Post up your audio system! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post up your audio system!

DSC_0017.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DSC_0021.jpg

no longer have the phase linear flip out, now have a kenwood excelon kdx-595 which is by far the nicest radio ive owned, recommend it to anyone

wannacustomx, is that a Transmission line box?

na, just a temporary box at optimal volume for the fi btl 18 tuned to 26hz. i polan on gettin another sub and new amps so nothing too special right now.. still pounds though.

I changed my sub to a SKAR vvw 10 dvc. It handles my amp much better than the E5.10. I'll use it in my wifes Grand Marquis.

No pics yet but I have:

• alpine cda 117
  • alpine spr 68 (2 pairs)
  • swr 1043 sub
  • pdx f4 4 channel amp
  • pdx m6 mono amp

A little vid of my sub in action :)

More pics of sound systems would be appreciated.
I wonder why more people don't mount their amps under the rear seats

More pics of sound systems would be appreciated.
I wonder why more people don't mount their amps under the rear seats

My friend used to have his amp under the seat in his navigator and the thing superheated every time he had it on. Mine has fans and lights on it, so it makes no sense for me to hide mine under a seat

Pioneer AVH P2400BT
4 JBL GTO8620 100W per
1 Alpine Type R SWR 12D2 1500W
MB Quart ONYX 2.100
MB Quart ONYX 1.1500
One eight gauge and one four gauge power wires
IMAG0926.jpg

IMAG0494.jpg

IMAG0951.jpg

IMAG0954.jpg

IMAG0727.jpg

How do you post pics? I have a 02 xlt with the 3rd row and rear a/c and two little ones so the 3rd row is alwayes used

The front doors have 6.5 Polk seperates with adapters. The rear doors have 5.25 Polk seperates with adapters. I have had good results with Polk. Behind the 3rd row I have 2-10w3v3 and 1-12w6v2 in one custom box in individual chambers. Powered by a alpine pdx5 75x4 for the polks 300 watt sub channel goes to the 12w6v2 and a alpine pdx600.1 for the two 10w3v3. The wiring and amps are in the jack storage compartment. The Jack and pieces are stored under the 2nd row

Also I originally had a single din Kenwood excelon radio installed with 4volt rcas. I couldn't refuse the deal I was offered for a pioneer Avic d3 double din headunit with Sirius, hd radio, iPod control and it having navi and DVD capability. The downfall is the d/a converter and 2volt rcas. So after installed the pioneer I could hear a definite difference in volume and quality. I acquired a audio control matrix line driver and that made all the difference in the world. Needless to say I'm a very happy camper and I can hear my wife coming down the road before I see her.

I'll get some pics tomorrow.

As of this moment, mine consists of:

Alpine 9886
Audiopipe AP30001D
Incriminator Audio Death Row 15" dual 1 ohm
3.0 net cubic foot ported enclosure, tuned to 30hz with 46 sq inches of port
Duralast Marine 115ah battery in cargo area
Knu Konceptz 1/0 wiring and fuse holder

Possibly getting my hands on an Incriminator Death Penalty 21" soon, and if I get that, I'll post a build thread of the enclosure.

Working on a mild system now. Intalled a AVH-P4300DVD. I built a fiberglass/MDF sub box to fit under the false floor in the rear, I'll be mounting a single Pioneer shallow mount 12", will be installing new components with a 4 channel amp, running all new wiring obviously, and hopefully hiding everything, but the amp rack is posing a challenge so far, unless I mount something behind the rear panel. Still thinking about that.

I'll try and get a few more photos when the stuff starts to arrive, but for now most of it is on order. Right now it's in development stage. I don't have the woofer hole cut out to proper size yet, until the sub arrives and I can get the proper dimensions.

- Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
- Pioneer GM-D8500M 1200W Max Class D Mono Amp
- Pioneer TS-SW3001S2 1500W Max Shallow Mount 12" Sub
- Infinity Kappa 682.9CF 6x8 Component Speakers
- Infinity Kappa Four, 4 Channel Amplifier
- Crap ton of wiring.

AVH.jpg

ExpSubbox1.jpg

ExpSubbox2.jpg

Expl.jpg

Looks nice. Good job. How bad it was to build sub box in the rear?? Does it sounds good??? I want to have a sound system on my 07 explorer, but want it to look factory. Or hidden system.

Not much but here it is:
HiFonics 3 Ways in all 4 doors
DSC06069.jpg

DSC06070.jpg

Clarion CZ500 Head unit
DSC06122.jpg

10" Fosgate Primes Powered by a JBL 770w amp
8c174ee2.jpg

And my speakers are powered by a 440w HiFonics 4 channel. Here it all is right after I got it hooked up. Havent had time to go back and make it look all pretty yet. So is the life of a college student...
40b02e0b.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back