Considering defaulting my deposit.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Considering defaulting my deposit....

maple39

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
After I showed up at dealer today to order my trunk cover for my pending explorer, I walked out feeling like they didn't appreciate my business. I simply waited 20 minutes to speak to someone, and was the only customer in the place. Then, when finally asked"what do you want" in a rude manner, I asked my question about length of time for delivery of said piece. I was rudely advised they he didn't know and that I'd have to wait for my salesman, who he didn't believe was working today. This is the third consecutive experience such as this that I've had whilst waiting on my car to be delivered.

I think it's worth losing 1k to not give this dealership any more of my money. I wish there were an icon for 'super pissed'

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you feel uncomfortable when they have some of your money how will you feel whe they jave all of it?

After I showed up at dealer today to order my trunk cover for my pending explorer, I walked out feeling like they didn't appreciate my business. I simply waited 20 minutes to speak to someone, and was the only customer in the place. Then, when finally asked"what do you want" in a rude manner, I asked my question about length of time for delivery of said piece. I was rudely advised they he didn't know and that I'd have to wait for my salesman, who he didn't believe was working today. This is the third consecutive experience such as this that I've had whilst waiting on my car to be delivered.

I think it's worth losing 1k to not give this dealership any more of my money. I wish there were an icon for 'super pissed'
Did you speak to a salesman or the parts department? If it were me, I would have spoken to my salesman to see if he could work out some kind of deal to include the item or discount it as part of the deal. If he wasn't there I would speak directly with the parts department. The parts department service at my dealership is outstanding and I got my salesman to throw in the splash guards free as part of my deal. I assume you are speaking about the cargo mat?
I wouldn't risk losing the deposit but I would definitely go to another dealer for servicing once you get the Explorer and tell the dealer manager why you are doing so.

Peter

If you really want to get them back bring your ex to this dealer for the warranty work. My dealer hates warranty work; they told me Ford gives them less and less money each year to do the work.

Um, just tell them you want your deposit back. Legally they cannot keep it.

As an example, we had a dealer take a deposit on an ordered-to-build car. Customer changed their mind, dealer now has $120k VERY taste specific vehicle sitting on their lot...

My dealer only required a $500 deposit, and they told me that if I didn't like the Sport they would give me my $ back. I bet if you went down and asked for your $ back, their customer service would improve. Better yet, call another dealer and get a quote from them. I bet they would beat your original dealer and want your business. If you get something in writing your original dealer might change his tune, mine did.

My dealer only required a $500 deposit, and they told me that if I didn't like the Sport they would give me my $ back. I bet if you went down and asked for your $ back, their customer service would improve. Better yet, call another dealer and get a quote from them. I bet they would beat your original dealer and want your business. If you get something in writing your original dealer might change his tune, mine did.

Totally agree. The economy is not that good for new cars that the dealers can treat anyone Sh!tty. Talk to some other dealers, and then after you got your deposit back spend it elsewhere

All good advice above. Vote with your wallet. Negotiate a better deal with another dealership. Cancel your current order, and request your deposit back. Done.

BTW - you probably don't want the trunk cover - make sure you see one before you part with any cash...

I have one (ordered with the car) and it was not at all what I was expecting - I wish I knew what I was ordering... I was expecting a rolling type luggage cover as in previous explorers - it isn't that - has no storage location and is fiddly & awkward to put on/take off

Don't let them piss you off so much you give them $1000....

Alan

i went to a dealership in new jersey, dealership name is jersey city ford. i was trying to purchase my explorer there and i gave them 500 dollars deposit for them to deliver the vehicle within 2 days. i called 2 days to ask if my explorer has arrive yet. they said not yet and gave me really bad manners. so i didnt really like the service that they are giving me. i told them i dont want the car anymore since they dont have my car yet which they said they will have it in 2 days. i said i want my deposit back they kept on pushing me around saying oh this department deals with refunds and i called my salesman he said his manager does it. so i called the manager and he said my salesman does it. it was so frustrating that i called my bank and told them the whole saturation. the bank helped me do a claim. after that i got my money back. that took 2 weeks. some dealerships just dont care about you after you put your deposit.

It is true that they legally can't keep your deposit. Tell them you want to cancel the deal and you want your $1,000 back. If you have to, dispute it with your bank or credit card company.

Sound like Bill Pierre Ford in Seattle. Nasty place.

I almost bought a used one from them... glad I stayed local when I finally did pull the trigger

Just curious if you NW guys have ever dealt with Evergreen, Kirkland or Bellevue Ford?

Just curious if you NW guys have ever dealt with Evergreen, Kirkland or Bellevue Ford?

I bought my 02 F150 Harley edition from Bellevue when I was stationed in Bangor. It was a while ago, but they were a little pushy. Ford only made 5k silver ones so I didn't have a lot of choice in dealers since not all dealers even got a truck then.

I went to Kirkland first when I decided to buy the Explorer, I was looking for the Kodiak Brown and the salesperson was very pushy and wanted me to buy one of the black ones in stock. I told them I wanted to see the Kodiak Brown one first before I made a decision and I went to Bellevue.
Bellevue only had one and was already sold, so I checked online and saw that Evergreen had 3 of them in stock, fully loaded so I went there and bought it.
I did all my research online before I went to the dealer, went to Kirkland at noon and drove off the Evergreen lot at 6pm with my new Kodiak Brown Explorer :)

I went to Kirkland first when I decided to buy the Explorer, I was looking for the Kodiak Brown and the salesperson was very pushy and wanted me to buy one of the black ones in stock. I told them I wanted to see the Kodiak Brown one first before I made a decision and I went to Bellevue.
Bellevue only had one and was already sold, so I checked online and saw that Evergreen had 3 of them in stock, fully loaded so I went there and bought it.
I did all my research online before I went to the dealer, went to Kirkland at noon and drove off the Evergreen lot at 6pm with my new Kodiak Brown Explorer :)

Would you buy from Evergreen again? (if/when you're ready to buy of course)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, just walked out of Ford dealer without car because not only was it missing items, but I was misled on rebates and such. All ford websites say one thing, then dealer says another. Now they're stuck with this car. Only bad thing, was I walked home in snow quite a ways. Off to find a new car and haggle about getting my deposit back. Rubbish!

Back