Ford Remote Start Accessory | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Remote Start Accessory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did not need to get a hood switch as my XLT already had one. You should be able to easily check yours to confirm you also have one...
...so how would I check, I would hate to order the part (key) and then discover I have to wait for the switch kit...
My adviser got back to me, guys. He told me the hood switch would be located near the front driver’s side on the radiator support. It will look like a small plunger type switch that is contacted by the hood when the hood is closed.

Brent, you got two keys with this part number because the item description states only one...
...That is correct. The kit came with 2 keys. I believe the online description is wrong...
He also confirmed the kit does come with two keys; it’s a misprint on the website.

Cory

Thanks very much for all your help Cory. Ordered my kit and having the programing done tomorrow.

Marc

Thanks a Mil!!!

My adviser got back to me, guys. He told me the hood switch would be located near the front driver’s side on the radiator support. It will look like a small plunger type switch that is contacted by the hood when the hood is closed.

He also confirmed the kit does come with two keys; it’s a misprint on the website.

Cory

Just ordered mine today.

Thank you to all for their assistance and clarification with this. Kudos to all.

Bobby :salute::D

Ford Bi-Directional Remote Start

Has anyone had the bi-directional remote start installed on their Explorer? We have a 2013 Ford Explorer XLT and we were thinking about installing one on it. I've seen them listed in Fords accessory catalog. They are suppose to be plug & play. The price on it is reasonable. Any comments on this would be appreciated! Here is a link on it. http://accessories.ford.com/bi-directional.html

Instead of having that one installed, have your dealer give you the factory one. You get a new factory keyfob like you current one but it has the remote start button on it. Then the dealer connects their IDS computer to your truck and enables remote start in the trucks computer. Most dealers don't know that it's possible to do this on '11-'13 Explorer and '13 Flex's. Basically here is the procedure, no add on devices necessary or wires to cut. Best part about this way is all the remote start menus are accessible in the gauge cluster such as climate functions and duration.

-Get key from dealer and have it cut.
-Program new key to vehicle (must have 2 already programmed keys to do this yourself or dealer can also do it) Takes about 1 min to do.
-Have dealer turn on remote start with IDS tool. About a 15 min job.

Make sure to get the correct key for you truck. Either with power liftgate (5 button), or without it (4 button).

Here is the thread on the correct part numbers depending on which keyfob you need, pages 3-4.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333902

Instead of having that one installed, have your dealer give you the factory one. You get a new factory keyfob like you current one but it has the remote start button on it. Then the dealer connects their IDS computer to your truck and enables remote start in the trucks computer. Most dealers don't know that it's possible to do this on '11-'13 Explorer and '13 Flex's. Basically here is the procedure, no add on devices necessary or wires to cut. Best part about this way is all the remote start menus are accessible in the gauge cluster such as climate functions and duration.

-Get key from dealer and have it cut.
-Program new key to vehicle (must have 2 already programmed keys to do this yourself or dealer can also do it) Takes about 1 min to do.
-Have dealer turn on remote start with IDS tool. About a 15 min job.

Make sure to get the correct key for you truck. Either with power liftgate (5 button), or without it (4 button).

Here is the thread on the correct part numbers depending on which keyfob you need, pages 3-4.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333902
Checked that thread out. The part number listed is for the 4 button key fob. Ours has the power liftgate, so I would need the 5 button key fob. Did some searching on Fords web site & could not find a 5 button fob listed anywhere. Would you happen to have a part number for the 5 button key fob?

5 button keyfob kit. DA8Z-19G364-A Set of two keys.

5 button keyfob kit. DA8Z-19G364-A Set of two keys.

Riley, I appreciate your help. But when I check that part number in fords accessory catalog,it shows it's for a 4 button key. Could the catalog be wrong? Just want to be sure I order the right one. Thanks again,

The picture is incorrect. Without power liftgate the number is BB5Z-19G364-A (4 button). If you only need one key instead of two (about half the cost) you can just order them separately, although I'm not sure of the individual part numbers. Easiest way to get the correct 5 button key is to give your dealer a vin from a '13 Flex SEL with the 202A package as I do believe it's the only vehicle with a power liftgate, remote start and uses an actual key. Here is a vin you could use that would give you what you want.

