City, State
sydney, australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer xlt,
so today i installed some 10" long double row led light bars behind the grill,
142_zps1155ed5b.jpg

one side of the led light bar is bolted onto the front frame,
138_zps1ca1dde8.jpg

,and the other side of the light bar is bolted to a bracket 120mm long which is bolted underneath the hood release mechanism.
134_zps3aca2421.jpg

133_zps5056c0eb.jpg

140_zpsfcd3b232.jpg

this is how bright it gets! :)
151_zpsbc61907b.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Watch out man, you're driving on the wrong side of the road!!! ;)

We are working on installing some 6" LED bars we have onto the mustang. I was kicking around the idea of putting them behind the grill OR putting them low "in" the bumper where there are already holes.

Did you try them with the grill off to see if you lost a bunch of light by going through the grill? I'm "guessing" you lose some light but I'm also thinking that you don't lose much and having them higher up but losing some light is better than full light but having them closer to the ground.

~Mark

We are working on installing some 6" LED bars we have onto the mustang. I was kicking around the idea of putting them behind the grill OR putting them low "in" the bumper where there are already holes.

Did you try them with the grill off to see if you lost a bunch of light by going through the grill? I'm "guessing" you lose some light but I'm also thinking that you don't lose much and having them higher up but losing some light is better than full light but having them closer to the ground.

~Mark

hi mark, i did drive down the road with the grill off to see the difference, i dont really notice the light lose with the grill on the car, im putting on a 20" light bar on the lower grill tomorrow then putting a 40" led light bar on the roof next week, ill get back to you about the amount of light that i have with the 20" on the lower grill :)

my father is putting a couple of 20" light bars behind his grill on his 2011 ford falcon, ill snap a couple of pictures of that for you as well :)

Are you getting your lights from Trail Worthy Fab or are you going through Hanma (manufacturer) or some other place?

I love how much light those LED bars (there is a pair of 6" from TWF on the explorer, on the bumper now) put out. It really helps driving down the 2 lane in the middle of nowhere.

~Mark

Are you getting your lights from Trail Worthy Fab or are you going through Hanma (manufacturer) or some other place?

I love how much light those LED bars (there is a pair of 6" from TWF on the explorer, on the bumper now) put out. It really helps driving down the 2 lane in the middle of nowhere.

~Mark
haha, i wish, i live in australia, it would cost me to much to import here, i bought some lights from china because my father is a dealer for them in Australia , so i get them discounted heaps :), http://www.szaurora.com/1.aspx?id=121

haha, i wish, i live in australia, it would cost me to much to import here, i bought some lights from china because my father is a dealer for them in Australia , so i get them discounted heaps :), http://www.szaurora.com/1.aspx?id=121

Ahh.. sort of like getting them from Hanma (they are in China too, I think).

I didn't even notice you were on the other side of the world..

~Mark

didnt know australia had ford explorers..cool

Nice work red!

Looking forward to some pics of the gt-p :)

Nice work red!

Looking forward to some pics of the gt-p :)

haha, ill get some for you with the explorer behind it this weekend, black explorer, black fpv gtp and black fpv gt :australia

Any chance of hooking a brother up with a 20 inch and 4 inch job.

Looks good by the way.
I just have regular combo spotties but want the light bar to put on a roof cage

Any chance of hooking a brother up with a 20 inch and 4 inch job.

Looks good by the way.
I just have regular combo spotties but want the light bar to put on a roof cage

hey mendy!,
haha we just got some new 20" led light bars, the same as mine but my ones are only 10" long, we dont have any 4" light bars :(,
it comes in a kit which includes all the wiring up, relays, a switch, brackets to mount the light bar, we sell them for $500 for a 20" led light bar and $300 for the 10" light bar,

the 20" light bar puts out about 9000 lumens and the 10" light bar puts out about 4500 lumens

check out how tough they are on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXw-8Ad1sm0

cheers :)

Seem pretty good.

What's the smallest size you can get. Need something like 6 or 8 inches for my ktm

Seem pretty good.

What's the smallest size you can get. Need something like 6 or 8 inches for my ktm

hey mendy, sorry but i havent had any internet for the last 2weeks!, the smallest i have is a 10" 2 row l.e.d bar, i also have some new 12" 4 row l.e.d light bars, i have a 20" l.e.d light bar currently mounted on my 2001 yamaha banshee and it looks great! :D

i will have to post mine up i put my 20" in my lower grill because i have a billit upper you dont even see it in the lower till i turn it on. and then im working on my 40" double stack high strength magnetic mount that way i can go through carwashes and not worry about it getting pilled off i can jus drop it on and plug it in. when i get home i will have to take some pics of the progress

cool!, i cant wait to see the 20" led light bar on the lower grill, i have been thinking on ways yo make it sit in there but nothing as of yet :(, cant wait for the photos though! :)

Nice install I was thinking about going behind the grill but want something bigger like 22"

i will have to post mine up i put my 20" in my lower grill because i have a billit upper you dont even see it in the lower till i turn it on. and then im working on my 40" double stack high strength magnetic mount that way i can go through carwashes and not worry about it getting pilled off i can jus drop it on and plug it in. when i get home i will have to take some pics of the progress

Did you ever get around to taking pictures?

Im trying to figure out how to mount it and what to trim.

Back