Vehicle Security System: Part No: 7L3Z-19A361-AA | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vehicle Security System: Part No: 7L3Z-19A361-AA

cnsheets

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explemoner
Has anyone self installed this in their EX or had the dealer install?

Thoughts? Comments? Below is the description from the ford accessories site

Vehicle Security System - Alarm
Part No: 7L3Z-19A361-AA
SRP: $155.71

Protect your vehicle and its contents with a state-of-the-art security system. Includes a Lifetime Limited Warranty on parts (contact dealer for complete details). Dealer installation recommended. NOTE: Vehicles equipped with a security system may be eligible for insurance discounts in some states/provinces.

Two-step perimeter alarm gives a warning chirp for non-threatening impacts and a Real Panic Sound if security is threatened.
IT-s (Interior Theft Sensor) uses infrared technology to protect the vehicles contents.
Factory-supplied transmitter remotely locks/unlocks doors and deactivates the alarm.
Dome lights are activated for illuminated entry/exit.
For vehicles equipped with factory keyless entry.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Isn't the perimeter alarm standard equipment on the Explorer XLT and Ltd models?

I bought this for my BASE model, I took the alarm and the car to a Ford dealer down here in Ecuador, and they told me they needed the remotes, but this thing didnt come with any remotes, from my understanding, it is supposed to work with the OEM Key, that has a remote to lock and unlock the doors.
What to do now ? Any ideas ?

I bought this for my BASE model, I took the alarm and the car to a Ford dealer down here in Ecuador, and they told me they needed the remotes, but this thing didnt come with any remotes, from my understanding, it is supposed to work with the OEM Key, that has a remote to lock and unlock the doors.
What to do now ? Any ideas ?
According to what cnsheets posted, it is for vehicles with keyless entry. Can you get keyless entry on a base Explorer?

Peter

According to what cnsheets posted, it is for vehicles with keyless entry. Can you get keyless entry on a base Explorer?

Peter

Of course, the OEM keys come with the remote, to lock and unlock the doors.

Isnt this alarm supposed to work with the OEM key remote ?

This system is designed to be used with the Original remotes the vehicle came with , No additional remotes are included. If a dealer is telling you this ask for a manager to get involved as they are incorrect

thanks, Benny

Of course, the OEM keys come with the remote, to lock and unlock the doors.

Isnt this alarm supposed to work with the OEM key remote ?
Okay. I was thinking of the keyless entry of the Limited where you don't have an actual key to open the doors and have push button start.

Peter

Anyone has the wiring diagram for the 2011-2013 Explorer ?
Where can I get that ?

Has anyone self installed this in their EX or had the dealer install?

Thoughts? Comments? Below is the description from the ford accessories site

Vehicle Security System - Alarm
Part No: 7L3Z-19A361-AA
SRP: $155.71

Protect your vehicle and its contents with a state-of-the-art security system. Includes a Lifetime Limited Warranty on parts (contact dealer for complete details). Dealer installation recommended. NOTE: Vehicles equipped with a security system may be eligible for insurance discounts in some states/provinces.

Two-step perimeter alarm gives a warning chirp for non-threatening impacts and a Real Panic Sound if security is threatened.
IT-s (Interior Theft Sensor) uses infrared technology to protect the vehicles contents.
Factory-supplied transmitter remotely locks/unlocks doors and deactivates the alarm.
Dome lights are activated for illuminated entry/exit.
For vehicles equipped with factory keyless entry.

Bumping this thread again since I just ordered this security system add-on, has anyone had it installed yet? Anyone have the wiring diagram or know where to find online for the 2011-2013 Explorer?

Bought this part and have had no luck getting anyone to install it.
I've had 6 Ford dealers tell me they won't install it because they don't do alarm systems.
A couple of the dealers tell me they usually outsource alarm systems to Car Toys.
One of the dealers referred me to a stereo/alarm installer they use which told me he wouldn't do the install until Ford released the updated install sheet, how can ford sell me a part that no one is willing to install? Anyone know where and how I can get the install sheet/wiring diagram for the 2013 Explorer?

