New Navigation Card? (A4) | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Navigation Card? (A4)

Well, i deleted the phone from sync and deleted sync from the iPhone. Reboot the iPhone and did a fuse pull on sync. Repaired everything it IS NOW WORKING! Maps seem better now too.

Although sending messages fail as 13sport stated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well at least it is mostly working! Congratulations :party:

One thing I like about the new A4 Nav..... previously on A3, the street names would run over and block your vehicle marker. Now on A4, they turn translucent as they pass your position.......

Here's a quick video of it, my apologies for the blurriness, I was driving obviously.

I see the useless, but distracting, blinking circle is still there.

Just got back from dealership with new version and A4 nav card. Iphone 4S is on 6.0.1 and I do not have a bluetooth notifications option on the phone either. And yes, I did delete the pair completely and re-add it.

13sport is just special, thats all.

Just got back with the A4 card and the new version.

I do not have the bluetooth notification, either. I will try playing with it, and see if I can get it to work.

Well, I got the show notifications to show up on my iPhone 5, but, still can't receive text.

Sync says something about my phone not being compatible with text messaging.

Sync says something about my phone not being compatible with text messaging.

Mine did this initially also. Read my post above on what I did to correct it and make it work. Post #81

I see the useless, but distracting, blinking circle is still there.
I don't find it distracting at all. In fact looking at cnsheets post, it looks like it may be very helpful in quickly pin poniting your location when the map gets very 'busy' looking.

Peter

As promised....

4th quarter update AND messaging working with iOS 6.01 as promised..... I must be clairvoyant.... ;)

Not totally working.......but close

4th quarter update AND messaging working with iOS 6.01 as promised..... I must be clairvoyant.... ;)

I've been wondering where you went to... now I know. You were busy fixing things! :D

Have been SUPER busy at work and at home. I will be checking in often now that winter has arrived.

Picked up 2013 Ex last week and found it has 3.2.2 update (A3 card). The main problem I'm experiencing is the person I talk to on phone hearing me. They say it sounds like I'm out in the wind even though windows are closed. I've tried with a different phone with the same problem. Does the new update address call quality? It's almost not worth using in current state.

Picked up 2013 Ex last week and found it has 3.2.2 update (A3 card). The main problem I'm experiencing is the person I talk to on phone hearing me. They say it sounds like I'm out in the wind even though windows are closed. I've tried with a different phone with the same problem. Does the new update address call quality? It's almost not worth using in current state.

I have the same problem. I just tell callers the problem is that it's a quality Ford product to give free advertising to Ford on how great it sounds. Has pushed my family to look at other makes as they all are heavily dependent on yakking while driving hands free.

I guess they only way to really find out is to do the update. I don't use the hands free link that often but have never received any complaints when I do. You have to remember that you are not speaking close to or directly into the receiver which is above your head.

Peter

I have the same problem. I just tell callers the problem is that it's a quality Ford product to give free advertising to Ford on how great it sounds. Has pushed my family to look at other makes as they all are heavily dependent on yakking while driving hands free.
That is not a good thing to be doing. Even using a hands free device will still divert some of your attention away from where it should be concentrated. Driving safely.

Peter

That is not a good thing to be doing. Even using a hands free device will still divert some of your attention away from where it should be concentrated. Driving safely.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I have tried to say the same thing to all of my Police buddies, and they just laugh. I guess the job requires it. I'd ask your advice on how to let them know this, but it would hijack the thread with off-topic comments which I don't want to do. Maybe a PM. :salute:

Have been SUPER busy at work and at home. I will be checking in often now that winter has arrived.

Cool, it's nice to have ya back with your inside perspective to enhance this forum :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Received a call from my dealer that they have verified that my Ex requires the update. They are ordering the A4 SD card and have set up an appoint for installation of V3.5.1 and card next week.

Peter

Not runnng any chances, fine print says it all. My dealer called me and I am already setup for this week, including A4 map card.

Bobby:thumbsup:

Back