• Register Today It's free!

anyone in nc

goldnblack

Reaction score
City, State
north carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer
does anyone on here live in the north carolina region?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yall do any wheeling or anything around there?

Unfortunately my ST needs some work so I can't take it offroad much as it's my only transportation right now. If I break anything major I'd be SOL.

Not yet. Just got mine lifted. Uwharrie is right up the road where I work. I plan on spring or Summer taking the kids and camping and doing some trails. But Just like Bwheetley its my dd until I get another project car.
How bout you? What part of NC and you do any wheeling where youre at?

i live in hickory, so i go up to the mountains and we find some places around here!

theres a few trails on gib on near boone is called Richlands its a good ride, take bout an hour to go thro to the other side and its got some good views too, i havent been since i got my explorder im in the proscess of lifting it too so ill be up there real soon

what's it like at Uwharrie? I was thinking of taking the family camping up that way and see what trouble I could get into with my 2wd X. Is there easy enough trails to have fun there without getting stupid?

what's it like at Uwharrie? I was thinking of taking the family camping up that way and see what trouble I could get into with my 2wd X. Is there easy enough trails to have fun there without getting stupid?

Yeah there are some easy trails to hit. I have seen 2 wd pick ups and 2 wd jeeps go through. If nothing else you can work you way up to some good spots to watch the hard core trails too. Of course with 2wd go on a dry day lol.

:thumbsup:exactly what wessker96 said

perfect. I have a 5 year old who would love to watch some people do crazy things. :) Back in my younger days I took my 2wd ranger where I never thought 2wd could ever go. The X should do better with a better weight distribution and a limited slip diff, but I'm not looking to prove anything either. In warmer weather I'll be planning a camping trip one weekend.

Just over the Mountains on the Tennessee side here. Wishin' to move to N.C. in the near future. Love it in that state. If there's some good areas we'd love to know, we love takin' our explorers out and camping as well. Done more small local areas and the lake bottoms. I've got a 01 Sport 2wd on 31s for right now, body lift coming soon. Wife's got a 01 4x4 ST if I get stuck somewhere.. haha

Fort Bragg area here been looking for other Explorers around not to many here a couple sport tracs but not many 4 door Exs. As far as Uwharrie I loved it out there it wasnt to bad in my 96 4 door with TT shackel and 3 in body lift and 33s. Just avoid the pit it is a truck killer you'll know were Im talking bout if youve been there.

Fort Bragg area here been looking for other Explorers around not to many here a couple sport tracs but not many 4 door Exs. As far as Uwharrie I loved it out there it wasnt to bad in my 96 4 door with TT shackel and 3 in body lift and 33s. Just avoid the pit it is a truck killer you'll know were Im talking bout if youve been there.

I'm on Fort Bragg right now!

Back