Give me your email address I will send the 2013 PDF, I would continue to look for a dealer who will install it. Reason being if there is ever an issue warranty wise they can look up history and get the installer back into the dealership if it was a sublet which most dealers do. They cant play the blame game when it was their installer just in case.

-Benny

Give me your email address I will send the 2013 PDF, I would continue to look for a dealer who will install it. Reason being if there is ever an issue warranty wise they can look up history and get the installer back into the dealership if it was a sublet which most dealers do. They cant play the blame game when it was their installer just in case.

-Benny

I pm'ed you, Thanks for your assistance!!!

The perimeter alarm is listed as standard equipment on my 2013 XLT

need install pdf for a 2010 EB

BAD experience

I am not going to bash the system, just give my experience.
Had the security system installed in 13 XLT before I even took the vehicle home. After installation I went to pick up vehicle and the alarm would not activate when hotting the vehicle. Determined the alarm module was bad, replacement ordered. New alarm module installed. Alarm was not sensitive enough to activate, tried hitting various panels, knocking on windows nothing would happen. The tech adjusted the alarm sensitivity and it was working as advertised. Got it home set the alarm, then about 1 hour later I hear the horn beep, nothing around my vehicle. This happened again in 30 min, 15 min, then every 5 minutes. The horn would just beep once. I desensitized the alarm and called the dealer. This went on for 3 more times, they would set it to be an alarm and then it would just activate for no reason. Finally had enough of taking it in and having to leave it all all day so had them take it out. The service rep convinced her boss to remove it and not charge me for the removal, talked to the parts manager and he agreed to refund the cost of the alarm, still trying to get refund for installation cost. For me this is my concerns, web site brochure says it had infrared technology, I couldn't find it and when sitting inside and alarm on movements did not activate alarm. If it did what it advertised I would have been very happy with it. For the cost of having Ford install it I could have gotten a 3rd party remote start system. I got the system because of the brochure on the Ford website and had a Ford dealership install it. I have installed alarms and stereos in all of my vehicles and my wife's with no problems, I will be installing a different system myself when I get everything settled. Just my experience with the system.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am not going to bash the system, just give my experience.
Had the security system installed in 13 XLT before I even took the vehicle home. After installation I went to pick up vehicle and the alarm would not activate when hotting the vehicle. Determined the alarm module was bad, replacement ordered. New alarm module installed. Alarm was not sensitive enough to activate, tried hitting various panels, knocking on windows nothing would happen. The tech adjusted the alarm sensitivity and it was working as advertised. Got it home set the alarm, then about 1 hour later I hear the horn beep, nothing around my vehicle. This happened again in 30 min, 15 min, then every 5 minutes. The horn would just beep once. I desensitized the alarm and called the dealer. This went on for 3 more times, they would set it to be an alarm and then it would just activate for no reason. Finally had enough of taking it in and having to leave it all all day so had them take it out. The service rep convinced her boss to remove it and not charge me for the removal, talked to the parts manager and he agreed to refund the cost of the alarm, still trying to get refund for installation cost. For me this is my concerns, web site brochure says it had infrared technology, I couldn't find it and when sitting inside and alarm on movements did not activate alarm. If it did what it advertised I would have been very happy with it. For the cost of having Ford install it I could have gotten a 3rd party remote start system. I got the system because of the brochure on the Ford website and had a Ford dealership install it. I have installed alarms and stereos in all of my vehicles and my wife's with no problems, I will be installing a different system myself when I get everything settled. Just my experience with the system.

With my sympathy; maybe that's why this part is made unavailable in Canada.
I was attracted by advertisement before ordering, dealer at later point told me it's standard module I was thrilled at one point and later one disappointed by finding out it's not there. Phoned US dealer, they simply have provided me the right part number, then it's how I find this page. I pulled P/N as DL3Z-19A361-A from FORD.com, dealer said never heard about hat. I guess FORD just got too busy to make everything simple and straight. (not a blame!)

Technology and false alarming are indeed critical for any security system. Thanks for sharing your experience; I will forget about this for now.

Back