New Ford Explorer Sport: Fuel-Efficient, High-Performance SUV | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Ford Explorer Sport: Fuel-Efficient, High-Performance SUV

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's a 2 door Escape! Ha Ha.

Uncomfortable seats?

I find the uncomfortable seat issue to be surprising.

The Explorer Limited Luxury Seats (302A or 402A) are probably the nicest seats I have sat on. I have driven on some long 48hrs non stop trips across Canada and the US without any fatigue.

Im comparing this to a previous GMC Yukon Denali and a Lexus ES 350, both not as nice to sit in over longer drives.

I keep the cabin air cool and have the seat heat on almost always unless its summer then I run A/C seats.

The seats are one thing I cannot complain about at all.

I'm 6'4 and had an expedition before the Sport. No problem with the seats and I drive 100 miles a day. Also it does get 21-22 MPG on the turnpike. I'm averaging 19.6 right now with around town and freeway.

the seart are much better than 2011 Enclave CXl-2 i came out oif

Just ordered a 13' Explorer Sport yesterday, now the wait begins!!

We really went back and forth between the black/sienna and the all black interior, and since pictures online are never a good representation we ended up playing it safe and went all black. We knew for sure that we absolutely hated the black/pecan color in the Limited so we didn't want to take a chance.

I have some good picture but it is too late for you I guess.... The two tone really looks great

Interior color

I personnaly did not like he two tone either and went black with my Sport. The brown is just too close in color to the black and looks odd to me. My Expedition was black and cream gut and was a nice contrast but the black and brown in the explorer... To each his own I guess. No offense to those that love it. If we all had the same taste there would be nothing but White with Black gut Explorer Sports out there...:scratch:

Just picked up my new Sport on Monday. White w/402 package. Loyal Explorer fan, this is my 3rd one in a row.

Love the Sport! More fun driving it than any of the other ones I've had.

Explorer Sport Discussion Forum

Is there an Explorer Sport Owners group Discussion Forum? and if not let's start one. BTW, I'm thinking of striping the center of my hood Black on my White Sport. Probably in vinyl in case I get bored with it. Not sure I like that plasti-dip stuff either. Also looking at those MGP red caliper covers, (the good ones)Whataya think?
:feedback:

Is there an Explorer Sport Owners group Discussion Forum? and if not let's start one. BTW, I'm thinking of striping the center of my hood Black on my White Sport. Probably in vinyl in case I get bored with it. Not sure I like that plasti-dip stuff either. Also looking at those MGP red caliper covers, (the good ones)Whataya think?

I'm in for the sport forum and those red covers look great, my old Grand Prix GTP had red caliper covers and I always liked how they look.

Your White Sport link isn't working. I'd love to see a pic with the stripes. Love the caliper covers. I'm now thinking of black ones. OK, that came out wrong. :eek:

What's a good site to look at accessories that fit the Sport?

I haven't had this much fun with a car in a long time. Obviously the technology inside adds to it but the car is really fun to drive. I'm in NY and it's a lot of highway and street driving. Yesterday I really got to test the handling on curves and am blown away so far. There none of that drift feeling I'd get from my '97 and '03, it hugs it so much better.

and I'm not looking for blazing speed from an SUV but it's already gotten me passed situations that I would have held back on. Just need that little burst to get me on the highway or into a different lane.

We're taking a nice ride tomorrow just for the hell of it. We've been holding off going to Louis' Lunch (home of the original hamburger!) in Connecticut until we got this car. Can't wait!

I would paint the calipers instead.
I think the covers are tacky and reduce cooling

Ive had my White Sport for about a week, just about loaded i think i dont have a tow kit or 3rd row power but i didnt need that crap. After coming from an old sport to an '11 XLT, i gotta say that this thing drives and handles like a car. Is it fast? Yea, but keep in mind, most people who buy these are coming out of a slow truck so yes anything will feel fast. In my opinion, they should have actually tried to make it a little faster, and made some changes to the body style so people know its different. When i got my XLT, people would stop where it was parked and check it out, with the Sport, people just think its an explorer, which is fine but with the hefty price tag, they should have made it stand out more.

Same color I would pick!

Looking forward to pictures and a VIDEO doing 0-80mph...

Also, any chance of taking it to the track???

Hey guys, I got the same explorer.
D2B7-46D7-AD8D-990ABC2557ED-80169-00001F644D5DDED3.jpg
-AA63-458C-B103-BA3D2C307928-1011-00000080633F4E7E.jpg

So has anyone sourced a good aftermarket tuner? I went with Troyer Performance's custom tune on my F150, and they did a great job, but their four month waiting list is a bit much now. There's a lot of people doing tunes for the twin turbo ecoboost for the F150's, but I don't see much being advertised for the Explorer Sports.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So has anyone sourced a good aftermarket tuner? I went with Troyer Performance's custom tune on my F150, and they did a great job, but their four month waiting list is a bit much now. There's a lot of people doing tunes for the twin turbo ecoboost for the F150's, but I don't see much being advertised for the Explorer Sports.

Have you looked into Livernois Motorsports? They have been doing extremely well with the ecoboost motors.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/categories/Ford/2013-Explorer-Sport/

Back