• Register Today It's free!

Hello from central PA

WH1056

Reaction score
City, State
Julian, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT & 2001 Sport
Been snooping around here for a while, but never really needed to post.
I recently set-up an account and the notice at the top of the page keeps telling me to introduce myself, so here I am. :thumbsup:

Over the last 18 years I have owned 6 Explorers - two of which are still here. (1996 XLT four-door and 2001 Sport)
Here's the '96:
1996Explorer_zpsc1ef6017.jpg

Here's the sport:
exp1.jpg

I've also had four Rangers, one '84 Bronco II with a 5.0 HO transplant, three F-150's, one '93 F-250 Diesel, a '79 Bronco with a 460 transplant, a '64 Galaxie 500 XL, two '69 Cougars, six 'newer' Mustangs, one 1976 Ford Capri II, and thirteen Fox-body Mercury Capris.

Not hard to tell what brand I'm loyal to, is it? :D

Terry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to another Central PA resident!!

Welcome to the forum! I used to have a 95 XLT exactly like your 96. Great truck that was. Had to put it out to better pastures because everything was completely rusted beyond repair.

Welcome to the site! Great looking trucks.

Thank you kindly for the welcomes!

Welcome. I was just up your way for an interview (Social studies teacher position at Bellefonte H.S) Unfortunately I didn't get it though. Your 96 is very clean.

The '96 has done a lot of sitting around for the last three years.
I put heads on it about four years ago, but it always had a little lifter noise. It eventually got worse and I came to find out that it wasn't oiling at the top end. Two years ago I pulled the engine and removed the pan to find a badly-plugged pick-up screen - but the bearings were perfect. I stuck a new pump in it, but it was too late. ((((tick-tick-tick-tick))))
I decided against dumping another $500 in it for lifters, gaskets, and head bolts, so I only run it when I absolutely have to.
The rockers are beginning to show signs of rust, but plans are to trade it or sell it this spring.
It was garage-kept / one-owner prior to me. It now has 150K and still works great - it just has some nasty lifter chatter.

Back