Ford is manufacturing the C-Max hybrid in their Michigan assembly plant. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford is manufacturing the C-Max hybrid in their Michigan assembly plant.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Waskly I swear you are the most negative person on this forum.

I'm glad Ford is getting their crap together, although I'm sure they'll never bring back the Ranger or put a frame and solid axle under the Explorer again :( I have hopes though

I wonder how much hybrid technology came from Ford. I'm sure that a lot came from Toyota: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326323

wiki explains it better...

The Escape Hybrid uses technology similar to that used in the Toyota Prius. Ford engineers realized their technology may conflict with patents held by Toyota, which led to a 2004 patent-sharing accord between the companies, licensing Ford's use of some of Toyota's hybrid technology[23] in exchange for Toyota's use of some of Ford's diesel and direct-injection engine technology.[24] Ford maintains that Ford received no technical assistance from Toyota in developing the hybrid powertrain, but that some hybrid engine technologies developed by Ford independently were found to be similar to technologies previously patented by Toyota, so licenses were obtained.[24] Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd., a Japanese automotive components supplier belonging to the Toyota Group, supplies the hybrid continuously variable transmission for the Escape Hybrid. While Toyota produces its third-generation Prius transmission in-house, Aisin is the only supplier of hybrid transmissions to other manufacturers. Friction has arisen concerning Aisin's allocation of limited production capacity and engineering resources to Ford.[24] Sanyo Electric Co. built the 50 kg (110 lb),330V[25] 5.5 Ah (would make it 1.8kWh storage), 250-cell nickel metal hydride (NiMH) battery pack for the 2005 Escape Hybrid.[26]

look up the wiki on the escape hybrid....

It's too bad that these engineers are in competition with each other. Think of what they could accomplish if they work together on a project.

i still think auto mfg work better with one another then software/pc and all IP based copyright lawsuits. google/microsoft/apple come to mind. with patent trolls that also follow.

Back