2FMGK5C83DBD21196

Just ordered mine today.

Thank you to all for their assistance and clarification with this. Kudos to all.

Bobby :salute::D

Bobby,

Did you get the DA8Z-19G364-A 5-button option installed yet? How did it go? Was it as expected with functionality kept for the liftgate. What kind of price point was the installation or programming charges? This is what I have been looking for, but have not been able to get any information on a 5 key system, and have been receiving lots of conflicting service charge quotes.

(the picture shows only 4 buttons, causing some confusion)

THANKS

Bobby,

Did you get the DA8Z-19G364-A 5-button option installed yet? How did it go? Was it as expected with functionality kept for the liftgate. What kind of price point was the installation or programming charges? This is what I have been looking for, but have not been able to get any information on a 5 key system, and have been receiving lots of conflicting service charge quotes.

THANKS

Hello SterlingGrayXLT,

I have not received the DA8Z-19G364-A 5-botton box from my supplier, www.patscheap.com, it is on backorder. I have not discussed the sequence with my dealer as I am planning to do the work over the holidays (vacation).
Although I have not experienced the option as of yet, I trust the comments in this thread are pretty much convincing for me to venture myself to other the part.
I talked to partscheap.com via email and they confirmed it is a 5 button IKT similar to the pic attached.
As soon as I am done completing the option will revert with comments.

Bobby

Attachments

• strattec1_10250642 (1)  DA8Z-19G364-A.jpg
    strattec1_10250642 (1) DA8Z-19G364-A.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,769

Bobby,

THANKS

A friend of mine just had this system installed, it is indeed the correct number for the 5 button keyfob. Had it done at Jack Demmer Ford in Wayne, Mi (ask for Scott in Parts). They have about 12 kits in stock and charge $95 to turn it on. Even though it takes about 10 min to get into the PCM to enable it they charge for an hours worth of labor, but it's still better and cheaper than having any wires cut to install another type. They will even cut your keys right there for free if you give them your vin#.

Hello SterlingGrayXLT,

I have not received the DA8Z-19G364-A 5-botton box from my supplier, www.patscheap.com, it is on backorder. I have not discussed the sequence with my dealer as I am planning to do the work over the holidays (vacation).
Although I have not experienced the option as of yet, I trust the comments in this thread are pretty much convincing for me to venture myself to other the part.
I talked to partscheap.com via email and they confirmed it is a 5 button IKT similar to the pic attached.
As soon as I am done completing the option will revert with comments.

Bobby

Sequence:
Order new keyfobs
Take keyfobs to dealer with vin# to have cut
Program new keys to vehicle with instructions from owners manual
(dealer can also do programming but it's a 1 min process to do yourself)
Take vehicle with new key to dealer to enable PCM with IDS tool
Or:
Dealer can do entire process but might charge more.

Thanks Riley. Is there a way you can upload the instructions you have in PDF? Just curious to see them before arrival of my order.

Bobby

Thanks Riley. Is there a way you can upload the instructions you have in PDF? Just curious to see them before arrival of my order.

Bobby

PM me your email since this board wont let me upload PDF's? There's not much to the instructions though, just outlines the two different keyfobs, how to access the remote start menu with the IDS and how to install the hood pin kit if needed.

PM me your email since this board wont let me upload PDF's? There's not much to the instructions though, just outlines the two different keyfobs, how to access the remote start menu with the IDS and how to install the hood pin kit if needed.

Hey Riley,

Thanks for the email. Received in good order. (BTW-my kit is heading this way).

Bobby:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, we went with the 5 button remote start keys & had it programed to our Explorer. Works great! Also, they did the new my ford touch update while they had it. They said there is a recall on this that will be coming out soon.

Back