Rhino 3000 series winch? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rhino 3000 series winch?

If your gf is an ME she can tell you all about forces and moments and how that vertical distance comes into play lol. Sorry I had to I've been studying for a statics and dynamics test all weekend haha.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes I was thinking on the door step but I got crapped on with that idea haha. Now the an is buy a front hitch mount and build a riser out of square steel tubing 1/2 inch? And rise it up where I want. Perfectly centered just higher. All it needs to do is pull me out.

Yeah her and her boss (actual engineer) drew it l up with cross supports and lateral supports and did l the moments and free body diagrams of the actual forces at play and said its okay.... I smiled and nodded.

I think you'll be better off with the front receiver and extra supports. GL man

Thanks. As soon as it gets on there ill get stuck and try to pull myself out with it to see if it will work or not. Is 1/2 inch thick enough?

1/2" is is defintiely think enough. I think most use 1/4.

When they did the math equations it said that square tubing with 1/4 inch walls would be thick enough but after a whole bunch of math said that it was borderline (because I'm adding essentially a 1.5 foot fulcrum to the mount point) and so they said to use 1/2 inch. Thanks for the input though I appreciate all help. My goal is done by thanksgiving ill upload pics and then maybe let people order them provided it works. It will be a way to mount winches to the front of our gen without removal of bumpers at all and completely removable.

That's a great idea and I'm sure a lot of people on here will take advantage of that. Can't wait to see the pics!

Back