Things you need to fix and things you HAVE to fix | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Things you need to fix and things you HAVE to fix

indybyron

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Wayne Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer
:exp:

Ok now that my Eddie Bauer is up and running again I have my list of other things I need to fix or replace on the Bauer. What items do you need to fix and replace and what do you want to fix and replace?

Here is my list.

Things i need to replace and fix.

1. Tie rods Inner and outer.
2. Leaf spring shackles they are rusting out also will replace the leaf springs at the same time.
3. Shocks all around.
4. The blower resister so i have more then hurricane speed on the blower.
there probably more but at the moment i cant think of any.

Things i would like to replace or repair
1. Cd player has not work in forever.
2. Center consul arm rest is cracked and is missing the cover in one spot just happens to be where my elbow sits.
3. Fix a hole in the passenger rear wheel well where the metal has rusted away.
4. passenger side rear door window motor.

There that isn't such a huge list of things to do. :hammer::hammer:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm right in the middle of a rebuild on my 4.0 ohv so .....

NEED
1.new push rods and rockers
2.exhaust bolts
3.head bolts
4. Need new front ball joints, the rubber boot is completly cracked

WANT
1.new front bumper and grill , current grill is cracked and bumper is dented
2. New 33" tires, currently running 32's
3.new interior door grab handles
4. Long travel

Need:
Tranny shudder, the infamous 4r70w
extra tranny cooler
engine tick, maybe ping? maybe egr? maybe headers who knows

Want:
drivers door lock
steering dead spot
add a manual tcase

NEED:
Driver door lock
Front left hub

WANT:
Rear Park Assist (Impossible to find parts for, I've tried)
e-brake

I think that's it.

Thread is old but I'll play.
Need on 91
motor replacement (block is clogged with decaying oil, 4 years of 15-40 with 6000 miles)
Alignment after tierod and steering replaced.

Have to fix
The distance gap between Austin TX and Little Rock AR (after 4 years of not being able to drive it sucks)
Ebrake doesn't work

Need to fix on 96 EB
Wicked transmission leak (leaks at the same rate I put fluid in)
Rack and pinion leaks when wheel is in anyother position then on ground
Engine RPM sits around 1.5k (I never have to touch the gas pedal with as short a drive to work)

Have to fix
Ebrake doesn't work
Driver window off tracks
Auto dimming mirror wiring
Radio amp bad
radio and temp control on steering wheel no worky
AC no worky either

I think that's it

Hey its never old. its just not used much.

Things I NEED to fix:
-Rust spots, it'll rot the entire body.
-Rear windshield wiper motor
-Loose running board
That's about it. But I WANT to fix:
-paint after rust repair
-various paint chips
-dent in passengers door
-chipped paint on grille
-rust on bumpers
-chipped paint on winshield wiper blades
-height of drivers seat
-rear cupholders
-rear radio controls
-CD changer

Have to's:
Brake lines, calipers, rotors, parking brakes-i.e., everything brake except master, booster, and abs module

Need to's:
Front suspension and steering, shocks, rear sway arm linkage and bushings, tires, fuel lines, tune up, complete fluid change, abs speed sensors, find out why cel is on and fix that

Want to's:
door latches, hood latch cable, rear hatch, clutch, rocker panels, get satellite radio, exhaust including cat conv., add fuel pump access hatch to rear floor

Maybe more, haven't driven the thing on the street in a year now, just moved it around the back yard when it was in the way, but just got the money to do at least all the have to's and most of the need to's at least. Some of the other stuff is more time and energy than money.

Russ

Have to:
Get motor running right (studders and doesnt like idle, also idles too low, suckin more gas than a hummer). Thinkin IAC. Vaccum is ok and replaced intake gaskets.
CEL is on...again
Get my k&n cai back on once the above two are fixed to get my power and economy back

Need to:
Oil change with k&n filter (buddy of mine used one with excellent results. I'm sick of frams' useless sh*t)
Oil undercoat
Fix the rest of the drivers floor pan.
Get a new tailgate. It's so rotten on the bottom that theres nothing on the bottom haha.

Want to:
LSD rear end...trying to find one is impossible...but if i can find one for 200 its better than a $600 kit from summit.
SCT SF3 and then custom tune
Paint front bumper and rear bumper cover in the spring.
Rear leaf spring swap to get rid of gangster lean and give me tow capabilities...
-7pin wiring with brake

Have done: New motor, new exhaust, front end parts after minor accident, new drivers seat, brown wire mod, rust repair in trunk, couple of oil changes, tranny oil and filter change, new gasket after leak in old one after oil change, rear end oil change, transfer case seal, rear end seal, front rotors, new filler neck, o-rings in valve going to canister, fuel filter, tensioners on new motor, completely ground all rust off rear bumper and rocker guarded it, 50 hours of body work to completely re-do passenger side rocker and dog leg, as well as fix crap job previous owner did on drivers side rocker and dog leg, and then fill in all the plastic mount holes, and paint it and then rocker guard the bottom, new starter (rebuilding old one), new alternator, Needed a patch on a tire. Disabled ABS cause it almost caused a accident...all in one year...Hmmmm....I think that's it! AHAHA

Back