• Register Today It's free!

Lackys Registry

Ladies and Gentlemen....

I give you...

A Ford Explorer!!!!!

DSC_0030_no_plate.jpg

Hooray for being elite!

now if I only had money for Mods...

and I would like to say thanks to all the people who have helped me with my problems, and I assure you, there will be many more silly questions asked by me!

UPDATE!!! 10/12/10

New Pitchers:

d520cc2e.jpg

91227e17.jpg

More new ones:

e302c612.jpg

c9bea3d9.jpg

c11a6d07.jpg

7e933601.jpg

I'm slowly gathering parts to add a 1354M and will eventually SAS with a D30

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GAH!!! so, I didn't get the used tires mounted. a little used tire shop wanted $70 fricken dollars to mount and balance them. gee whiz. and I went into Americas tire, and they wouldn't touch em with a ten foot pole. three of them are pretty darn worn, and the one with decent tread is too old.

so, I think I'm going to save up for new tires instead. It'll be a few months I think but It'll be worth it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm suprised that I'm getting a decent tax return :D

I'll be putting my order in with treadwright sometime next week I think.
I still haven't decided what I'm getting though. I'm for sure going with 31x10.5xR15. I'm pretty sure i'm going to get the BFG A/T KO knockoffs. they call them the "Warden" A/T's. I'm pretty stoked.

I'm also looking to get a mini-spool, as its going to be retired from daily driver duty once school starts up in the spring.

and I'll be getting the much needed 4x4 transmission and manual shift transfer case that I've had my eyes on.

AND I'm almost finished with a full length roof rack. its going to feature 4 100W lights of the same variety that are my bumper. and I will also be installing some fog lights on the front bumper as my headlights seem very inadequate on foggy nights.

lots of fun stuff planned, just gotta get the ball rollin'

gonna go pick up my new tires here shortly. I didn't get the treadwrights as i needed the money for school stuff. instead I found a good set of 32x11.50s for $200. I'll get them mounted up on my new cragers and get some pics tomorrow. I don't think they'll fit without a little lift, so I might need to build shackles and throw in a set of V8 torsion bars I have laying around.

I'm so excited its ridiculous :D

well this is cool. I actually accomplished something with my truck :D

I picked up the tires yesterday and threw them on. It looks EXACTLY how I wanted it to look! I only had a little bit of trimming to do. the only rubbing is on the front tupperware with the wheel half turned going in reverse lol. I might pull that tupperware out seeing as I don't do any mudslinging, then i wont rub at all.

I cant wait to post pics! oh and I didn't have to lift it. I was a little suprised

teasers!

better pics when the weather improves

f96a2885.jpg

and this is an idea of what I'm doing with my roof rack. I need to buy gas for the welder so I can finish it up. stupid welder >:^/

eaecda17.jpg

Lookin' good. How do those 32"s fit? I have 4 door leaf packs with AAL ready to install this spring, and ill be throwing shackles and a TT on as well. I have been leaning towards 31"s myself just to be safe, and to save my gas mileage.

thanks, the 32s fit great! I just have four door leaf packs and a little bit of TT. I had to do a tiny bit of trimming. I'll be sure to get a good pic of it. and it only rubs in one spot on the tupperware. I'm gonna remove it and void the problem entirely.

finished up my roof rack! now it just needs some more lights :D

640d1a3e.jpg

I'm doing some shopping around and saving up for a re-gear. the 3.73's work, but I'm bumping up to 4.33's. I want low end torque!

So I'm looking to upgrade gears and I'm not sure what to go with. I'm running 32's right now but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna want to bump up to 33's when I go SAS. I think 4:56 would be a good gear for the 33's but is it gonna be too much gear for the 32's? This truck no longer sees any freeway action or daily driver use. I'll drive it out to scotts mills for some trail rides every now and again.

Well crap muffins.

I'm taking my truck to the mechanics in the morning to finally get this check engine light figured out. That's not even the crap part: I developed an oil leak in the last couple days!! My oil pan and tranny are coated :mad:

I dont think it's gonna be a cheap visit to the car doctor....

Well I finally have my CEL turned off! I was pulling a P0141 and P0142 both banks running lean. It ended up being a major vacuum leak at the IAC gasket and the IAC itself, and the vapor purge valve on the charcoal canister.

I still have the oil leaks, since the shop wanted serious money to replace the seals. I will do the seals one by one each weekend I have time. The problems are the front main, rear main, and a little bit from the oil pan.

What wheel is that? I cannot for the life of me remember where to get those!
thanks

Back