Arm Rest Cover Replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arm Rest Cover Replacement

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
has anyone purchased a Prairie Tan arm rest cover from Zealous Interiors and been happy with the color match? i ordered one in Prairie Tan and what they sent me looks absolutely BROWN. they're telling me that what they sent me is correct and that slight color differences are to be expected. i'm emailing them a picture today. the color's not even close and i'm not being overly fussy about it, after all it's a 13 year old truck.

is there another supplier that offers a better cover/color?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never bought from them. But looking at their sample pictures, they have a tan and a brown. I wonder if they just mixed the colors. Would you be better off at the scrap yard for something like this?

Never bought from them. But looking at their sample pictures, they have a tan and a brown. I wonder if they just mixed the colors. Would you be better off at the scrap yard for something like this?

the problem with finding an arm rest in the bone yard is that they're almost always torn. if this color is as close as i'm gonna get i guess i can live with it, but first i need to determine if they sent me the Prairie Tan or Saddle color.

Contact Zealous Interiors. I am sure Andrew will answer any questions you have.

I just bought a Prairie Green cover. Mine is not 100% match, but it is pry as close as an aftermarket cover could get.

dunno about them, but I bought a tan replacement on ebay, for about 10-20 bucks and it matched perfectly on my interior

Contact Zealous Interiors. I am sure Andrew will answer any questions you have.

I just bought a Prairie Green cover. Mine is not 100% match, but it is pry as close as an aftermarket cover could get.

i have been in touch with Andrew. he's very responsive to my emails. at this point i will be taking a pic of my arm rest next to the cover he sent me and we'll go from there. i'm okay with less than a 100% match.

dunno about them, but I bought a tan replacement on ebay, for about 10-20 bucks and it matched perfectly on my interior

what color is your interior?

Tan,....hence I bought a tan one.....I can probably check eBay to see what seller.

I bought a light grey cover from him and it matched exactly.

Tan,....hence I bought a tan one.....I can probably check eBay to see what seller.

yeah, i guess we were talking about tan... but others were chiming in with comments on other colors. i don't suppose you remember who you purchased it from?

I just sent the following email to Andrew at Zealous Interiors. (Who knew?)

Andrew,

Well I installed the arm rest cover. It turned out pretty well, but in retrospect I wish I'd used the old cover as an exact pattern. I think if I had I would have eliminated the wrinkles in the corners completely, but it still looks very good. All the while I was stapling the cover on I'm thinking... I hope this color won't look too bad in the truck. I finished reinstalling the bottom and take it out to the truck, install the lid back on the console and close it. To my amazement, the color match is almost perfect! The match is actually closer than the link you suggested I look at.

I'm baffled, and then I think I know what the difference is. It's the green'ish tint of the windows. It completely changes the appearance of the color. When I'd first received your cover material, I unrolled it and immediately thought (this looks brown). Then I showed it to my wife, and she thought it looked brown too. When I'd removed the arm rest lid from the truck I'd taken it into the house to compare it to your material. Comparing it that way the color is way off and that prompted my first color related email to you.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. Based on my experience, maybe you should consider telling people to do the color comparison in the vehicle, in the sun. It makes a huge difference.

Thanks again, and have a great Thanksgiving!

Phil.

ebay seller was mtr-city( 5193) .... Ford Explorer Console LID/ARMREST Kit 97 98 99 00 01 (290301813154) ... for 14.55 (12.40$ plus 2.15 shipping).

So far it has lasted pretty good, bough on 5/22/2012

ebay seller was mtr-city( 5193) .... Ford Explorer Console LID/ARMREST Kit 97 98 99 00 01 (290301813154) ... for 14.55 (12.40$ plus 2.15 shipping).

So far it has lasted pretty good, bough on 5/22/2012

Thanks.

I replaced Prairie Tan leather console cover in July of last year. $25 from fixmyford.com. Excellent color match and quality.

thanks bobflood, i eventually resolved the issue with zealous interior. part of the problem was the difference the green tinted window glass made to the color match. it's quite remarkable. on a scale of 1-10 i'd rate the color match (in the vehicle) a 9 and i'm satisfied with the result.

I stopped by my local interior shop and had them match the color out of their leftover material. When he found the match I asked him if he could put it on the lid for me. I paid $10 installed :)

This doesn't look good for the reader that doesn't get to the end of the post! I've been selling these covers for 6.5 years now. My material is just as good or better than any of the competitors :)

Back