does buying a new 8" mean i can put it in the existing enclosure in my mach 2000? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

does buying a new 8" mean i can put it in the existing enclosure in my mach 2000?

dannytech_lt

Reaction score
City, State
Union nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer 5.0
i want to update my mach stereo so i want a subwoofer

im not looking for anything mind blowing im actually looking for jsut a small upgrade to the OEm subwoofer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockford-Fo...oofers_Enclosures&hash=item5aec971411&vxp=mtr

if i buy this , can i just unscrew the old subwoofer and put this in or do i need to buy a whole new subwoofer enclosure ?

like i said i dont know much about stereos i just need a quick answer so i can buy this

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Should fit diameter wise, my concern would be mounting depth. You could probably cut a spacer though.

If nothing else, you could be ghetto and throgh some washers in between if creating a spacer is out of the question.

^^^ That would create problems with the seal between the speaker and enclosure....

Haha hence ghetto

Subs that deep will not fit in the stock enclosure. Generally you'd need to use one of the shallow-depth "thin" subs to be able to just throw it in there.

You can use spacers/trim rings to get a sub that's just a little too deep to fit, but only for an inch or so, trying to fit a sub that's several inches too deep that way would require cutting a hole in the interior panel.

Back