latest version. I tried to explain to them that this was not true but got "sorry, we only know what Ford tells us and sometimes we are the last to know."

GRRR!

I got this message initially from the SMR web site too.
I gave Rebecca my VIN and a couple of days later I was able to download and install. Don't know what she did but you should PM her your Vin#.

Update installed with no problems. As others have stated, the system is faster and more responsive for sure, however, it could be to a clean install. Will have to re-***** after a couple of months.

Thanks for putting the temp back! Just in time for winter! Now I can check to see if the roads are getting close to freezing!

I am headed to the dealer next Tuesday for my upgrade. I hope I have the same experiences with 3.2.2 as drober30. I am sick and tired of the constant lack of responsiveness of the system currently.

A week in and no problems at all for me. Still working great. I am super impressed with the voice recognition. One thing though is I can no longer to the text message with my phone. Not a big deal as I don't use that very often any way. Might be a bummer for some others though.

Has anyone else had issues downloading thier phonebooks after the update? Ive tried everything, auto d/l, manual d/l, deleted phone, added phone, called sync, no luck. I am using a Nokia Lumia 900 with WINDOWS PHONE and the contacts will not download. It worked flawlessly before the update.

Ford was clueless and actually disconnected with me after 16 minutes.

Very frustrating. Other vehicles are starting to look better and better everyday.

I am so frustrated with my dealer. Made an appointment for MFT v3.2.2 to be installed hoping it will fix anything with my MFT. Before the big Gen2 update it worked great...and have had nothing but problems since the big update.

Printed out my form from 'syncmyride' that says I am eligible for an update. Then I get the car back and 'it is already updated' they said. I explain there was a new version that came out 3 weeks ago...it is version v3.2.2. Spelled everything out for them and they just tell me 'it's already updated' repeatedly.

I live in Maine...and Ford dealers are few and not very close...so another dealership is not really an option. What can I do to be able to get the update??

Thanks

Thank you Rebecca, will do, is there a chance to send me an update via email??

You're very welcome! Unfortunately, I cannot send it to you. :(

GRRR!

Did you receive my response to your private message about this?

Has anyone else had issues downloading thier phonebooks after the update? Ive tried everything, auto d/l, manual d/l, deleted phone, added phone, called sync, no luck. I am using a Nokia Lumia 900 with WINDOWS PHONE and the contacts will not download. It worked flawlessly before the update.

Ford was clueless and actually disconnected with me after 16 minutes.

Very frustrating. Other vehicles are starting to look better and better everyday.

Try this, nick75035:

Press the Phone quadrant > PHONE > SETTINGS > Press the DOWN ARROW once > MANAGE PHONEBOOK > ADD CONTACTS FROM PHONE > ADD

From your phone, you'll have to go into your phone book, select a contact, bring up the phone menu, select SHARE, and it should give you an option to send via Bluetooth.

I am so frustrated with my dealer. Made an appointment for MFT v3.2.2 to be installed hoping it will fix anything with my MFT. Before the big Gen2 update it worked great...and have had nothing but problems since the big update.

Printed out my form from 'syncmyride' that says I am eligible for an update. Then I get the car back and 'it is already updated' they said. I explain there was a new version that came out 3 weeks ago...it is version v3.2.2. Spelled everything out for them and they just tell me 'it's already updated' repeatedly.

I live in Maine...and Ford dealers are few and not very close...so another dealership is not really an option. What can I do to be able to get the update??

Thanks

Do you know if you've had the Cooling Fan Strategy performed on your vehicle? If not, your dealer will need to do that, then within 10 - 15 business days you'll be able to download it from SYNCMyRide.com.

Rebecca

Try this, nick75035:

Press the Phone quadrant > PHONE > SETTINGS > Press the DOWN ARROW once > MANAGE PHONEBOOK > ADD CONTACTS FROM PHONE > ADD

From your phone, you'll have to go into your phone book, select a contact, bring up the phone menu, select SHARE, and it should give you an option to send via Bluetooth.

Thanks for the suggestion but you cannot send a contact thru bluetooth on Windows Phone. The phone book downloaded just fine before the update.

OK, I finally figured it out. I had to go in and delete the SYNC pairing from the bluetooth menu on the phone. Then when I re-paired the phone to MFT the phone gave me the option to share the contacts and download the phone book to the MFT.

Very frustrating but in the end a simple fix.

Keep this in mind when re-pairing the same phone to a new version of the MFT.

