2013 Explorer Sport Ordered | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Sport Ordered

Thanks for all of the info. Here is some details of my order.
402A Adaptive Cruise
265/45/20 Summer tire Ruby Red
Dual Panel Roof. Trailer Tow pkg
DVD Etc.
I also will be having the 3m paint shield installed on the hood, fender, outside mirrior and the front end. (I'm having a installer come in and do it before I pick up from dealer)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome and congratulations!....im also new here. I placed my order on 12/6 and still have no info, so your not alone :) Hoping sometime next week we'll have some news.

Hi Zorro11, when you find something out about your order, let me know. I will do the same. It will be interesting to compair info.

My Sport is at the dealer getting cleaned up! I ordered mine in mid-November FYI...

Awesome news, smokeufools! I don't know about everyone else, but I'm dying to see some pictures! (hint, hint)

Crystal

Ordered mine Nov 30, picking it up tomorrow morning!

Congratulations! I looked up when I placed my order and it was also Nov 30, 2012. Crazy.

Adam have you contacted the dealer? Or are waiting for them to contact you?

I've been in contact with the dealer weekly. They have told me that Explorer production has been very low (most dealers in my area have 0 in-stock) Before I ordered mine, the dealer said they had just placed an order for a sport for their stock. As of today, it still had not come in. They have been having problems even getting "normal" Explorers. I'm not sure what to do. I need to get a second vehicle soon. The problem is I always have to order what I want because I always order all of the options and dealers Don't stock vehicles that way. Do I keep waiting, or do I forget it and order something else and wait for that? Fun,fun,fun.

Id say wait! You have already made it this long, plus the guy that ordered his the same day got his already. Kinda sketchy hearing dealers will sell them out from under you tho.

I was almost 60 days for mine....
I was in same boat people ordered after me got theirs....
then it came... the waiting is no fun

Ordered ours December 20th.

Congrats on ordering, Explorer4thewife! Send me a PM with your dealer name/order number and I'll keep you updated on your Explorer's status.

Ordered mine Nov 30, picking it up tomorrow morning!

Sweet, Matrix848! Now post a lot of pictures and make us all jealous. ;)

Where are they made I heard Chicago, is this correct?

Yes, Explorers are built at our Chicago assembly plant.

Btw, I ordered...
White
402a
Tow package.

I heard that they didn't offer the DVD from the factory anymore?

The DVD headrests can be installed at a customizer facility near the assembly plant or at the dealership; it all depends on how and when your Explorer was ordered. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Crystal

So could the DVD headrests be holding up Adams order?

Hi Explorer4thewife,

I'm not aware of the DVD headrests becoming a delivery issue. I do know, however, that demand for the Explorer has been quite high, and as a result some customers have experienced a delay on their orders. Again, I'm happy to check on the status of anyone's Explorer order; just send me a PM with your order number/dealer name or VIN and I'll get you an update.

Thanks!

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What the hell?

New to the forum and not in a good mood. My wife & I ordered our loaded Sport on 11-24-12. It's been nine weeks. Nine WEEKS! I already know about the two week holiday shut down, but that still puts us at seven weeks with NO vin. Dealership can't tell us anything so we spoke with Regional Ford rep. She was a rude, unsympathetic witch and told my wife that it would be a minimum of six additional weeks. Since when did it take Ford four months to build a freaking Explorer?! I bet BMW, Mercedes, or Audi would be happy to take our $50 grand. I'm seriously considering looking else where.

Back