2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc

Just tell him it's for your "other" truck. Or find another tire guy :D

Or better yet buy them online and just have him mount/balance them for you. I'm sure you can find them cheaper than he can order them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys i have a 03 limited v8 that i want to lift it/level it out nothing to crazy was thinking on the racho quick lifts just have not seen any pics on ex"s can anyone direct or link me to some pics. Also wanting to run 20 inch wheels with a nice trail tire so just wondering what the best way to go about it would be. I want to do everything at once since i have to replace my upper balljoints and all. Is the btf control arms still available or spacer kit that i been reading about? Thanks,Joe

here is my explorer. I ran the spacers with a small bodylift on 20" rims with a 275/60r20 Cooper Zeon LTZ. It is an all terrain tread pattern and the tire itself is 33" tall. Very comfortable setup on and off road

i'll look into that nate, thank you. for the time being, i put bigger tires on my truck and my torque converter loves me again lol

Updated Pictures. 275x60r20 (33.03x11.06) Cooper Zeon LTZ
100_0669.jpg

100_0670.jpg

100_0671.jpg

100_0677.jpg

100_0673.jpg

100_0674.jpg

100_0675.jpg

100_0678.jpg

100_0679.jpg

Kazer you have a beautful ex my friend. I remember seing pics of this with a couple different set ups, what was the first set up u had? I think your 1st or 2nd set up is what i am looking for i think. Do you know of any pics with the rancho quick lifts? Thanks,Joe

Not sure on the quicklift. Try searching through the modified third gen section.

here are my setups. Stay tuned.... Setup #4 coming soon

ohh boy, here we go....lol
Mustang Cobra R 17x9, 245/65r17 (painted with rattle can bedliner)
DSC08412.jpg
IMAG0456.jpg

MB Chaos 5 17x8.5, 285/70r17
DSC02604.jpg

DSC02624.jpg

MB bruzer 20x8.5, 275/60r20
100_0669.jpg

100_0671.jpg

I am ordering tires this week. Have an 04 XLT I am going with a mud tire and want to go to 265's I see most people say that will fit stock no lift but then some guys say they rub. Will I be good using stock rim and running a 265

Here's mine...Rancho Quicklifts and 265 Duratracs. Passenger side front rubs a little at full lock but it's just the plastic wheel well piece near the firewall. Not bad enough to worry about and nothing a zip tie to pull it back a little won't fix.

p1210297810-4.jpg

p1210297864-4.jpg

p1210298550-4.jpg

Here's mine...Rancho Quicklifts and 265 Duratracs. Passenger side front rubs a little at full lock but it's just the plastic wheel well piece near the firewall. Not bad enough to worry about and nothing a zip tie to pull it back a little won't fix.

p1210297810-4.jpg

p1210297864-4.jpg

p1210298550-4.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Is that just with the quick lifts and no body lift? Thanks,Joe

Correct. No body lift, Just the Quicklifts. I got the advertised lift and it's still holding, no settling...yet. I see no reason to do anything else as this does what I need and want. Ride is great.

Correct. No body lift, Just the Quicklifts. I got the advertised lift and it's still holding, no settling...yet. I see no reason to do anything else as this does what I need and want. Ride is great.

It looks like there's some settling between the 1st and 2nd pics. Or does your drivers side just sit lower?

What setting gives you the best ride? Thanks

It looks like there's some settling between the 1st and 2nd pics. Or does your drivers side just sit lower?

Looks like it's just the shadowing. Plus the drivers side on all ex's and RBVs sit a little lower.

Where Is The Best Place To Get A Spacer Lift For An 2004 Ford Explorer XLT.?

What setting gives you the best ride? Thanks

I've left it on "5" and it rides almost as good as stock to me with 34psi in the tires. I have not played with it much but I will once I'm done hunting and can get more on road time. I've been doing a lot of off pavement driving so it's hard to get a good seat of the pants feel.

Nope. Both sides still measure the same as when I installed them.

I know it says 265/75/16 is what a lot of guys run in stock height( no lift) but damn. My Wrangler Duratracs came in today and they don't look like their gonna fit. Service who is installing them says they won't fit either. Calm me down a bit and tell try will fit no problem? Going on an 04 XLT

I know it says 265/75/16 is what a lot of guys run in stock height( no lift) but damn. My Wrangler Duratracs came in today and they don't look like their gonna fit. Service who is installing them says they won't fit either. Calm me down a bit and tell try will fit no problem? Going on an 04 XLT

I really hope they do, I just spent a good chunk on 265 BFG AT's...and they are due in tomorrow! Let us know!

Every rig is a little different and just because something works on one, doesn't mean it will work on another. IMO, anyone that is going to play the "mod my rig" game needs to be prepared to work on other things to make the mods work or fit. This is has just been my experience as I've never had a rig I've never modded. You gotta pay to play...

As far a the 265's, I figured I could fit them without any lift but it would be a little tight for my use. I crawled around and measured everything from lock to lock. Looking at other explorers on the road and in parking lots, some have more space that others it seems. Also realize that not all tires are the same size. An "all season" or "all terrain" can be a little smaller than a traction or mud tire. Good luck...

My
sign0134.gif

Got my 265's put on on Tuesday. They fit great. No rubbing at all and made the explorer look badass. Will snap some pics this weekend to show it off.

Got my 265's put on on Tuesday. They fit great. No rubbing at all and made the explorer look badass. Will snap some pics this weekend to show it off.

Looking forward to seeing some pics. Also will the quick lifts level the truck i know thats what it say's it will do but the back of yours looks alot higher then the front. I would be good if i could get mine to sit all around like the front of yours sits.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking forward to seeing some pics. Also will the quick lifts level the truck i know thats what it say's it will do but the back of yours looks alot higher then the front. I would be good if i could get mine to sit all around like the front of yours sits.
i

Checkout the 3 rd gen picture thread, I posted some pics there with the Duratracs on.

Back