My EX is 6months old...a quick update... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My EX is 6months old...a quick update...

FordMomof3

Reaction score
City, State
S.E. Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT (!!!!)
So - aside from my little nightmare the month after I got it (stupid blind spots), things have gone very smoothly with the Green Gem (daughter still calls it "Sebastian").

I've had minimal trouble with MFT, good gas mileage, awesome mountain trip (North Carolina area - my mom lives down there) - no issues with the trans or brakes.

HOWEVER - this past week when I went to fill 'er up, the pump kept shutting off. Like it would go a sec and then *clunk* - done. I messed with it, only put in about 5 gallons because I was tired of it. Husband tried the next day or two and it did the same thing.

Saturday morning - I got the message "Check Fuel Fill Inlet" yellow error on the left cluster screen. ARGH!

So - it's sitting at the Dealership hopefully for 3 things: Oil change (I've been bad - but so busy), The gas inlet error and my MFT update to 3.2.2.

I will say though, that when I have running around to do (which is often), I prefer my X to my husband's 08 Fusion. That thing feels like my butt is dragging on the ground!! I like to be up higher than that.

So - my 6mo review - I'd do it again but I'd still fix the 3rd row headrests and make the windows taller. Even the new Expedition has huge windows like the mini-vans do. Why not the X? Anyways - whatever, it is what it is and I'd not trade it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to hear things are going well :)

The check fuel inlet warning is interesting (who would have thought a car would even generate an error like that, I didn't realize they could check their fuel inlets!). I wonder if you have some of those gas loving spiders?!?

The reason the Expedition has those big huge windows is because it doesn't mind looking dopey (;)), whereas the Explorer is all about looking sleek and cool.

How many miles does GiGi have on her so far?

LOL - Gigi - I think I'm at 7600...not too bad. I was hoping to average right around 1000 miles/mo but I'm a bit over with the trip south.

While that may be true on the expedition - I wish my x had bigger windows. I don't like not feeling like I can see...

That's ok - way better than cramming the 5 of us into the fusion :)

I too wouldn't mind a bit more visibility to the rear and aft quarters of the Ex. It can be like looking out the mouth of a cave at times :)

I wonder if you have some of those gas loving spiders?!?

Omg - VINCE!! Yes - they said there were cobwebs in the inlet!!! They cleaned them out and it was all good!!

WEird weird weird.

Oh and he said it was going to take them THREE hours to do the MFT update to 3.2.2 so I said "never mind" - I can try to do it myself or take it back later. I don't enjoy one car!

Omg - VINCE!! Yes - they said there were cobwebs in the inlet!!! They cleaned them out and it was all good!!

WEird weird weird.

Oh and he said it was going to take them THREE hours to do the MFT update to 3.2.2 so I said "never mind" - I can try to do it myself or take it back later. I don't enjoy one car!

Took me over about 2 hours to do it, including downloading the file.

Thems spiders is nutz!! :D

As for the update, took me about 25 minutes to do. That is finding a USB stick, downloading it (which took seconds, but some folks are reporting super slow downloads), and installing it. So it looks like YMMV when it comes to install time :)

i dont see how it could possibly take longer than 45 minutes tops!

I don't have any problem doing it myself - but figured since it was going in for the other stuff - I'd have them do it. But now - yeah, I"ll be doing it myself. I don't forsee any problems with it.

Maybe the name of my car needs to have something to do with *spiders* in it?? And the guy at the dealership said they've had 3 in in the last month - not explorers though. A fusion, a focus and now mine. Weird but the guy doing the work knew exactly what to look for. It was done before 1:00pm!!! I'll take it.

I don't have any problem doing it myself - but figured since it was going in for the other stuff - I'd have them do it. But now - yeah, I"ll be doing it myself. I don't forsee any problems with it.

Maybe the name of my car needs to have something to do with *spiders* in it?? And the guy at the dealership said they've had 3 in in the last month - not explorers though. A fusion, a focus and now mine. Weird but the guy doing the work knew exactly what to look for. It was done before 1:00pm!!! I'll take it.

Let me know if you need any help downloading 3.2.2, FordMomof3!

Speaking of spiders, I walked out of my house the other day and there was one the size of a quarter! I almost had a heart attack. LOL My fearless three year old saved me though. :thumbsup:

Rebecca

Rebecca - thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

Spiders - just keep them away from your FORD!!

Maybe it is time for a locking gas cap since there is no cap now.

Back