My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited

Just spoke with AutoAnything.
They are sold OUT of all three flavors of the DeeZee running boards.

Est. is 30 days for the black on black - over 45 days est. on the Chrome or Stainless Steel ones.

Good thing about waiting is that they confirmed that they do include all the mounting hardware in their LOW, LOW price and there is no need to buy the seperate mounting hardware that DeeZee sells.

If I could only get Amazon to price match!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dumb question but why do you need to remove the wheels to get mudflaps on? Cant fit wrench in there or 90 degree screwdriver?

Just finalized deal on my white platinum limited. Your photos reinforce why the white was worth an extra 15 bucks a month! lol---

Dumb question but why do you need to remove the wheels to get mudflaps on? Cant fit wrench in there or 90 degree screwdriver?

Just finalized deal on my white platinum limited. Your photos reinforce why the white was worth an extra 15 bucks a month! lol---
If I'm not mistaken, I thought I read that either the front or rear requires a hole to be drilled. Not positive though. I had the dealer supply and install them as part of the deal.
Welcome aboard ColnagoRider.:wavey: Hope you enjoy your new ride.

Peter

As I recall, a small hole needs to be drilled into the plastic cladding for the install.

Just spoke with AutoAnything.
They are sold OUT of all three flavors of the DeeZee running boards.

Est. is 30 days for the black on black - over 45 days est. on the Chrome or Stainless Steel ones.

Good thing about waiting is that they confirmed that they do include all the mounting hardware in their LOW, LOW price and there is no need to buy the seperate mounting hardware that DeeZee sells.

If I could only get Amazon to price match!!!

I ordered my black on black on 2/22. Brackets shipped within 1-2 days and I just received the running boards yesterday. Quality looks pretty good - very similar to the Honda OEM boards I installed on my Pilot (cost over $600). I will install later this week.

Can you post pics of doors open to show protrusion of running boards

Very Nice! I got the same vehicle a few month ago and am already making adjustments to make it look exactly like this! Great taste!!!!

Got the tints done, running board and mud flaps being ordered this upcoming weekend. I am also going to get the rear bumper cover below.

BB5Z-17B807-A.jpg

Very Nice! I got the same vehicle a few month ago and am already making adjustments to make it look exactly like this! Great taste!!!!

Got the tints done, running board and mud flaps being ordered this upcoming weekend. I am also going to get the rear bumper cover below.

BB5Z-17B807-A.jpg
I have that same cover but would have opted for another one had I known about it. The other actually covers the lip. Check out the following thread;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334244&highlight=bumper+cover+protector

Peter

Nice.. Unfortunately I already placed the order. The lip sound like the way to go but I also like the lettering on the one I ordered.

Noticed that the pics showed front sensors on the bumper... Mine didn't come with that. Was it an additional add-on? Do you have the self parking option?

After seeing the bumper with the lip, I would have rather gone with that option... We'll see how I like the one I ordered earlier.

Noticed that the pics showed front sensors on the bumper... Mine didn't come with that. Was it an additional add-on? Do you have the self parking option?
If you are referring to the sensors on the side of the front fenders, those are for the Park Assist option.

Which model/year do you have? It would be very helpful if you showed that info in the left margin. That way it would help members in giving you the correct info to any concerns or questions you may have in the future. Some answers are model specific.

Peter

]Pete, thanks for the tip, I'll update the specs tomorrow.

My vehicle is a 2012 explorer limited just like the pics in the beginning of this thread. I have the DVD's & tow option. Only thing I do not have is the park assist and the mirrors that can sense vehicles getting too close.

Would you know how much these modules for the park assist and mirrors would cost?

Robert
61455_10200235100587983_203818705_n.jpg

]Pete, thanks for the tip, I'll update the specs tomorrow.

My vehicle is a 2012 explorer limited just like the pics in the beginning of this thread. I have the DVD's & tow option. Only thing I do not have is the park assist and the mirrors that can sense vehicles getting too close.

Would you know how much these modules for the park assist and mirrors would cost?

Robert
Hi Robert. I doubt that you would be able to have the Active Park Assist installed. It operates in conjunction with the front and rear sensors and also the electronic steering. The sensors are also used when looking for a spot to determine if the vehicle will fit in the space.
As for the BLIS system, it does not actually operate from the mirrors. The mirrors only show, by virtue of an integrated yellow light, when a vehicle or something is in your blind spot. The actual radar sensors are hidden and mounted behind the bumper fascia rearward of the rear wheels. I have this system and I still installed and rely on the small 2" convex mirrors I stuck on the outside mirrors. You might be able to have this system installed but I'm not sure and have no idea of cost.
If you go to ford.com and check out the Explorer accessories, you will see that there is another type of park assist available for those with the tow package. It looks to be a fairly basic warning system only. HitchScanTM Rear Park Assist Sensor and Hitch Step by EchoMaster®
http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/accessories/#page=Feature3

Good luck.

Peter

I do currently have the reverse camera and sensors already. I will be taking a look on the ford site.

Thanks again!

Rob...

I do currently have the reverse camera and sensors already. I will be taking a look on the ford site.

Thanks again!

Rob...

Hi Rob,

I recommend spending some time at http://accessories.ford.com/; by entering your vehicle information, you can find all kinds of fun add-ons that are perfect for your specific Explorer. You can also set up a wish list in case any of your friends need some good ideas for your next birthday. :D

Have fun exploring!

Crystal

Thanks again!

Rob...

Park Assist and BLIS cannot be added after the fact, must be ordered that way.

Yup, found that out recently... Also, seems that many Ford employees that I get on the phone think that the remote start feature is an after market item that is not supported under warranty. I would then explain how the limited model comes with this feature and it is not an after market item. All I kept hearing was that they were unsure and will need to verify and look into it.

All I want is my remote start to work again!!!

Yup, found that out recently... Also, seems that many Ford employees that I get on the phone think that the remote start feature is an after market item that is not supported under warranty. I would then explain how the limited model comes with this feature and it is not an after market item. All I kept hearing was that they were unsure and will need to verify and look into it.

Hi rob-m007,

Keep me posted on how this progresses. If you need any additional assistance, just let me know.

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Rob. From your post I assume that your remote start did work at one time. A few new owners forget about having to press the 'lock' button first but since yours did work, that shouldn't be the issue. Have you confirmed that the remote start system is 'Enabled'? That may sound like a dumb question but I have had the odd thing come up disabled, seemingly on its own at times. Since updating to the new version, I have had the radio come up in OFF state 4 times even though it was ON when I turned the vehicle off. Electronic gremlins at work I guess.;)

Peter

Back