Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 55 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No problem man. Youve helped me so much this doesnt even put a dent in it lol. Make sure to get a heavy duty spring too. Any softer and I think it would move too much going down the road and if you don't have one you'll run the risk of breaking the antenna if it's Fiberglas.

Just be careful with trees, branches, etc... with the whip sticking up there like that even with a spring. I know if I had it on my truck like that and doing the trails we have around here it would get taken out in the first mile if not faster.

The spring does a good job of soaking up the blow. Most of the trees here are covered in low hanging branches too.

thanks for the tips fellas, my magnet mount antenna has just taken a beating and its literally being held together with tape right now and doesnt have nearly the range it used to. im going to go with a firestik with a nice burly spring too. when im on the trails i dont run into too many low hanging branches, but the ones that i have slapped my magnet mount to hell, not to mention all of the parking garages in the city that are made for smart cars. whenever we drive into oakland or SF these days we always plan to take our other car.

i think the firestik setup will be much nicer than what i have going on right now. just gotta get to the 22nd, and my company will be on paid vacation until jan 3 2013, that means plenty of garage time for me! tons of fun!

merry xmas fellas!

Nice to see videos of guys wheelin'.

Just a couple very important suggestions though.

1. Get a better spotter, lol.

2. Slower is better (I thought you were gonna tear your rearend right out of the truck when he had you turn into the boulder) and you floored it. Gassing it like you did is how you break ujoints, tie rod ends (when you hit something too hard, too fast), and tear up the transmission.

Again, just looking out for ya man. Have fun out there but remember, slower is better, crawl over the rocks, give it a bump if needed but never floor it like that if you wanna wheel your truck for a long time.

Let's see some more videos...

Appreciate it Jerry. From the top this trail looks really easy but if you saw the rocks from below they are a lot bigger and I couldn't get over them with crawling.

You are right though, I had a little bit of a heavy foot to start out. That was the first trail we ran.

Griffin, they're 17x9s. But I do get some rub on the sway bar and full stuff/full lock

How'd you do on the other trails? I did feel like we took it a little easy when I was there, which I needed to do anyway. Other than nearly losing the truck to a watery grave of course.

I am itching to get out on the trails again.

thanks for the input patrick, i checked out your registry and its helping me haha. to avoid confusion, i'll post in the show off thread.

2. Slower is better (I thought you were gonna tear your rearend right out of the truck when he had you turn into the boulder) and you floored it. Gassing it like you did is how you break ujoints, tie rod ends (when you hit something too hard, too fast), and tear up the transmission.

Again, just looking out for ya man. Have fun out there but remember, slower is better, crawl over the rocks, give it a bump if needed but never floor it like that if you wanna wheel your truck for a long time.

everything rebel said! im not trying to insult your bud, but your lucky he didnt spot you right into some major body dings!

go slow, this old jeep guy told me, when your inching your way through, more power will usually result in breaking stuff.

keep the videos coming, i wish i had someone to shoot my runs, all my buddies are too lazy to get out of the truck.

How'd you do on the other trails? I did feel like we took it a little easy when I was there, which I needed to do anyway. Other than nearly losing the truck to a watery grave of course.

I am itching to get out on the trails again.

The truck handled them pretty well. I went up that real steep trail we didn't try when you were up there again and made it up without any new scratches this time. I tried a couple harder ones that definitely showed I need a locker because I couldn't get over one section. We also went down a trail that really tweaked out the suspension in one of the ravines which hung me up but with some patience I was able to get myself out of it. That watery grave got bigger since we were there too btw. There were quite a few mud traps with different rigs stuck in them most up to their axles although none were at a 45* angle lol

It never looks as burly or as technical on video as it does in person, I've seen enough videos to know that that was a squirly line! Keep the videos coming, your trac is a great ambassador for our rigs on the trail.

EEK! There at the end I about jumped out of my seat when you hit that rock! Nice vids tho! Get a GoPro for chirstmas and keep em coming :D

IMG_20121218_0734081_zps65033db7.jpg

603339_4823083853498_1992187589_n_zpsef997db6.jpg

Also, if you had at least a locked rear end you would not have to even gas it like that at all. I just roll around in second gear and it's like I'm driving a tank.

Nice vid though.:D

Yup I can fully appreciate a locker with everyone I wheel with. Some of the parts are cut out so it looks like I'm just going all put but believe me I try to crawl everything. I don't like to gas it like that because that's only begging to break something. I'm waiting to do my SAS before I dump any money into the thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back