Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 34 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ScottieJ59, you posted your question in a thread in a forum designed solely to show photos of your lifted Explorer... if you have questions and are shopping, you might get more replies by posting it in another place here, like the forum for modified 1995-2001 Explorers. Or, you can make it part of a post introducing yourself in the New Members forum. Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well I might as well post a couple updated pictures of mine....

1996 Explorer, manual 1354 Transfer Case, front axle is now "live" all the time, 4.88 gears front and rear. Mud Claw 33X12.50 15's (Cooper brand) Torsion Twist/Shackle Lift. No trimming needed.

IMG_0057_zps2c017884.jpg

How do you like the mud claws?

I really like them, they do great in the snow and trail riding. Like another mud tire, they're noisy on the road but that's alright.

Man Glen, who the hell did you get those tires to clear without trimming? i have removed almost 2" of fender and still cut the left front tire

Man Glen, who the hell did you get those tires to clear without trimming? i have removed almost 2" of fender and still cut the left front tire

I don't know how to reply to that...I've only the Tt in the front, the only place it rubs is at full lock when turned to the left the driver side rubs the truck frame it's self. I also don't have a sway bar front or rear at any time while driving.

Looks good Glen. That is impressive. I moved up to 32's and since I have a Mounty with the one piece bumper and valance they were rubbing big time. I have the TT/shackles as well but I ended up with a 2" BL to avoid trimming off a good portion of the bumper. What rims are they? Almost look like F-150 steelies.

Thanks. Haven't figured out what they are from honestly, they are steelies with a chrome over lay. They have Ford stamped on them. They were off of a first gen Ex I had before but I haven't seen these wheels on any small Ford trucks before.

It shouldn't rub fenders much if any at all with stock explorer/ranger wheels. Just frame and sway bar.

IMG_3174_zps5c57765b.jpg

Redid my headliner today!

image-11_zpsd8fa98dd.jpg

Also got my running boards trimmed up! (Used the old stock running boards to make these)

P.S. Birdy, I like the Ron Paul sticker :thumbsup::usa:

Love the camp it's real tree right I did mine with mossy oak.

I did the same thing to my stock running boards when I crushed the plastic running board.

If you go to a hardware store you can buy rubber plugs to put in the holes of the rocker panels.

I have mine plugged just to keep the water out.

nice ride! can't wait to get back to building mine.

Here's mine. '00 Eddie 5.0 with body lift, TT, shackles, 33x12.5 Duratracs on American Racing wheels.
myex1.jpg

i've been looking for this lift and shopping for those tires
i have the exact same truck as you can you post more pics as ive been searching for hrs

96 explorer xlt 4.0

430150_400335016722508_825340440_n_zpsb9a1c67e.jpg

All stock.
Soon to come, lift shackles and TT. How many times do i turn the torsion bar for a 2.5 lift?

All stock.
Soon to come, lift shackles and TT. How many times do i turn the torsion bar for a 2.5 lift?

there's no magic number. It depends on a lot of things.
which torsion bar rate, how sagged it currently is, condition of existing suspension components.

fwiw, with new control arms and torsion bars (1's iirc), I couldn't even get within OEM ride-height specs with the OEM torsion bar adjuster bolts.
I had to use longer bolts to get within the low-end of the spec.

Gavin is right, there's many variables, the bar code most of all. For instance my old torsion bar only got me 1 1/4. I got some used code 1 bars and then I got 2 inches. I have new code 1 bars now but Idk the lift with those cause I have a 4 inch Superlift kit now.

Back