Do you know if you've had the Cooling Fan Strategy performed on your vehicle? If not, your dealer will need to do that, then within 10 - 15 business days you'll be able to download it from SYNCMyRide.com.

Rebecca

Have not heard anything about a 'Cooling Fan Strategy'. I don't think it was done. How does this effect updating MFT?

Thanks,

Steve

I downloaded the 3.2.2 update today in my Ex and it came up 3X with an error that some files didn't install correctly because they were corrupted.

I tried a new USB and still no luck, system froze at loading File 2 of 9

Then I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and MFT still hung at the same window "Loading file 2 of 9"

Called SMR Support and they were stumped as well.

Then I tried to reload the Ford USB with the Performance Update, it took 3 of the first files then came up with a message "You have already updated your system please remove the USB"

I took the Ford USB with the Performance Upgrade on it, erased the programs, cleaned the drive and reloaded the 3.2.2 update.

Finally, that worked and the system is working fine.............whew!

Can't get my messaging to work with my phone and MFT anymore. It stopped working. I can't find the MAP thing everyone is talking about. It used to work with my phone until I did the update. Now it's gone. Oh well......

I wantd to report back on this. I took car to dealership today to correct this. They said they had to do a "hard reset" and everything was back to working correctly. I'm not quite sure what is involved with a hard reset, but I didnt lose any of my settings and all Sirius Travel Links were working properly.

I was one of the people who posted a little bit of frustration over this MFT 3.2.2 update......... which unfortunately may or may not have started additional negative posts (some of which were deleted). So with that said, most importantly today, I want to report back on this forum about the Ford customer service I received.

Rebecca (Ford IVT team) asked me for my car information so she could escalate my concern to Customer Care Team. This past Friday the 21st I received a call from Ford Customer Care. The regional Customer Service Mgr., Crystal, left me a detailed message for me to call her back, which I did. Due to her 1/2 day schedule on that Friday she returned my call today. She was extremely helpful, explaining the problem at which time to I did tell her the dealership had called and had it all working. She went on to offer me a solution that I consider to be more than adequate for the inconvenience of not having Travel Link for 2 weeks. She also said that she will be calling me back one week from today to make sure all of my services were still working properly.

I'm very impressed with how Ford handled this! From Rebecca monitoring this forum helping us all out to doing what she said she would do by escalating this to Customer Care Team. Great job Rebecca, Crystal and the customer care team!!

From someone who manages a busines that relies heavily on having great customer service, not enough positive customer service experiences get talked about so I wanted to pass the above along.

As others have said, you can voice a bad experience on this forum without going overboard, but also take the concern to Ford and Customer Care to get it resolved.

Well maybe I spoke too soon. I started to have all of the buttons on touch screen turn red on me so I had to run the reboot app. After that no Sirius Travle Link services again.

Rebecca, please pass this along to the Customer Care Team. Crystal is supose to call me Monday to see if everything is working correctly, I'll make sure to tell her.

Have not heard anything about a 'Cooling Fan Strategy'. I don't think it was done. How does this effect updating MFT?

Thanks,

Steve

The Cooling Fan Strategy is a Customer Satisfaction Program to ensure your vehicle doesn't overheat during long periods of idling. Since we recommend you idle during the update, it needs to be completed before we make updates available via download.

Can't get my messaging to work with my phone and MFT anymore. It stopped working. I can't find the MAP thing everyone is talking about. It used to work with my phone until I did the update. Now it's gone. Oh well......

Which phone do you have?

Well maybe I spoke too soon. I started to have all of the buttons on touch screen turn red on me so I had to run the reboot app. After that no Sirius Travle Link services again.

Rebecca, please pass this along to the Customer Care Team. Crystal is supose to call me Monday to see if everything is working correctly, I'll make sure to tell her.

I checked the notes in your ticket, and it looks like you already talked to Krystal today. Let's see how tomorrow goes and take it from there.

Rebecca

Question for you guys and gals:

Have any of you noticed that after you press the voice command button and then give you command, Samantha is taking a REALLY long time to reply/acknowledge? It's weird. It's long enough that you think that it didn't work, but if you are a patient soul (I am so far, but even I have my limits... any word on the 4th quarter update yet? ;)), she does finally come around.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have any of you noticed that after you press the voice command button and then give you command, Samantha is taking a REALLY long time to reply/acknowledge? ........

Thanks

She might still be exhausted from that road trip you took her on! ;)

Back