Who's Here From Florida? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who's Here From Florida?

ive got a hunting camp over by crystal river, its in inglis so I've been over to the area before

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What's the hunting camp called?

big oak tree camp. off butler rd. if you're from the area you'd probably know this area?

Yeah if your headed north on 19 its on the left, between the barge canal and the withlacoochee river.

Must be right out of citrus county then? Oh well

thats the one!

Been there a few times when I was young, if its the one I think it is. My dad use to take me fishing across the highway on the other side of the river, as well as going down the trails along side the barge canal which are no longer there, well the ones I'd like to take on. They use to be brutal trails along there 10-15 years ago.

Must be right out of citrus county then? Oh well

Must be. I really don't know, I never rode dirtbikes.

Finally posting pics... It was freshly cleaned for these :) the wash is only a couple days old. Sometimes it likes looking pretty...other times is covered in mud. haha Too bad Sandy brought NO rain to Jax. There's only sand for me to drive in now... not the same.
1A11-4B0B-AC20-9449DF6AE2D1-12330-00000E81DD672118.jpg

92F3-4B5A-AAEB-529A0EBDB296-12330-00000E81C955CC89.jpg

2E61F662-4919-4683-B924-5E69BE05D338-12330-00000E81A43A723C.jpg

Nice I've always liked black sports. Is that brush guard from a bigger truck??

Yes, not sure which truck, but it was $65 on Craigslist and I confirmed that it is a Westin (so it's good stuff). Can't beat that price. And then a shop who I'm friends with the owner made me a really study custom mount for $60, so yeah, great deal on it :D

I would have to say 94-96 F-150/Bronco, and you need some beefier tires

I know most or all of you don't know Hank is but I talked to him through pm's asking if we can revive his club Flexplorers any intrest in reviving it? I know money is tight and everyone is spread out all over Florida. But maybe we can start a thread in the ECX subforum. Just an idea, I can try to get a website going after the first of the year. Maybe get some decal ideas I have a few friends that work for some sign company's. Let's see some opinions.

Damn J-Train your trying to go all out man lol.
Gotta agree though you need wider tires on that sport

tumblrm9fusblcyl1r2z2ih.jpg

photo9z.jpg

photo11wr.jpg

(latest mod) never knew the stock speakers could sound that good.

Its nothing crazy cause its only 2wd

Its nothing crazy cause its only 2wd

Hey man, I'm only 2wd and I've had it 5 feet in the air. You can do A LOT with 2wd. Trust me.

....we should just all remind Alex that he's poor and can't afford the new tires he wants for his truck.... thanks guys :p

And hey, 2wd. Spindles and a SOA man. Lifts you up nicely :D That's my plan (and I'm gonna wait on beefier tires til I can afford to do all of that)

Not a big deal. I know exactly how it is to save money to do stuff.

Got 2wd drive then might as well go with it.
I'm 2wd and on 35s not too expensive
My next project is probably goin to be the long arms.

ya i can defiantly rip around in 2wd , i plan on doin the SOA in the rear or getting 4inch super lift leafs. plus i need new shocks , just cant seem to find the right ones.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Holy crap! I am gone for a couple days - finaly back in FL! - and my thread has taken off haha. Nice to see some pics of your truck Alex!

Back