• Register Today It's free!

v3.5.1 Map Zoom

baxterdown

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Has anyone noticed that in v3.5.1 the navigation map doesn't zoom in all the way like it used to? Setting the map to 0.05mi is now the equivalent of having it set to 1.0mi before.

The image below (just a representative image I found online) is a good example of what we no longer get with v3.5.1. You just cannot zoom all the way in like in here:

MyFord_SS07_610x362.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have noticed the same.

Also, It often resets the "view" as well. I have it set to "3D" view and every 4-5 times that I get in the EX and start it up, the view is reset to one of the 2D north views.

Are the actual maps updated with the new a4 card? I know the maps in my current nav (2011 x) seem to be really outdated. I built my house in 2009 in a development that has been around since 2005 and it's not in there along with numerous other outdated maps I've noticed.

I've noticed this as well

MFT is the epitome of one step forward--two steps back.

I have noticed the same.

Also, It often resets the "view" as well. I have it set to "3D" view and every 4-5 times that I get in the EX and start it up, the view is reset to one of the 2D north views.

I noticed when my MFT resets (at least once a week) sometimes my maps will not display the zoom buttons at all. I have to pull the SD card and re-insert to get it to show again. It also likes to re-index my USB drive once a week, and with ~2500 songs on it, it normally takes ~10-15 minutes for it to index and re-build voice commands. What's up with that?

Back