When might we start hearing about the 2014 Explorer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

When might we start hearing about the 2014 Explorer?

RILEY, HERE ARE THE SPECS OF THE 2013 EXPLORER SPORT, The EcoBoost inline four-cylinder engine combines two different technologies – turbocharging and twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT) – to deliver the performance of a much larger engine. It churns out 240 horsepower and 270 lb.-ft. of torque across a wide 1,750–4,000 rpm range. THE 2014 LTD WILL HAVE TWIN TURBO W/365 HP. THE 2013 DOSN'T HAVE THAT ENGINE.....!! I HAVE BEEN DOING MY HOME WORK SINCE 2010 WHEN THE NEW 2011 EXPLORER WAS BEING TESTED AND DRIVEN BY A GGOD FRIEND OF MINE WHO WORKS FOR FORD AND WAS TESTING THE NEW EXPLORER AND THE NEW FUSION AND THE SOON TO BE RELEASE MUSTANG, YOU SEE FORD WILL MAKE MANY CARS VERY POWERFUL BUT THEY WON'T MAKE IT TO HAVE MORE HP THAN THE MUSTANG. NICE IS THAT WHEN THEY RELEASE THE NEW EXPLORER ENGINE I WILL HAVE IT MAPED TO OPEN THAT ENGINE UP ALL THE WAY !!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I spoke with some of the people at Ford during a recent Fleet event. I was advised that 2014MY Job1 will likely be in June 2013, ordering guide info is usually 1-2 month before.

RILEY, HERE ARE THE SPECS OF THE 2013 EXPLORER SPORT, The EcoBoost inline four-cylinder engine combines two different technologies – turbocharging and twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT) – to deliver the performance of a much larger engine. It churns out 240 horsepower and 270 lb.-ft. of torque across a wide 1,750–4,000 rpm range. THE 2014 LTD WILL HAVE TWIN TURBO W/365 HP. THE 2013 DOSN'T HAVE THAT ENGINE.....!! I HAVE BEEN DOING MY HOME WORK SINCE 2010 WHEN THE NEW 2011 EXPLORER WAS BEING TESTED AND DRIVEN BY A GGOD FRIEND OF MINE WHO WORKS FOR FORD AND WAS TESTING THE NEW EXPLORER AND THE NEW FUSION AND THE SOON TO BE RELEASE MUSTANG, YOU SEE FORD WILL MAKE MANY CARS VERY POWERFUL BUT THEY WON'T MAKE IT TO HAVE MORE HP THAN THE MUSTANG. NICE IS THAT WHEN THEY RELEASE THE NEW EXPLORER ENGINE I WILL HAVE IT MAPED TO OPEN THAT ENGINE UP ALL THE WAY !!

Um, the 2013 Explorer Sport DOES have the twin turbo 3.5L engine! Which is available now and quite a few members here have one.

Um, the 2013 Explorer Sport DOES have the twin turbo 3.5L engine! Which is available now and quite a few members here have one.

This!

The 4-cylinder Eco boost is available on other trim levels of the Ex, but not the Sport--only the 3.5L twin turbo. Rumor is that to include this engine in the Limited, the price point would have to be increased a few $000's (which makes sense if the 4-banger is more than the base V6).

Snowbird, thank you so much for your info, i just want to get the ltd with the twin turbo, and with tha production timing it looks good for me to order. HOW DID YOU GET THIS INFO HOW ACCURATE IT IS

Snowbird, thank you so much for your info, i just want to get the ltd with the twin turbo, and with tha production timing it looks good for me to order. HOW DID YOU GET THIS INFO HOW ACCURATE IT IS

The '14 Limited will NOT be available with the Ecoboost 3.5L, once again only offered in the Sport trim. Trust me, I know. Only changes to the Explorer for the '14 MY are two new colors (also deleting two) and a new feature for the Limited trim (and it's not the Eco 3.5L).

Again with all do respect riley how sure are that the 2014 will not have it, i have been reading for awhile that it will please tell why are you so sure it won't.

Again with all do respect riley how sure are that the 2014 will not have it, i have been reading for awhile that it will please tell why are you so sure it won't.

That article you posted a link to says absolutely nothing about the '14 model. You don't really have to believe me but there are other members here that know I speak the truth. When the '14 is available to order in a few months don't be surprised by what you see (or actually what you don't see).

That article you posted a link to says absolutely nothing about the '14 model. You don't really have to believe me but there are other members here that know I speak the truth. When the '14 is available to order in a few months don't be surprised by what you see (or actually what you don't see).
\
Not for nothing but I would listen to him
If you want the tt get a Sport.. trust me it is the one you want
or you could get the hearse looking MKT

Attn snowbird: Delete some PM's, you cannot receive new ones, you're over your limit.

I hate that mkt it carries dead people....! Lol

The interesting thing about what they say about the 3.5 TT is that this is almost lifted from the write-up on the Sport.

From what we heard, the Ford Explorer 2014 model will be built with a 365 HP twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine with which the new Ford Taurus model makes 0 to 60 mph dash in just 5 seconds! According to the 2014 ford explorer rumor we heard, the EcoBoost V6 does not just offer plenty of horsepower it is also easy on fuel. The automaker will try to reach a balance between an all-out performance level and reasonable fuel economy. The target is believed to be 16 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway which is an improvement on the 12/18 mpg offered by the more expensive Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and the 13/20 mpg that is expected from the 5.7-L, Hemi V-8 Dodge Durango. Aside from the better fuel economy and satisfying performance of the 2014 Explorer, Ford will strengthen its chassis, make its brake rotors stronger, lowered its suspension, and ensure that the steering system feels faster.

It is funny that they are talking about it like it is a new engine for the Ex, but at the time of the article (Dec '12), it was already available...

If it was already available is ok, but it's only on the sport now but reading and doing research it looks like it will be on the limited also. And if its not its not but i hope it is.

If it was already available is ok, but it's only on the sport now but reading and doing research it looks like it will be on the limited also. And if its not its not but i hope it is.

Show me one article where it says it will be available on the Limited in '14. Just one. Better yet, just wait until June. I'm done.

Hi my friend. You stated, "THE 2014 LTD WILL HAVE TWIN TURBO W/365 HP. THE 2013 DOSN'T HAVE THAT ENGINE.....!!"
I think we may have a bit of a mixup here that may be creating some confusion. If you had said the 2013 Limited doesn't have that engine you would be correct. However, the 2013 Sport does have that engine. It is an EcoBoost 3.5L direct injection, twin turbo with 365 HP and 350 LB-FT of torque.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi my friend. You stated, "THE 2014 LTD WILL HAVE TWIN TURBO W/365 HP. THE 2013 DOSN'T HAVE THAT ENGINE.....!!"
I think we may have a bit of a mixup here that may be creating some confusion. If you had said the 2013 Limited doesn't have that engine you would be correct. However, the 2013 Sport does have that engine. It is an EcoBoost 3.5L direct injection, twin turbo with 365 HP and 350 LB-FT of torque.

Peter

But the articles being referenced do not say anything about what model the engine would be available in. I think that there are assumptions being made that it will be in models other than the Sport. If so, I would expect a $4-5k premium for the engine (as the Sport is based on the XLT and carries a $6100 premium, but it isn't all engine). At that price point, it becomes a tough sell.

Back