Ford Remote Start Accessory | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Remote Start Accessory

Thanks Cory I appreciate the help
Marc,

My technical adviser said you’re correct that it will take a separate fob because you already have the four buttons with the trunk release. He also said to make sure you order the one made for the trunk release equipped vehicle.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cory,
Again thanks for the help. I however don't have the trunk release on my vehicle. My key has lock/unlock and panic feature with the bottom right spot unused. Sorry for the confusion. Does this change anything? Will I still need a new fob? Thanks

Marc

Bb5z-19g364-a

Marc,

I just added remote start to my 2013 XLT(without power liftgate) using Ford Part#BB5Z-19G364-A. That part # basically gets you 2 new keys that have a remote start button where your current keys have the unused spot, identical to the ones shown in the pictures by 182RG. When you receive the keys, they'll need to be cut for you ignition, programmed to the car(the owners manual has information on this), and then you'll need to visit your dealer to have them enable remote start with a service computer.

-Brent

Cory, Again thanks for the help. I however don't have the trunk release on my vehicle. My key has lock/unlock and panic feature with the bottom right spot unused. Sorry for the confusion. Does this change anything? Will I still need a new fob? Thanks...
...I just added remote start to my 2013 XLT(without power liftgate) using Ford Part#BB5Z-19G364-A. That part # basically gets you 2 new keys that have a remote start button where your current keys have the unused spot, identical to the ones shown in the pictures by 182RG...
Marc,

I see Brent already jumped in on this (thanks, Brent!); I’ll run it by my adviser to be sure. :):thumbsup:

Cory

Brent,
Thanks for your info, if you don't mind me asking which remote start did you add?

Thanks

And Cory thanks for your help as well.

Marc

Bb5z-19g364-a

Marc,

The only item needed is Ford Part#BB5Z-19G364-A that I mentioned previously. The remote start functionality is already built into your Explorer..... you just need to enable it and have a keyfob with the remote start function (which is what BB5Z-19G364-A contains).

Keep in mind it is only unidirectional and only works from as far away as your current keyfob. There are longer range and bidirectional systems available from Ford that require extra hardware to be installed as well as a separate remote.

-Brent

...And Cory thanks for your help as well.

Marc
...The only item needed is Ford Part#BB5Z-19G364-A that I mentioned previously. The remote start functionality is already built into your Explorer..... you just need to enable it and have a keyfob with the remote start function (which is what BB5Z-19G364-A contains)...
Marc & Brent,

It looks like this is an open and shut case; I’ll circle back when I get confirmation. :popcorn:

Cory

Now dont get me wrong true ford fan love my 2013 ex xlt but, why in the world would ford not offer a factory remote start on a xlt??? I mean come on you can get a factory remote start on any Gm? I wouldn't tell any GM man this because they will get a laugh trust me, especially when you show them the extra fob you need to carry around if you have a power gate. Unbelievable really 35000 plus and this is what you get a big key and a fob to carry around wouldn't be so bad if it was 1995

Hood Switch

I did not need to get a hood switch as my XLT already had one. You should be able to easily check yours to confirm you also have one.

-Brent

Thanks Brent,
so how would I check, I would hate to order the part (key) and then discover I have to wait for the switch kit.
Marc

...And Cory thanks for your help as well...
...The only item needed is Ford Part#BB5Z-19G364-A that I mentioned previously...
Now dont get me wrong true ford fan love my 2013 ex xlt but, why in the world would ford not offer a factory remote start on a xlt...
Marc, Brent, & 2013EX,

My tech adviser replied saying as long as you don’t have the power lift gate function on the key fob, you can use that kit.

...so how would I check, I would hate to order the part (key) and then discover I have to wait for the switch kit...
I’ll do some quick checking with him about your switch kit question, Marc.

Cory

Brent, you got two keys with this part number because the item description states only one.

Marc

2 Keys

Marc,

That is correct. The kit came with 2 keys. I believe the online description is wrong.

-Brent

Marc, Brent, & 2013EX,

My tech adviser replied saying as long as you don’t have the power lift gate function on the key fob, you can use that kit.

I’ll do some quick checking with him about your switch kit question, Marc.

Cory

Without the power liftgate you use the kit that has the 4 button IKT's. With the power liftgate you use the kit with 5 button IKT's. Can't post PDF's here for some reason but it has the picture and instructions.

...That is correct. The kit came with 2 keys. I believe the online description is wrong...
Without the power liftgate you use the kit that has the 4 button IKT's. With the power liftgate you use the kit with 5 button IKT's...
Brent & Riley,

It’s great to see all the community support! I forwarded this info to my adviser.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Without the power liftgate you use the kit that has the 4 button IKT's. With the power liftgate you use the kit with 5 button IKT's. Can't post PDF's here for some reason but it has the picture and instructions.

Thanks Riley. Can you please advise the part # for the remote start included the 5 button IKT's?

Bobby:salute:

Back