New Navigation Card? (A4) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Navigation Card? (A4)

I tryed that but all I saw on my phone was a tab for contacts, nothing about notifications. Any other ideas?

You are on iOS 6.0.1, and have Monday's 3.5.1 MFT update?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes. I've deleted and paired acouple times and can't get it to work.

This is what it should look like
Photo%20Nov%2008%2C%2010%2024%2002%20PM.png

Does your clock settings on MFT have a DST (daylight savings time) on/off setting?

No it doesn't. And my sync Bluetooth settings screen on my phone has no notifications tab. Weird

Got me then... I have MFT on 3.5.1 (updated from the file available in the TSB released earlier this week), and iOS is on 6.0.1 (10A525).

When you deleted your pairing and re-added it, did you hit the "Forget This Device" button in the bluetooth settings, and then repair?

Picked up the new A4 card. Navigation has been cleaned up quite a bit, buttons moved around (changing views is now over on the left by the direction button, mute has been moved to a menu in the top right for things like travel link and other options, the traffic now displays correctly on both sides of the road (used to bleed through from one side to the other), and it seems faster overall.

I am going to go ahead and do a reboot now that I added the nav card, just to make sure I'm starting from a clean slate, but I'm actually (for once) optimistic about the stability of MFT based on this update. I still think Flash is a huge detriment to the system overall, but as long as it isn't rebooting twice a week I'll be pretty happy with it.

What the dealer is telling you is nonsense in my opinion. I called up my dealer yesterday, they ran my VIN, said that I am eligible for the update, set up an appointment for next week and ordered the A4 SD card.
The TSB doesn't say anything about you having to have a problem to get the update.

The nonsense gets better. My dealer had the car all day today, and now they're saying that they can't apply the update because they need to replace the APIM first. They have the A4 SD cards, but they're not willing to give me one to do the update myself.

They've ordered the APIM, so now I'll need to go back in to have that replaced. Hopefully, they'll also apply the 3.5.1 update at that point, but they just keep saying that a software update is not likely to fix the problems. This makes no sense to me since the problems that I'm having are the ones that are specifically mentioned in the TSB for the update.

Why is this so hard? I just want the MFT updated!

The nonsense gets better. My dealer had the car all day today, and now they're saying that they can't apply the update because they need to replace the APIM first. They have the A4 SD cards, but they're not willing to give me one to do the update myself.

They've ordered the APIM, so now I'll need to go back in to have that replaced. Hopefully, they'll also apply the 3.5.1 update at that point, but they just keep saying that a software update is not likely to fix the problems. This makes no sense to me since the problems that I'm having are the ones that are specifically mentioned in the TSB for the update.

Why is this so hard? I just want the MFT updated!

I an see requiring a replacement of the APIM on the 2011/2012 models, but there should be no reason they need to replace it on your 2013. They should do the update first, and if you are still experiencing problems then try replacing the APIM. I think you should call IVT Support and explain to them your situation and ask them to contact your dealer and instruct them to do the update for you (or find a different dealer who is willing to work with you).

It sounds like your dealer is in it to make money. If they replace the APIM they get to charge Ford for the time. It sounds like they are just trying to make the update process as long as humanly possible.

I did the update on my own, I told my service rep that I had already had all of the steps on the TSB performed on the vehicle, I was just waiting for an A4 card to be in stock. He put in a reservation for a card that they already had on order, and when it came in today he called me. I drove to the service department, handed him my A3 card, he handed me an A4 card, we shook hands and that was it.

Had some issues with MFT blacking out and took the vehicle to the dealer be looked at, which they wanted to replace the APIM. Picked up the EX and while driving away I noticed I had no Navigation. Even SYNC wouldn't recognized any voice commands for Navigation. The dealer had updated the software to the latest version BUT I still had the A3 card. After a day back with the dealer, I now have the A4 card and a working NAV.

I think you should call IVT Support and explain to them your situation and ask them to contact your dealer and instruct them to do the update for you (or find a different dealer who is willing to work with you)

I just called IVT Support. They basically said that the dealers know what they're doing, so if they said it needs a new APIM, it must have been for a good reason. He also said that the IVT Support team has been instructed not to even tell customers about the 3.5.1 update until it's available on SyncMyRide in the next month or two.

Looks like I'll be getting a new APIM whether I like it or not.

I just called IVT Support. They basically said that the dealers know what they're doing, so if they said it needs a new APIM, it must have been for a good reason. He also said that the IVT Support team has been instructed not to even tell customers about the 3.5.1 update until it's available on SyncMyRide in the next month or two.

LOL thats awesome... at least you'll know you have brand new hardware, and you'll get to document a visit and an "attempt to repair" for lemon law in the future :)

I just had my APIM replaced for the second time about 7 days ago. It did absolutely nothing to improve the system. My EX is at the dealer right now getting 3.5.1 and the new A4 Nav card.

I just had my APIM replaced for the second time about 7 days ago. It did absolutely nothing to improve the system. My EX is at the dealer right now getting 3.5.1 and the new A4 Nav card.

When do you get it back?!?! I'm curious about your results.

You are on iOS 6.0.1, and have Monday's 3.5.1 MFT update?

Just got back from dealership with new version and A4 nav card. Iphone 4S is on 6.0.1 and I do not have a bluetooth notifications option on the phone either. And yes, I did delete the pair completely and re-add it.

13sport is just special, thats all.

Just got back from dealership with new version and A4 nav card. Iphone 4S is on 6.0.1 and I do not have a bluetooth notifications option on the phone either. And yes, I did delete the pair completely and re-add it.

13sport is just special, thats all.

I don't understand. you deleted the pair from the phone as well right (select SYNC and "Forget This Device") ?

Uploading a video to youtube now, will post here once it completes

I deleted the pair from the phone but did not delete the device from Sync. I will delete from both and try again.

Pairing the 4S to MFT (same process works on my iPhone 5 as well)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmm interesting. I deleted the phone from sync as well as deleting the pair from the iPhone. Now when I resync the two, it now tells me that my phone is not compatible with messaging. It did not do this before. Just showed my message inbox as empty.

Ill start over, but first ill do a fuse pull and nice reboot first. Ill also verify the software version of myford however I suspect it is the newest since the A4 nav card is installed and does work.

I do notice though that the maps go blank and redraw slowly as the map image comes back. And zooming in and out on the map is a bit buggy, when I select the .25 option it actually triggers the view button that's been relocated. Maybe the fuse pull will help all around.

If not. I think it's just my vehicle hating on me as usual.

Back