Climate Settings With Remote Start | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Climate Settings With Remote Start

The problem Ford has here (as I see it) is the lack of communication back to its customers. The quickest way to lose all creditability is to ask for feedback/suggestions and then do nothing about it (or communicate nothing about them).

Ford should either:
1) Stop asking for feedback/suggestions (one-way communication is not effective and creates client frustration as they feel their voices are not being heard)...OR
2) Provide updates to their customers letting them know they have taken the top 3 suggestions/improvements as well as what specific defects from the last/previous releases and plan to incorporate them into the next release targeted for xxxx (insert date here....Q1, 2013).

Ford could significantly improve both the client dissatisfaction as well as build credibility by publishing a targeted update release schedule too. I think this gets back to poor communication.
As I've stated many times before, communications is not one of Ford's strong points. I'd give them a 'FAIL' :thumbdwn: on that very important issue.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Remote Start and Driver Settings

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport. What I would like to know is what the Auto and Off options do under the Vehicle Settings - Remote Start. I would think that selecting Auto would for example switch on the seat heaters. However, even in this miserably cold weather here in the Northeast I get into an Explorer with cold seats. Now my wife's car has a mechanical switch/dial for the seat heaters if the switch was on before you start the car you get a nice warm seat when you remotely start the car.

What am I missing. The tome of a manual has no suggestions other than it is all my responsibility and not Fords...

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport. What I would like to know is what the Auto and Off options do under the Vehicle Settings - Remote Start. I would think that selecting Auto would for example switch on the seat heaters. However, even in this miserably cold weather here in the Northeast I get into an Explorer with cold seats. Now my wife's car has a mechanical switch/dial for the seat heaters if the switch was on before you start the car you get a nice warm seat when you remotely start the car.

What am I missing. The tome of a manual has no suggestions other than it is all my responsibility and not Fords...
Welcome to the Forum guyspat. :wavey:
It needs to be in AUTO to turn on the heated seats and the other items you have selected and set to ON.
Have to go into Remote Start/Climate Control and set the features you want to ON?

Peter

I have tried the Auto and it never turns on my heated seats and also doesn't put the blower or heat on full, even when it is -25C. I have tried "Use last settings" and that doesn't use my last settings, it just seems to use some random auto settings.

Nothing in this damn Explorer works the way it should!

I have tried the Auto and it never turns on my heated seats and also doesn't put the blower or heat on full, even when it is -25C. I have tried "Use last settings" and that doesn't use my last settings, it just seems to use some random auto settings.

Nothing in this damn Explorer works the way it should!
You have to set it to AUTO. As I mentioned in my other post, have you set all the features under Remote Start/Climate Control to ON?

Peter

You have to set it to AUTO. As I mentioned in my other post, have you set all the features under Remote Start/Climate Control to ON?

Peter

As I said, yes, I set it to AUTO.

Under Remote Start/Climate Control there are only two options for me, AUTO and Use Last Settings. I have set that to auto and it doesn't turn on the heated seats or set the blower and heat to high.

I set it to last settings and it does not even use my last settings.

I, like you, live in the Ottawa area, and if there are temperature thresholds, I am sure I would have hit them last week with it hitting -28C (without the windchill).

Very frustrating.

As I said, yes, I set it to AUTO.

Under Remote Start/Climate Control there are only two options for me, AUTO and Use Last Settings. I have set that to auto and it doesn't turn on the heated seats or set the blower and heat to high.

I set it to last settings and it does not even use my last settings.

I, like you, live in the Ottawa area, and if there are temperature thresholds, I am sure I would have hit them last week with it hitting -28C (without the windchill).

Very frustrating.
Strange, I don't see the options Auto and Use Last Settings any more.
In the left hand screen I go into Vehicle/Remote Start/Climate Control and it gives me 5 options to turn ON or OFF.

Heater - A/C
Front Defrost
Rear Defrost
Driver's Seat
Passenger Seat

Peter

My Sport appears to be working fine great. I remote start the car in the morning, when I get in everything is on, windows defrosted and seats nice and toasty. I think I have everything set to auto.

Not sure why people are having problems but I've been very happy with it so far.

My Sport appears to be working fine great. I remote start the car in the morning, when I get in everything is on, windows defrosted and seats nice and toasty. I think I have everything set to auto.

Not sure why people are having problems but I've been very happy with it so far.

Same with mine. I jump in and even thev steering wheel is toasty.

Strange, I don't see the options Auto and Use Last Settings any more.
In the left hand screen I go into Vehicle/Remote Start/Climate Control and it gives me 5 options to turn ON or OFF.

