Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys whats up....how far is the area you go from Balto?

Hey fellas, just joined this website last week and just bought my 1st Explorer. I live in VA and want to go on a run with you guys cuz it sounds like a blast and great way to meet folks on here esp the fellas that live in VA.

I have no mods to my 13' XLT and was wondering if I would even be able to make a run. What do ya think?

Hey fellas, just joined this website last week and just bought my 1st Explorer. I live in VA and want to go on a run with you guys cuz it sounds like a blast and great way to meet folks on here esp the fellas that live in VA.

I have no mods to my 13' XLT and was wondering if I would even be able to make a run. What do ya think?

Honestly, I think you'd be fine at fishfoods but I wouldn't do the shoe creek or stony run unless you don't mind banging up that new x you have...
There's plenty of room in my rig for the real trails if you'd like...
just wouldn't want to see that thing messed up...
its pretty rocky and I don't think you'd have the clearance... Id definitely come though, we need some off road videos and if you came we would have a explorer of every generation...

If i can get off work. My sport only has about three inches of lift will it be able to clear the trails

Updated first post with maps/coordinates for Fishfood's place and also the Stony Run trailhead. Anybody have the one for whichever end of Shoe Creek we're starting on?

I say we start at the end and go uphill this time.last time we went down hill,don't think its as fun,had to ride the breaks alot!

If i can get off work. My sport only has about three inches of lift will it be able to clear the trails

Your be fine.like I've said we had a stock 2Wd 2nd gen went last trip.

So the south end? I have no idea, never been

O thought you ran it before.man your like this trail,its nice!
yea ill see if i tagged it from last trip and post up a Google maps location of the trail end i suggest and one of fish foods.

Well I asked odd will see where it goes from now but yea I'd love to go

Wow this group is getting wicked large, we should do a head count the first week of November to see what's up. Get those rigs looking fresh!

Wow this group is getting wicked large, we should do a head count the first week of November to see what's up. Get those rigs looking fresh!

My boy Albert and his girl is going as of now so that's two more for the list.;)glad the trail is wide and long,its going to take us all day to run it!
that's 9trucks and 11 people i count that is for sure going.

The end of the trail... I starred it in my maps last time I was there...
I recommend we go down the trail a mile or so to air sown etc... The locals on this road are usually less than friendly.....there's a big spot we can all do it a mile or so in....
1945-2055 Perkins Mill Rd, George Washington National Forest, Roseland, VA 22967
http://m.google.com/u/m/zPvQHO

The end of the trail... I starred it in my maps last time I was there...
I recommend we go down the trail a mile or so to air sown etc... The locals on this road are usually less than friendly.....there's a big spot we can all do it a mile or so in....
1945-2055 Perkins Mill Rd, George Washington National Forest, Roseland, VA 22967
http://m.google.com/u/m/zPvQHO

Yep that's it.i think it will be little more fun and challenging to run it going up hill this time.going down hill is fun but you gota ride the breaks alot and getting down a rock never seems to be as hard as going up over a rock;)need to get out there and fix all my leaky connectors on my oba !!never use pipe puddy !!!:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MrM02.jpg

I'm in for sure now.

IT MOVES!

Back