TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

I want a price so I know how much money to put aside

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mines cracked too. And its my dd for 4 more weeks....

mine has been cracked for like 2 weeks and is still my DD and will be for a while hopefully...

Any update yet? They should be to give us a close estimate of cost per group size.

In the future, a planned group buy should have all these things worked out. Any "reasonable" vendor should be able to respond with a breakdown of pricing based on different group sizes. They should also be able to provide a turn around time based on the size of the order, up front for the groups consideration. Just some helpful criticism for the new company.

Group buys, especially on large ticket items such as this, are a tricky thing to sort out. By the time these issues do get resolved, 40% of the people will back out. You gotta get their $$ commitment today, and the only way to do this is to put up a deal we cannot live without.

:D:D

Also, since this new header company makes an item specifically for us, it would be very "gracious" of them to consider being a supporting forum vendor. The 100.00 per year goes a long way, and, they will have a great way to communicate offers and issues directly to their target market.
I am typing this here because I know they will read it. This alone should ring a bell.

Just my .02

I have a horrible ticking noise coming from the passneger side exhaust. I have the p heads with external egr so do these headers come with that or is that something i should order seperate to have in time for the header install?

Well... I'm just gonna go to them and order, cause apparently my friend wants them sooner rather than later since his manifold is cracked, and it seems like this is going to take quite a while longer before anything actually happens. It just doesn't appear that it will be worth waiting anyway.

Yes PBNJ, it has the port and comes with an extension. That is why they cost more for the later headers.

I'd like a set as well for my Explorer, and am not in a rush to get them either. But I can't commit until they know for sure what the price is going to be...

Why not give us an E-mail to them directly so those who are serious can give them a credit card number to reserve a set. Sorry guy, but there's really no reason to give you my info just for you to give it to them.

I think that anyone who is familliar with the SLOW MOTION history of this particular vendor can understand that they set a new meaning to "snails pace". They said that they would have a price first thing upon the new year. We are coming up on 2 weeks past that estimate, so adjusting for how friggin slow they are to respond/reply/deliver that means that we are probably looking at another 2-3 weeks befor this thing can actually get in gear. Then there will be the order accumulation period, probably about a month. Then they will start makeing them. Basically if you think you need them before the end of February, you are SOL even if you order them NOW.

Maybe you can negotiate with them to start accepting orders/down payments IMMEDIATLY and they will give thoes orders the group buy price as well as anyone who places their order by X date. That way thoes people that need theirs ASAP can get them on order now, expecting that they will get some level of discount. Thoes of us that are waiting to see what the actual discount will be before we order can wait for them to get off theor a$$ to figure it out.

im sick of waiting

whats there email?

im going to ask because im sick of waiting i want them now

i emailed them seeing if i can speed anything up atleast on my own truck

lets see what happens

Why not give us an E-mail to them directly so those who are serious can give them a credit card number to reserve a set. Sorry guy, but there's really no reason to give you my info just for you to give it to them.

Feel free to contact them, guy. Google their info, then email them, phone them, fax them, go see them...whatever. Then give them your credit card number and pay full price for your order. You think I really feel like taking your info and doing all the running around, not really. But that's what Al asked me to do so I'm doing it. And I'm doing it to save me and everybody else on here a few bucks. It's called a 'group buy' because that's exactly what it is, a 'group' order. You won't get the same deal ordering individually, but please, feel free to do so.

Any closer on discovering the "deal" price yet?

P.S. I do appreciate all the B work your doing for me and the rest of the forum. Keep up the good work!

:thumbsup:

Bronchole is exactly right. These guys are not going to set any speed records any time soon, but believe me guys, I've been working my butt off to make this happen. I've never been to their shop but they're definitely not BBK or Flowmaster with hundreds of employees...but they are the company that makes the Torque Monsters so it is what it is and we have to deal with it. They rarely answer the phone and if you email them it sometimes takes a day or two to hear back. And I don't think it's because they're irresponsible, I think it's because they're a small shop that is really busy. I have done my best to light a fire under their ***** but I know it's still been slow going. And trust me, I have made them VERY aware that we want to start placing orders immediately and that some guys have trucks that are out of action until they receive their headers.
If you think that you might have a good idea that will make this work better please PM me and let me know, but chances are I've already done it and discussed it with them, but either way I'd love to hear it. Just don't rant about it in the thread like you're 5.
And as to guys who want to contact them themselves to discuss the exact same things that I have been discussing with them almost every day for the past three weeks that's fine too, but I think it makes us look pretty disorganized. Again, PM me. I don't leave anybody hanging and I will be more than happy to answer any of your questions or pass them on to Al.

Thanks JCase. I think I got it out of my system. I'm better now.
But believe me, dealing with these guys at Al's is no walk in the park. They are SLOW, but I want everybody to know that I do phone or email them EVERY day and I WILL get this settled asap. I'm probably the most impatient guy on here so this isn't easy for me either. My own stock manifold cracked and I had to put on another one until the TMs come in, so I know exactly how everybody feels.

I have a horrible ticking noise coming from the passneger side exhaust. I have the p heads with external egr so do these headers come with that or is that something i should order seperate to have in time for the header install?

They have it already.

I do like that your impatient lol cause makes it more comforting knowing someone is like me

I appreciate what your doing but I'm dying for that one solid answer "how much" lol

Well know soon enough

In the meantime I think I'm gonna buy a subwoofer and the explorer express sway bar to occupy my time lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Skurz, I think you have gone way beyond what should be needed.
And, we are not the ones who should seem organized. All Al needs from us is $$$. Period.

Al, here is the message.
Make a commitment, set a time frame for us to make our commitment.

10 sets get a price break ( just throwing a number out there)
20 sets gets a larger break--and so on. The number of people who are committed by the date sets the size of the group buy. It is that easy.

It will take you 10 minutes to join the forum and make a post, which will get straight to the target market. ;)

Back