Heater - A/C
Front Defrost
Rear Defrost
Driver's Seat
Passenger Seat

Peter

Peter, Others,

I just had a Ford OEM remote start activated in my car (new keys cut and remote start activated by IDS) but I only have 3 options: Heater - A/C, Front Defrost, and Rear Defrost. I do not have the option for driver's seat or passenger seat. Do those options give you the option of turning on your heated seats? Does anyone on the forum have my situation where there are only 3 options, not 5? 800-FORDKEY said that the heated seats turning on automatically is not possible. Again, I question what comes out of a Ford rep's mouth...

-My activation does not include an option for heated seats in the settings
-Ford Accessories says it does activates heated seats
-Ford-Key 800# (for technicians) said that it's not possible

Typical response with everything that I've experienced with my Explorer

Remote Start System - 100 Series Plug-N-Play
Part No: DA8Z-19G364-A
`Enjoy the comfort and convenience of a pre-warmed or pre-cooled vehicle.
`This handy Ford system can start/stop the engine from up to 300 ft. (distance may vary depending on location and environment).
`Parking lights flash to acknowledge command is received, and then remain on during the remote-start run time, which is customer-programmable.
`Automatically activates heated/cooled seats and sets the heater or air conditioner to 72 degrees on the dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control if so equipped.
`Features Remote Keyless Entry, Car Find and Panic functions. Includes one key fob. Dealer installation recommended; no splicing necessary.

Cory, FordCustomerService,
Would love to get your take on this situation

Same issue with XLT.....

I noticed the same thing on my XLT after I added the remote start. For some reason they don't support turning the seats on with the XLT.......

Peter, Others,

I just had a Ford OEM remote start activated in my car (new keys cut and remote start activated by IDS) but I only have 3 options: Heater - A/C, Front Defrost, and Rear Defrost. I do not have the option for driver's seat or passenger seat. Do those options give you the option of turning on your heated seats? Does anyone on the forum have my situation where there are only 3 options, not 5? 800-FORDKEY said that the heated seats turning on automatically is not possible. Again, I question what comes out of a Ford rep's mouth...
Yes, with those 2 options (driver & passenger) set to ON, the seats heat up when the remote start is used.

I don't recall seeing those 5 options before. All I recall seeing before were the AUTO and USE LAST SETTINGS options which I no longer see.

Peter

Peter

Everything works on the Auto Setting, the temps have be 27*F or lower, but my seats and heated steering wheel comes on in the garage at temps 32* F and below.....hope this help. Also, you can set the controls to last setting in the left screen and it will set everything to the last setting before the engine was shut off.

Also, I have given you everything from the Limited modelof the Explorer.....

Everything works on the Auto Setting, the temps have be 27*F or lower, but my seats and heated steering wheel comes on in the garage at temps 32* F and below.....hope this help. Also, you can set the controls to last setting in the left screen and it will set everything to the last setting before the engine was shut off.
In order for the heated/cooled seats to come on with the remote start, it must be set to AUTO. This was also confirmed by Crystal in another post. Mine was also set to AUTO and the seat heaters came on with remote start. For some reason I no longer have those 2 options as I have explained in posts in this thread. They have been replaced with 5 options which I have listed before.

Peter

Remote Start & Climate

New to the forum after picking up my 2013 Explorer LTD, and I have a question for you fellow Ford owners.

When you remote start the vehicle, how do you get the climate control to work? I want to start my car when it is either cool or hot out and have the seats either cooling or heating and the A/C or heater blasting. I tried setting everything to auto in the drivers display monitor, but when I started the car this morning it was not on.

I'm sure you folks know how to fix this problem. Thanks everyone.

New to the forum after picking up my 2013 Explorer LTD, and I have a question for you fellow Ford owners.

When you remote start the vehicle, how do you get the climate control to work? I want to start my car when it is either cool or hot out and have the seats either cooling or heating and the A/C or heater blasting. I tried setting everything to auto in the drivers display monitor, but when I started the car this morning it was not on.

How long was it running? How cold, how hot outside/inside the car?

Welcome to the Forum jrzurel.:wavey:
It is done through the left hand screen settings. You may also want to check out the existing thread below;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378470

There is also a section in the manual on Remote Start Climate Operation that sets out the conditions under which this operates.

Good luck.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum guyspat. :wavey:
It needs to be in AUTO to turn on the heated seats and the other items you have selected and set to ON.
Have to gone into Remote Start/Climate Control and set the features you want to ON?

Peter

Thanks for the reply! I did go through the menus (they are fairly intiutive) set the remote start to on and seats to auto. I have the remote start set at ten minutes and the seats are not on. BTW what are the thresholds for the heating and cooling functions.

Thxs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the reply! I did go through the menus (they are fairly intiutive) set the remote start to on and seats to auto. I have the remote start set at ten minutes and the seats are not on. BTW what are the thresholds for the heating and cooling functions.

Thxs
I can't recall off hand. wikid in his post in this thread mentioned 27F or lower for the heated seats.
I know that Crystal mentioned the thresholds in another post on this subject.

Peter

Back