Post hurricane sandy clean up prep........ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post hurricane sandy clean up prep........

lounge lizard

Reaction score
City, State
Eastern PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 xlt awd
I had to help a friend pull a tree back up straight after the storm.

so I made up a hitch winch to help with the job. I had a tube of steel that was 2" x 2" with a hole already in it that was reinforced with a tube welded inside the tube.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

then I put a good heavy coat of yellow paint.

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

next was mounting the winch to it.

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

and then I did a test fit on the truck.

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

then it was off to the tree to set it up right! :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

loungey howed you make out in pa?? im just wondering how far this storm hit. i live close to sandy hook nj and the aftermath around here is devastating. i just got power today after 6 days and about 1/3 of the state still doesnt have power. all the little beach towns around me are more or less washed away

we didn't do too bad considering that most of eastern Pa was with out power for the better part of last week. and some are still with out power.

I'm glad we didn't get the rain we were predicted for. which was about 8'--15'. unfortunately it went to New York and they got battered with it.

now I have been helping friends clean up their homes, and get things back in place that the storm destroyed.

it is still a mess all over this area for hundreds of miles in any direction. but we have power and things are getting better.

hope you guys didn't get trown up too bad over there in Sandy Hook.

here in MD we just had alot of power outage around my area....I didnt have power for 3 days, of flooding in my area and a few trees down.
thats a cool winch you made there

Its good to see EF members lend a hand in times of need. When the big winds (80MPG) early this spring we lost power for a week. We were fortunate to have more than one generator so one of them floated around the neighborhood to keep everyone from losing food in the fridge and allow a little light in the night. But then that's what families are for whether it be by blood or friendship.

Back